• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just gave the stores a call today.

They said that the 52" Z series would not be in until 29th December :angry:

Its getting later and later :excl:

I thought before Xmas would mean Xmas 2008....fool me. <_<<_<

Edited by Cats

Quoted 46W4500 for $2,999 at Sony Central Sydney. Ticketed price was $3,399.

I threw off a figure of $2,500, but they would not budge past that price. Still way too expensive for a 46 incher, so I walked out.

What financial crisis? Looks like retailers are still holding firm. I'll see what happens in Feb.

I thought the 23rd would mean the 23rd not the 29th :lol:

Hi Grunta,

Like you I have been waiting for a Z524500 for 6 weeks. Same story, every day it moves out and now I doubt I will see the unit until 8 Jan.

This is not the dealers fault but SONY Australia. They did this two or three years ago with the XBR. Not very fair to delers and customers.

40" XBR45 $2800 from HN Moore Park ignore the price ticket.

Unfortunately the 40" XBR45 has no LED backlight and no MotionFlow Pro.

I threw off a figure of $2,500, but they would not budge past that price. Still way too expensive for a 46 incher, so I walked out.

What financial crisis? Looks like retailers are still holding firm. I'll see what happens in Feb.

I hoped the prices will come down but that's not the case.

Edited by ageha
Hi Grunta,

Like you I have been waiting for a Z524500 for 6 weeks. Same story, every day it moves out and now I doubt I will see the unit until 8 Jan.

This is not the dealers fault but SONY Australia. They did this two or three years ago with the XBR. Not very fair to delers and customers.

I know it's not the dealers fault it's bloody Sony. Why tell people a date and then change it all the time?

I wonder what the delay is? The 40" and 46" arrived with no delays, why would the 52" be different?

Its a better set than the old X and xbr that people were generally paying well over $3000 for in 46 inch!

This set doesnt have all the quirks of the old x seriers like smears blur and artifacts ... you could use it for 10 years with all the features off and love it. Its a bargain IMO.

I reckon $3k is too much for 46" as well, especially when you consider that a Panasonic 46PZ800 is going for $2k.

I would like the 46W4500 for around $2600 with a free Sony blu-ray player.

I reckon $3k is too much for 46" as well, especially when you consider that a Panasonic 46PZ800 is going for $2k.

Me too! :) Maybe after boxing day? ;)

40" XBR45 $2800 from HN Moore Park ignore the price ticket.

On Sunday 21/12/08, brother bought this for $2,635. Pick up, no delivery - same place Harvey Norman Moore Park.

Long time reader, first time poster.

I am interested in the 46" Z4500. Best price I've been able to source is $3400 from JB Hi-Fi Parramatta with 5 years warranty.

Any places doing a better deal than that?

Edited by jtir
On Sunday 21/12/08, brother bought this for $2,635. Pick up, no delivery - same place Harvey Norman Moore Park.

Long time reader, first time poster.

I am interested in the 46" Z4500. Best price I've been able to source is $3400 from JB Hi-Fi Parramatta with 5 years warranty.

Any places doing a better deal than that?

PM me if you want a better deal and want it before Xmas.

Edited by mick815

PM me if you want a better deal and want it before Xmas.

Mick815,

I am interested in purchasing the Sony Bravia 46 Z4500 before Christmas. Please PM your "better deal" as soon as possible.

Thanking you in advance.

jkfnt

Mick815,

I am interested in purchasing the Sony Bravia 46 Z4500 before Christmas. Please PM your "better deal" as soon as possible.

Thanking you in advance.

jkfnt

***Have Sold Out of Z series***

Edited by mick815
They have all three Z4500 and XBR45 at David Jones in Sydney CBD.

Hi I can assure you they do not have the 52 inch KDL52Z4500 in stock yet. No one in Sydney has stock.

THANKS SONY FOR NOT GIVING CONSUMERS THE TRUTH ABOUT ARRIVAL DATES.

:angry::(:angry::angry:

Hi I can assure you they do not have the 52 inch KDL52Z4500 in stock yet. No one in Sydney has stock.

THANKS SONY FOR NOT GIVING CONSUMERS THE TRUTH ABOUT ARRIVAL DATES.

:angry::(:angry::angry:

So they got only one display model?

