Sign in to follow this  
LastMile

Sony W4500, Z4500 And Xbr45

Thanks people for helping me home in on a Sony W 52” ( KDL-52W4500 ). Managed to buy at $3548. First price HN at $3800. I used the Union Shopper and gave them my initial best price of $3600. Union Shopper came back with $3548 but the shop they got that price off did not have stock til February. Rang Videopro – could not match. Rang SonyCentral Brisbane would match the price and had stock. I chose to buy off them as I got the extended warranty ($329) as it is I believe a Sony warranty. Sounded like Videopro and SonyCentral are affiliated and both said they’re really wasn’t anything left in that price when I tried for more.

I spent more than intended as reality I would have been fine with a Panasonic 50” (PZ80,800,850) – I got great prices on these too PZ80 down to $2200, PZ800 at $2500. What swayed me away was the heat these things put out and as I live in Brisbane I wished to avoid that (maybe no biggie to some) plus heat must equate to more power use.

Also I wanted to buy now as I was concerned re price rise. I know there are many theories on this. There is every chance LCD prices will drop and AUD is getting stronger again. But who knows... New models will still be Full HD so panel resolution is at it’s max for now. They may improve backlight, Hz and features (i.e. connections, menus) but the quality is here now I believe for full HD panels – which was my justification for buying now instead of waiting...

Anyway the Sony is home and sitting pretty. Can you believe I got it home in the back of a Holden wagon. It is a huge box... Anywahows thought I would share back as DTVForum and you guys have been a huge help.

The Sony price rise takes effect on stock arriving after 1/2/09 just like Panasonic......approx 7%....prices in the market place will probably be noticeable in late feburary/early march as the cheap stock runs out..

The Sony price rise takes effect on stock arriving after 1/2/09 just like Panasonic......approx 7%....prices in the market place will probably be noticeable in late feburary/early march as the cheap stock runs out..

What is the best price anyone has got for the KDL40W4500. I am in Melbourne. :D

Has anyone heard any info on when the next batch of 52"Z4500 will be getting into Adelaide?

Lots of retailers are advertising them but no one has them in stock.

I am getting a bit anxious :unsure:

I've been lurking for a while so decide to join up and ask some experts about the Sony's. I'm in the market for a 40" and notice that the XBR45 series is now cheaper than the Z series. A guy in HN told me as the 40" does not have the backlighting it is essentially a Japanese made W series???? Now the question is which one? Z Series, W4500 or XBR45 ... money is not really that much of an issue ... but ... ATM the 40" XBR comes with a Premium Blu Ray for 3k ... not bad???

Thanks in Advance

Matt

Has anyone heard any info on when the next batch of 52"Z4500 will be getting into Adelaide?

Lots of retailers are advertising them but no one has them in stock.

I am getting a bit anxious :unsure:

Purchased my 52Z4500 at The Good Guys Pooraka yesterday, was told stock will be coming in 7-10 days from Sydney

Purchased my 52Z4500 at The Good Guys Pooraka yesterday, was told stock will be coming in 7-10 days from Sydney

How much did you pay for yours FCMaxi, if you don't mind me asking?

How much did you pay for yours FCMaxi, if you don't mind me asking?

$4280, after a bit of haggling B)

$4280, after a bit of haggling B)

About the same from a HN in Melbourne recently.

And they had stock too.

I'm still deciding between this or the Samsung 9 which had no ETA.

cheers

k_

Edited by k371n

I've been lurking for a while so decide to join up and ask some experts about the Sony's. I'm in the market for a 40" and notice that the XBR45 series is now cheaper than the Z series. A guy in HN told me as the 40" does not have the backlighting it is essentially a Japanese made W series???? Now the question is which one? Z Series, W4500 or XBR45 ... money is not really that much of an issue ... but ... ATM the 40" XBR comes with a Premium Blu Ray for 3k ... not bad???

Thanks in Advance

Matt

Can anyone help with this? As a new member I am unable to create a new thread just yet. Just to contribute a bit I was quoted $2000 from HN for a 40" W4500 ... and had 37 in stock.

