Sony W4500, Z4500 And Xbr45

I just bought brand new Sony 40XBR45 LCD at david jones Sydney with a FREE Blu-ray BDP-S550 (take home rigth away!). I paid only $2430 (RRP $3499)with 1 yr warranty)with total of 4 year warranty. (1 yr Sony and 3 years DJ no lemon warranty)

They price matched $2449 sony centre and $220 for extra DJ warranty also giveaway a free blu-ray (no need to wait weeks!! just get it from them!!) and most importantly I noticed that there is a DJ gift card promotion every $200 you got $20 gift card. so Ibought $2400 gift card and got $240 free (=10% off)

Good deal?

Could you send me the recipt too please

rona7do@live.com.au

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just purchased a 46z4500 for $3450 from HN Indro including 5 year extended warranty and delivery. Thanks to everyone for helping me get this price. Purchased a Tivo and wireless adaptor at the same time. Not sure if this helped get the price I got. The TV itself is ticketed at $3499 at the moment.

Mate, can you send me a copy of your receipt if possible.

davey_crocket@hotmail.com

Mate, can you send me a copy of your receipt if possible.

davey_crocket@hotmail.com

Sorry don't have access to a scanner. If you have a fax number I can fax you a copy.

Have been waiting for years to finally buy a new tv. Was looking at the W Series and decided on getting the 46" over the 40". Ended up getting it at Jb Hifi for $2800 with extended warranty. Thought that was pretty good considering a mate told me their cost is $2900

Anybody with the 52W4500 care to comment on your experience so far? I'm very keen on this one in the next few weeks to get the free bluray. Also, if anybody has an invoice they could share?

I'm also planning to get a 52W4500 and would appreciate it if anyone has an invoice they could share (I'm in Perth btw).

Thanks!

I know there is a Retravision store in Chapel Street Prahran that i bought a couple of TV's off the other day. the guy in there, Robert, thinks hes the manager said they were under alot of pressure to liquidate some stock, and as a result i got an awesome deal. I went to JB down the road and they just laughed at the price.

Definitely reccommend him, he was so keen to get my business, even did free delivery and the price was like $200 less than JB. How do they do it?????

Just there fro anyone who wants a good deal. As i said, price was good and the service was pretty cool to.

re 52W4500 - a couple of recent posts asking for views on this model - bought mine Jan 09 and no regrets - went for LCD as theoretically less power draw and less reflective - i will have to say we are stoked with the quality and colour - watching Home and Away (my wife and daughter watch it OK) it is Hi Def and has a lot of 'skin' - well the colour and skin tones are very good (sensational really) - also the Broncs/Cowboys game last Friday was great regarding sport action.

not sure if i could compare well to other brands / models but a good independent review can be found here http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sony-kdl40w...20081116135.htm - also has many comments asking for calibration settings - I set my picture settings using Microsft Vista Media Centre (VMC) - VMC has this wizard that shows a video and lets you step through contrast, whites, colour, size and you adjust the picture - I used this and had my picture at a point which was as good as I could expect

someone posted here they picked up a 52Z for $4K - sounds like a great deal - not sure how much better the Z can be though - higher contrast so should be better - $4K is a great price if you can streeeetch it...

I just bought brand new Sony 40XBR45 LCD at david jones Sydney with a FREE Blu-ray BDP-S550 (take home rigth away!). I paid only $2430 (RRP $3499)with 1 yr warranty)with total of 4 year warranty. (1 yr Sony and 3 years DJ no lemon warranty)

They price matched $2449 sony centre and $220 for extra DJ warranty also giveaway a free blu-ray (no need to wait weeks!! just get it from them!!) and most importantly I noticed that there is a DJ gift card promotion every $200 you got $20 gift card. so Ibought $2400 gift card and got $240 free (=10% off)

Good deal?

hey mate, thats a great deal. im looking at getting this exact one. would you mind forwarding the receipt to me. my email is onecruelcycle@yahoo.com

thanks in advance. :)

Hey folks, I'm just wondering if any Bravia Z owners can help me here. I've got my 46"Z and whenever I switching channels and HDMI inputs the screen flashes with white lines on the bottom half of the screen for a split second, then everything stays normal. Is this a HDMI sync issue or something else? I have the problem in a separate thread http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=76668

Any thoughts?