Guys,

I can get a 40" W4500 for $2099 (here in Adelaide)... as far as I can tell thats a significant discount... but the price ends 24th Dec.

is it worth getting now, or should the price be even better in the post-christmas sales?

Edited by andrew81
Guys,

I can get a 40" W4500 for $2099 (here in Adelaide)... but the price ends 24th Dec.

is it worth getting now, or should the price be even better in the post-christmas sales?

Something I like to know as well. How was it the years before?

I would like it for even less than you ;) , probably around $2,500 but without the blu-ray player. Yesterday I was quoted $2,900 at Bing Lee Rockdale.

I walked out to NAPF a few metres down the street, and was quoted $2,750. But they don't have any stock until the first week of Jan.

So within a day I have managed to save $250. Despite there was only me in the store, Sony Central seemed not too interested in sales in this troubled times. Oh well, it's their loss.

I'm going to try my luck at Myer and see if they have really changed to become competitive.

As you quoted

[They have all three Z4500 and XBR45 at David Jones in Sydney CBD.]

Yeah, I think they have all three sizes.

They have them all, now it is "I Think" ??

Called yesterday and they still in the dark as to delivery from Sony

Edited by PeterL
I'm going to try my luck at Myer and see if they have really changed to become competitive.

Let us know how you go with Myer. They actually seemed to be wanting to deal when I went in there asking about a Pana 46PZ800 ($2450 incl 5 yrs) and a Pana dmr-xw300 pvr ($750). It was just too easy. I got the impression that I could push them a little harder for a cash sale.

Have bought $3k of gift vouchers (plus $300 bonuses) in readiness. I'm still leaning towards an LCD though, the 46w4500 in particular, and a free blu-ray player would seal the deal. :D

As you quoted

[They have all three Z4500 and XBR45 at David Jones in Sydney CBD.]

They have them all, now it is "I Think" ??

Called yesterday and they still in the dark as to delivery from Sony

David Jones told you they don't have the 52" Z4500 on display? I will be there today or tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I saw it there last week. Anyway if they told you they don't have it they must be right. Sorry for that!

Let us know how you go with Myer. They actually seemed to be wanting to deal when I went in there asking about a Pana 46PZ800 ($2450 incl 5 yrs) and a Pana dmr-xw300 pvr ($750). It was just too easy. I got the impression that I could push them a little harder for a cash sale.

Have bought $3k of gift vouchers (plus $300 bonuses) in readiness. I'm still leaning towards an LCD though, the 46w4500 in particular, and a free blu-ray player would seal the deal. :D

Yeah, there must be still a lot of room. $2450 incl 5 yrs is too much. They offered me the 46" for $2000 yesterday without much talking.

David Jones told you they don't have the 52" Z4500 on display? I will be there today or tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I saw it there last week. Anyway if they told you they don't have it they must be right. Sorry for that!

Just came back from David Jones Sydney City.

They've got the 40" and 46" Z4500s alright but no 52".

I didn't catch the prices but there was a Sony rep there and he said they do have them and delivery is 5 working days. Didn't ask about the 52" though - sorry.

Edited by ponlesabor

Hot off the press. The KDL524500 has landed (On Monday) and distribution is now taking place from Sydney.

Major dealers like Sony Central, JB, HN will most probably get some stock tomorrow and then next week followed by most 1st week Jan.

Grunta, you may have a 52" for New Year.

Hot off the press. The KDL524500 has landed (On Monday) and distribution is now taking place from Sydney.

Major dealers like Sony Central, JB, HN will most probably get some stock tomorrow and then next week followed by most 1st week Jan.

I can confirm this aswel, was told i could pick up my 52z tomorrow from the Bing Lee's main factory but opted to wait till Monday and pick it up from local store.

Picked up mine for $4765 38months interest free. Paid a little extra but considering the I/F period not too bad of a deal.

Thanks for the good news.

I ordered mine from Radio Rentals here in Adelaide.

The salesman told me they would be the first ones in Adelaide to get them in (of course) ;)

I will give them a call and see when it is going to be in.

Edited by Grunta
Where did you get yours from?

How does it look

Still waiting for mine :(

Bing Lee Hurstville.

Looks REALLY nice!! i gotta say 200Hz makes massive difference i didnt really notice it in store compared to W series, but here at home everything is just soo smooth!!

Lovin the look of this tv so far but wanna try some more settings and stuff.