Thanks

Matt

Can anyone help with this? As a new member I am unable to create a new thread just yet. Just to contribute a bit I was quoted $2000 from HN for a 40" W4500 ... and had 37 in stock.

Thanks

Matt

Sounds good. I think you need to make a certain amount of replies before you can start a new topic.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

Which HN was this? Oh please please let it be in South Australia....

Hi Matt,

Which HN was this? Oh please please let it be in South Australia....

Sorry Mate, this was in Brisbane ... he seemed pretty keen to offload one. Anyone know what the key differences are between the W4500 and XBR45?

Thanks

Matt

Well I finally took the plunge and brought the 46" Z4500 from Dick Smiths for $3,200 after they priced match HN and on 24 months interst free. They had them in stock as well. Got their 4 year extended warranty for extra $399 so all up $3600. All setup and very happy with the picture quality especially after watching the cricket last night in HD (had 68cm Hitachi CRT before this ). I didnt think the extra $1K was worth for the 52" so spent the money on PS3 and some ceiling speakers etc.

Hello Friends,

I'm looking to buy Sony Bravia 46 inch W4500. So far the cheapest quote is from Bing Lee for $2850. Does any know a better place to buy in Sydney??

If anyone has bought this Tv then we would appreciate some feedback and comments on its performance. Has anyone tried calibrating this TV?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Well I finally took the plunge and brought the 46" Z4500 from Dick Smiths for $3,200 after they priced match HN and on 24 months interst free. They had them in stock as well. Got their 4 year extended warranty for extra $399 so all up $3600. All setup and very happy with the picture quality especially after watching the cricket last night in HD (had 68cm Hitachi CRT before this ). I didnt think the extra $1K was worth for the 52" so spent the money on PS3 and some ceiling speakers etc.

Yeah, I got the same model on the same day. The first thing I watched was the cricket too! Very happy so far, moved up from a Loewe 78cm crt.

Hi All

New here. Just picked up my Bravia KDL46Z4500 from JB HiFi including extended warranty total 5 years @ $3450.

Very happy with this unit.

Edited by meywal71

Hello Friends,

I'm looking to buy Sony Bravia 46 inch W4500. So far the cheapest quote is from Bing Lee for $2850. Does any know a better place to buy in Sydney??

If anyone has bought this Tv then we would appreciate some feedback and comments on its performance. Has anyone tried calibrating this TV?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

NAPF in Rockdale offered me $2750.

Just purchased ( before the Feb price rises) the Sony 52" w4500 for $3671 at Harvey Norman Moorabbin

Just purchased ( before the Feb price rises) the Sony 52" w4500 for $3671 at Harvey Norman Moorabbin

Bought the W4500 from myer 2 weeks back for $2150 and they are telling me thereis a wait for 6 weeks for delivery.... I am getting anxious and went to HN to see if they have one stock and get one there and canceal my original order. When I showed them my price, they would not match it. Saying its below cost - more so with recent price hikes.

When are these Sony price rises? Are they confirmed? The current KDL46W4500 that I am interested in is priced in most stores at $3399. Has it ever been cheaper than this?

I can purchase one (albeit with a bit of a wait) for $2600. Should I buy or wait and see what happens? I have a feeling the RRP might drop to $2999 shortly.

When are these Sony price rises? Are they confirmed? The current KDL46W4500 that I am interested in is priced in most stores at $3399. Has it ever been cheaper than this?

I can purchase one (albeit with a bit of a wait) for $2600. Should I buy or wait and see what happens? I have a feeling the RRP might drop to $2999 shortly.

They said they updated their systems today so go figure. I am surprised HN would not even consider my price and I know of others who got it cheaper...

Friends got a 46" XBR 45 for $4900 at HN - seemed a good deal to me.

Anyone seen better

Just about to order an XBR 55" for $6500. Also got offered the 52"Z Series for $3300, but prefer the LED. Its through a friend, not retail so it gives you an idea of cost pricing on these models :)

That is a great price for the 46" W, the best I ever saw was $2750. Snap it up quick.