Good deal?

Awesome deal :excl: Been looking at the same model for a few months now, and couldn't get that low in most stores that I've been to in Perth, but will give it a go at DJ. Could you email a copy of the receipt to winvin23@gmail.com as well please? Much appreciated <_<

KDL40XBR45 = $3,999 for $2449. Let me know if anyone needs receipt. No extended warranty from sony centre.

My brother is looking to buy this model - if you wouldnt mind sending the receipt to lukefrench@gmail.com that would be very much appreciated!

thanks

Purchased Sony KDL46XBR45 at H-N Newcastle on weekend $4950, with Blu-ray BDP-S550 redemption ($649 Sony list price / $560 online store purchase) and a Sanus tilt wallmount ($299) thrown in on the deal as a sweetener - I opted for a HN 48 month additional warranty policy (add 10%) as Sony equivalent policy was a hefty $750.

New Bravias (thin with wireless) are now on Sony web (EX1 & ZX1) which has bumped the stock price on a KDL46XBR45 down from $6999 to $6399, but the 40" ZX1 with LED technology weighs in at $7399 .. (46" EX1 is CCFL backlight at $6099)

Blue-rays are available for the first 20,000 customers only until mid Apr 09 - but don't worry to much - there's still 18,000 left as of 22 Mar 09 .. these players are extremely high quality packed to the brim with all the True HD abilities that you would expect from Sony.

Sony needs another baby bonus scheme to keep the stock flowing - and so does Hardly Normals me thinks ..

Edited by Flackster
Purchased Sony KDL46XBR45 at H-N Newcastle on weekend $5000 even, with Blu-ray BDP-S550 redemption ($649 Sony list price / $560 online store purchase)

New Bravias (thin with wireless) are now on Sony web (EX1 & ZX1) which has bumped the stock price on a KDL46XBR45 down from $6999 to $6399.

Blue-rays are available for the first 20,000 customers only until mid Apr 09 - but don't worry to much - there's still 18,000 left as of 22 Mar 09 ..

Sony needs another baby bonus scheme to keep the stock flowing - and so does Hardly Normals me thinks ..

Would i be able to get a copy of the receipt for the XBR45 so i can match its price? Thanks, my email is makeyouseksi@hotmail.com

Good deal?

Purchased Sony KDL46XBR45 at H-N Newcastle on weekend $4950, with Blu-ray BDP-S550 redemption ($649 Sony list price / $560 online store purchase) and a Sanus tilt wallmount ($299) thrown in on the deal as a sweetener - I opted for a HN 48 month additional warranty policy (add 10%) as Sony equivalent policy was a hefty $750.

New Bravias (thin with wireless) are now on Sony web (EX1 & ZX1) which has bumped the stock price on a KDL46XBR45 down from $6999 to $6399, but the 40" ZX1 with LED technology weighs in at $7399 .. (46" EX1 is CCFL backlight at $6099)

Blue-rays are available for the first 20,000 customers only until mid Apr 09 - but don't worry to much - there's still 18,000 left as of 22 Mar 09 .. these players are extremely high quality packed to the brim with all the True HD abilities that you would expect from Sony.

Hi guys,

I hope i'm not asking too much but is it possible for both of you to send me a copy of your receipts or if anyone has a copy it would be much appreciated. Well done in grabbing such a bargain.

Please send the copy to catalystmee@gmail.com.

Thank you

I just picked up a KDL40W4500 off Grays for $1563 all up delivered (your bid price plus 15% plus delivery- 110 in my case)

True it is "reconditioned" & has 3mth warranty but it arrived good as new (plastic film on surrounds & all that).

