Sony W4500, Z4500 And Xbr45

I heard the Sony price rise of 7% was coming in 1st Feb. That's what spooked me into buying my 52 W series ($3548 Sony Central, Brisbane). Glad I did - i'm loving it - have my Media Centre PC driving it via a DVI -> HDMI cable - sweet (one remote)...

re prices who knows - i have a feeling there will be a rise across the board in the coming months but I guess todays models will be discounted when new ones come out

the 52 when I first bought it home I thought wow taht's big maybe I could have got away with the size below - but really you get used to it quite quickly - the tennis is amazing - and another advantage is when watching DVD's in letterbox format the bigger screen works well

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends got a 46" XBR 45 for $4900 at HN - seemed a good deal to me.

Anyone seen better

can i know which HN is this? coz normally when i walked into a HN its extremely overpriced oh also...how many year warranty does this price comes with?

thanks in advance

edit: asking length of warranty on the price.

Edited by noobz

XBR45 46" $4898 from Sony Centre Chatswood yesterday. Bought one and am ECSTATIC with it. makes my previous X2000 look primitive

whats da length of warranty that is included in this price?

Hey guys looking at investing in th z4500, does $2800 sound like a decent price to pay?

I should specify it's the 40" model

Ended up buying the 40xbr45 for $2780 with extended warenty.

great buy, exatly want I wanted :)

Edited by WkWk

I just bought a KDL46W4500 for $2799 at David Jones who'll price match anyone, also got it at 3 years interest free on repayments and I bought an extra 4 year warranty

Goodguys started the pricing at $2800 down from $2997 which was their invoice + $1

What have you found with regard to after sales warranty?

JB Hifi have a up to cost of item maximum in labour + parts for repairs and a 'at their discretion' lemon replacement

David Jones has a up to cose of item max for repairs and after 3 faults, at the 4th the unit is replaced, i.e. no 4th repair and at $279 for a $2800 unit

Good Guys said their warranty had no $ cap for repairs and was $429, not sure on the lemon replacement

I just bought a KDL46W4500 for $2799 at David Jones who'll price match anyone, also got it at 3 years interest free on repayments and I bought an extra 4 year warranty

Goodguys started the pricing at $2800 down from $2997 which was their invoice + $1

What have you found with regard to after sales warranty?

JB Hifi have a up to cost of item maximum in labour + parts for repairs and a 'at their discretion' lemon replacement

David Jones has a up to cose of item max for repairs and after 3 faults, at the 4th the unit is replaced, i.e. no 4th repair and at $279 for a $2800 unit

Good Guys said their warranty had no $ cap for repairs and was $429, not sure on the lemon replacement

Not bad. I just got one for our house KDL46W4500 for $2600 + 3 Year Warranty ($169) + Delivery $55 = $2824.

Now that is called a deal. It was bought from Myer. They have a no-lemon policy on their TV's too.

Not bad. I just got one for our house KDL46W4500 for $2600 + 3 Year Warranty ($169) + Delivery $55 = $2824.

Now that is called a deal. It was bought from Myer. They have a no-lemon policy on their TV's too.

Which Myer was this?

Best I could find was $3000 with 4 year warranty delivered from Bing Lee.

I am also asking a similiar question.... do I buy a Sony KDL40V4000 40" OR

Should I spend an extra $500 and get a KDL40W4500 40"

or an extra $700 and get a Sony KDL40XBR 40"

Edited by ozpanda
Still to make my decision and I'm wondering what the Z series offers over the W for the $800 or so extra. Is it worth going down to 40 inch and get the XBR or staying the 46 and going the W or Z?

The Z4500 over the W4500, as far as I can tell, only offers 200hz and extra contrast (80,000 on the Z4500 vs 50,000 on the W4500).

If you watch a lot of sports, the Z4500 might just be worth the extra dollars. However, I don't know how applicable 200hz technology is for LCD technology, which still doesn't boast terrific refresh rates.

Dan.

I heard the Sony price rise of 7% was coming in 1st Feb. That's what spooked me into buying my 52 W series ($3548 Sony Central, Brisbane).