Picture quality is excellent (seems a little sharper than my 40" X series 3100).

Just a word of warning, don't get caught up in a bidding frenzy..work out the TOTAL cost BEFORE bidding (Ive seen stuff going for much more than

retail)

Not bad. I just got one for our house KDL46W4500 for $2600 + 3 Year Warranty ($169) + Delivery $55 = $2824.

Now that is called a deal. It was bought from Myer. They have a no-lemon policy on their TV's too.

Hi guys,

I know this was before the price hike that Sony so kindly thought they'd slap on us but it's a good start...any chance you could send the receipts. Sydney Central Myer had it priced at $3300 at the weekend, now I'm sure they can do better than that.

Cheers

Steve

Good deal?

wow, could you please send me a recipt too? thanks

joshtheoutsider@hotmail.com

Got the KDL46W4500 for $3200 (including 4yr ext warranty, HDMI cable and 18mths interest free terms) from JBs. Plus the free blu ray player (via redemption). Very happy with the TV so far.

Anyone interested in buying the blu ray player (BDPS550)? Still unopened in the box - want to get PS3. Looking at $500 :unsure: ?? PM me if interested.

Hi Ricky,

I am interested in the same TV.

Can you please send me a copy of the the receipt to bennyswing@hotmail.com?

thanks, it is very much appreciated.

regards,

benny

Good deal?

Good deal?

Hi rickytmk,

I'm new to this forum... What a brilliant shopper, especially scoring an additional $240 discount with the Gift Card Promo...! Incidentally, i went to the DJ's-Syd store today, (1st April) to see if I could score this amazing deal you've mentioned without possession of a copy of your invoice. I discovered that they are currently advertising this model in their current catalogue for $2974 down from $3499. Forgive my ignorance but as i understand it, you paid $2430 which includes the 1yr Sony warranty plus an extra 3 years DJ no lemon warranty, is this right??? or did you have to pay an additional $220 for the extra '3 years DJ no lemon warranty'???

I was recently offered to buy a second hand (10 months old) 52" model of this XBR series for $3000 which included an original Sony extended 4 year warranty but i wasn't sure if this was a good deal and moreover my corner wall could only accomodate a maximun 40"in TV. Could I kindly trouble you to send me a copy of your purchase invoice so I can get my hands on one of these, thanks... email:ybelias@yahoo.com.au

Also wanted to let everyone know Myer are having a promo begining 2nd April for only a few days (i think till Sunday); a $10 rebate for every $75 spent on electricals which means a substancial discount if you can negotiate a good deal on a tv, good luck, let us know how you go...

Edited by Zerone

Hi, Can I please get a copy of this receipt thanks in advance!

regards,

benny

KDL40XBR45 = $3,999 for $2449. Let me know if anyone needs receipt. No extended warranty from sony centre.

Hey Champ,

Can I please get a copy of the receipt?

thanks in advance,

benny

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the Sony KDL40Z4500 or know what a good price would be at the moment? I've seen $2895 on the web at Big Brown Box but I haven't checked any physical stores yet. I'm thinking about buying while the free blu-ray player offer is still running. Any other good deals to be had?

Thanks

mtchairs

just got a 46 z series today,

just after some opinions on calibration settings if anyone has anything?

i have a ps3 via hdmi

and blu ray player via hdmi

waiting on a wii to arrive that will connected via component.

thanks

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the Sony KDL40Z4500 or know what a good price would be at the moment? I've seen $2895 on the web at Big Brown Box but I haven't checked any physical stores yet. I'm thinking about buying while the free blu-ray player offer is still running. Any other good deals to be had?

Thanks

mtchairs

I paid $2999 for mine.(Price on the ticket was $3495) but I think a few stores have it on special at the moment.

Really impressed with it so far.

Think the blu-ray offers on till Sunday.

As I havent got my blu-ray yet cant comment on it .Really happy I bought the tv though.

i have a ps3 via hdmi

thanks

here is a guide

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10119499-1.html

beware that this is the US version so it has adjustments not needed for our PAL standard.

I went to Bing Lee in the city (Sydney) today and went to Harvey Norman (Liverpool) and asked about the 52" Z series and it seems they have run out. They both claim they are waiting on stock but dont really know when it will be in.

Seems like Sony have not been shipping them.

Anyone heard of this happening still. I though this was only happening at the beginning.

Also what is the best price someone has got for the 52" Z series?

I went to Bing Lee in the city (Sydney) today and went to Harvey Norman (Liverpool) and asked about the 52" Z series and it seems they have run out. They both claim they are waiting on stock but dont really know when it will be in.

Seems like Sony have not been shipping them.

Anyone heard of this happening still. I though this was only happening at the beginning.

Also what is the best price someone has got for the 52" Z series?

I paid $4270 for mine and an extra $330 for the official Sony 5 year extended warranty. Bought it from the Sony store. I am sure you can get it slightly cheaper, but remember if you take delivery before 19 April, you are eligible for a free Blu-Ray player.

I also treated myself to a Logitech Harmony One Universal Remote (RRP $499 - got it for $238 from Harvey Norman). This is one of the single most amazing pieces of equipment I have ever owned. I recommend it to anyone who has multiple remotes in the house. Be advised though, you need to set up your TV as a 40W4500 and not a 52Z4500 for the HDMI inputs to work correctly.

I got quoted $3000.00 for a KDL46W4500 with extended warranty (3 years.) from JB Hifi.

I think I could do better if I had a little more time to shop around, unfortunately the offer from Sony ends in 2 days time... do you guys think I should buy it for that or could I do better? I was hoping to keep it under 3k.

Edited by jacob_dtv

Picking up my 40" Z series tomorrow. $2970 including additional 4 year on site warranty. Tried to buy one last week for under 3k and no one wanted my money. Hopefully Sony still have some Blu-Ray players to give away.

Ta

Matt

Hi new to the forum

just went out and got 3x 40z4500 and 1x 55xbr45

not much of a lcd or plasma guy but are those products good quality? not outdated?

paid $2700 for each 40z4500 and $7700 for 55xbr45

i have a ps3 via hdmi

thanks

Hi,

Are you happy with the picture quality of your 46 Z? I have a 52 Z and the quality on skin tones and faces is quite bad. Lots of colorization and clay faces. The off axis performance is quite poor as well, massive loss of contrast at slight off angle views.

No manner of calibartion has been able to fix it. It can be improved slightly by reducing the backligt to a level 6; however it makes for quite a dull picture.

Regards..

Hi,

Are you happy with the picture quality of your 46 Z? I have a 52 Z and the quality on skin tones and faces is quite bad. Lots of colorization and clay faces. The off axis performance is quite poor as well, massive loss of contrast at slight off angle views.

No manner of calibartion has been able to fix it. It can be improved slightly by reducing the backligt to a level 6; however it makes for quite a dull picture.

Regards..

i havent had time to do a proper calibration of the set yet.

it is just how it comes out of the box.

i chose "home" when asked.

we had 46 x series before this, and i must say the 46 z is a much better picture.

my wife actually said that before i did.

so far i am happy with it, it all comes down to personal choices i believe.

i prefer a more natural look.

once i have a good go at the calibration i will post.

while on the subject of calibration does anyone have the blu ray calibration disc that i could maybe borrow?

Are there any 52 inch Z series on display anywhere in Melbourne? The 46" looks good, I just want to see the 52 in action as well.

Cheers,

Luke

Myer Chadstone, has both the 52 Z and 52 W side by side.

Stand in front of the two (as I have) and wait for a skin tone image then compare them. In my opinion the W renders skin tones a lot better that the Z.

The W looks a little darker but with much better off axis contrast.

The Z ceratinly looks brighter and great contrast dead on, but off axis it is worse than the W.

I need to declare that I own 52 inch Z and I am quite dissapointed.

Choose carefuly!

Regards

Edited by positano99