I'm after 52W4500 as well and I think you got the best price. Would appreciate if you could share your invoice for price matching. Thanks

Is $1879 a good price for the KDL40V4000? Includes free PS3.

I think so.

I thought $1498 just for the TV alone was pretty decent so your deal's essentially that plus a PS3 for only an extra $377. Is it the current 80Gb model with DS3?

Nice going!

Edited by ponlesabor
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got my KDL52z4500. Love it! AFL and cricket looks fantastic. Very happy with everything. Got it for $3950 + $50 delivery. Paid by card. I bargained very hard for it. Also pre-ordered it before the price rise. The unit took about 3 weeks to get into stock.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone have any updates on good prices for the 46z4500? Is $3500 excluding extended warranty a good deal?

Thanks

In JB HiFi Hornsby, NSW - I got a quote (early Feb) at that price $3500 including 5yrs warranty and delivery. That was early Feb.

Sony has now posted RRPs for their new models online.

KDL40W4500 = $2,699

KDL46W4500 = $3,399

KDL52W4500 = $4,399

KDL40Z4500 = $3,399

KDL46Z4500 = $4,099

KDL52Z4500 = $5,099

KDL40XBR45 = $3,999

KDL46XBR45 = $6,999

KDL55XBR45 = $9,999

So, has anyone seen these in stores yet? Purchased? What price did you haggle.

I've been waiting for the 46" W4500 and its RRP is a lot lower than what I was expecting (based on the launch prices of previous models)

KDL40XBR45 = $3,999 for $2449. Let me know if anyone needs receipt. No extended warranty from sony centre.

Thanks for your offer. Please email your receipt to rickytmk@gmail.com I thought this is a really good deal!

I heard the Sony price rise of 7% was coming in 1st Feb. That's what spooked me into buying my 52 W series ($3548 Sony Central, Brisbane).

Hi DeboAce61, I'm looking for a Sony 52W4500 as well. Would appreciate if you could share your invoice. Please email to drvycool@gmail.com if you can. Thanks.

I just bought brand new Sony 40XBR45 LCD at david jones Sydney with a FREE Blu-ray BDP-S550 (take home rigth away!). I paid only $2430 (RRP $3499)with 1 yr warranty)with total of 4 year warranty. (1 yr Sony and 3 years DJ no lemon warranty)

They price matched $2449 sony centre and $220 for extra DJ warranty also giveaway a free blu-ray (no need to wait weeks!! just get it from them!!) and most importantly I noticed that there is a DJ gift card promotion every $200 you got $20 gift card. so Ibought $2400 gift card and got $240 free (=10% off)

Good deal?

I just bought brand new Sony 40XBR45 LCD at david jones Sydney with a FREE Blu-ray BDP-S550 (take home rigth away!). I paid only $2430 (RRP $3499)with 1 yr warranty)with total of 4 year warranty. (1 yr Sony and 3 years DJ no lemon warranty)

They price matched $2449 sony centre and $220 for extra DJ warranty also giveaway a free blu-ray (no need to wait weeks!! just get it from them!!) and most importantly I noticed that there is a DJ gift card promotion every $200 you got $20 gift card. so Ibought $2400 gift card and got $240 free (=10% off)

Good deal?

That’s a great deal on the TV and an added bonus with the DJ gift cards.

I'm also looking into purchasing the Sony 40XBR45 LCD and wondering if you can forward/email your receipt so I can do a price match at my local DJ store.

My email address

mzr_91@hotmail.com

cheers,

Edited by LsD Inc.

I got quoted $3200 yesterday for a 46" sony Z series (200hz range) by Goodguys casula.

Can anyone do better?

Also - They were selling the 40" z series for $2599.. but i do recall one of their staff saying it was a wkend sale or one day sale or something.?

Good deal?

Great deal. Could you send me your receipt via PM? or email to dtv[AT]vbap.com.au

Edited by vbap

Just purchased a 46z4500 for $3450 from HN Indro including 5 year extended warranty and delivery. Thanks to everyone for helping me get this price. Purchased a Tivo and wireless adaptor at the same time. Not sure if this helped get the price I got. The TV itself is ticketed at $3499 at the moment.