Sony W4500, Z4500 And Xbr45

Anyone have any updates on good prices for the 46z4500? Is $3500 excluding extended warranty a good deal?

Thanks

In JB HiFi Hornsby, NSW - I got a quote (early Feb) at that price $3500 including 5yrs warranty and delivery. That was early Feb.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HDTV Reviews
Sony has now posted RRPs for their new models online.

KDL40W4500 = $2,699

KDL46W4500 = $3,399

KDL52W4500 = $4,399

KDL40Z4500 = $3,399

KDL46Z4500 = $4,099

KDL52Z4500 = $5,099

KDL40XBR45 = $3,999

KDL46XBR45 = $6,999

KDL55XBR45 = $9,999

So, has anyone seen these in stores yet? Purchased? What price did you haggle.

I've been waiting for the 46" W4500 and its RRP is a lot lower than what I was expecting (based on the launch prices of previous models)

I heard the Sony price rise of 7% was coming in 1st Feb. That's what spooked me into buying my 52 W series ($3548 Sony Central, Brisbane).

Hi DeboAce61, I'm looking for a Sony 52W4500 as well. Would appreciate if you could share your invoice. Please email to drvycool@gmail.com if you can. Thanks.

I just bought brand new Sony 40XBR45 LCD at david jones Sydney with a FREE Blu-ray BDP-S550 (take home rigth away!). I paid only $2430 (RRP $3499)with 1 yr warranty)with total of 4 year warranty. (1 yr Sony and 3 years DJ no lemon warranty)

They price matched $2449 sony centre and $220 for extra DJ warranty also giveaway a free blu-ray (no need to wait weeks!! just get it from them!!) and most importantly I noticed that there is a DJ gift card promotion every $200 you got $20 gift card. so Ibought $2400 gift card and got $240 free (=10% off)

Good deal?

I just bought brand new Sony 40XBR45 LCD at david jones Sydney with a FREE Blu-ray BDP-S550 (take home rigth away!). I paid only $2430 (RRP $3499)with 1 yr warranty)with total of 4 year warranty. (1 yr Sony and 3 years DJ no lemon warranty)

They price matched $2449 sony centre and $220 for extra DJ warranty also giveaway a free blu-ray (no need to wait weeks!! just get it from them!!) and most importantly I noticed that there is a DJ gift card promotion every $200 you got $20 gift card. so Ibought $2400 gift card and got $240 free (=10% off)

Good deal?

That’s a great deal on the TV and an added bonus with the DJ gift cards.

I'm also looking into purchasing the Sony 40XBR45 LCD and wondering if you can forward/email your receipt so I can do a price match at my local DJ store.

My email address

mzr_91@hotmail.com

cheers,

Edited by LsD Inc.

I got quoted $3200 yesterday for a 46" sony Z series (200hz range) by Goodguys casula.

Can anyone do better?

Also - They were selling the 40" z series for $2599.. but i do recall one of their staff saying it was a wkend sale or one day sale or something.?

Good deal?

Great deal. Could you send me your receipt via PM? or email to dtv[AT]vbap.com.au

Edited by vbap

Just purchased a 46z4500 for $3450 from HN Indro including 5 year extended warranty and delivery. Thanks to everyone for helping me get this price. Purchased a Tivo and wireless adaptor at the same time. Not sure if this helped get the price I got. The TV itself is ticketed at $3499 at the moment.

Good deal?

Could you send me the recipt too please

rona7do@live.com.au

Just purchased a 46z4500 for $3450 from HN Indro including 5 year extended warranty and delivery. Thanks to everyone for helping me get this price. Purchased a Tivo and wireless adaptor at the same time. Not sure if this helped get the price I got. The TV itself is ticketed at $3499 at the moment.

Mate, can you send me a copy of your receipt if possible.

davey_crocket@hotmail.com

Have been waiting for years to finally buy a new tv. Was looking at the W Series and decided on getting the 46" over the 40". Ended up getting it at Jb Hifi for $2800 with extended warranty. Thought that was pretty good considering a mate told me their cost is $2900

Guest reimondo
Anybody with the 52W4500 care to comment on your experience so far? I'm very keen on this one in the next few weeks to get the free bluray. Also, if anybody has an invoice they could share?

I'm also planning to get a 52W4500 and would appreciate it if anyone has an invoice they could share (I'm in Perth btw).

Thanks!

I know there is a Retravision store in Chapel Street Prahran that i bought a couple of TV's off the other day. the guy in there, Robert, thinks hes the manager said they were under alot of pressure to liquidate some stock, and as a result i got an awesome deal. I went to JB down the road and they just laughed at the price.

Definitely reccommend him, he was so keen to get my business, even did free delivery and the price was like $200 less than JB. How do they do it?????

Just there fro anyone who wants a good deal. As i said, price was good and the service was pretty cool to.

re 52W4500 - a couple of recent posts asking for views on this model - bought mine Jan 09 and no regrets - went for LCD as theoretically less power draw and less reflective - i will have to say we are stoked with the quality and colour - watching Home and Away (my wife and daughter watch it OK) it is Hi Def and has a lot of 'skin' - well the colour and skin tones are very good (sensational really) - also the Broncs/Cowboys game last Friday was great regarding sport action.

not sure if i could compare well to other brands / models but a good independent review can be found here http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sony-kdl40w...20081116135.htm - also has many comments asking for calibration settings - I set my picture settings using Microsft Vista Media Centre (VMC) - VMC has this wizard that shows a video and lets you step through contrast, whites, colour, size and you adjust the picture - I used this and had my picture at a point which was as good as I could expect

someone posted here they picked up a 52Z for $4K - sounds like a great deal - not sure how much better the Z can be though - higher contrast so should be better - $4K is a great price if you can streeeetch it...

Good deal?

hey mate, thats a great deal. im looking at getting this exact one. would you mind forwarding the receipt to me. my email is onecruelcycle@yahoo.com

thanks in advance. :)

Hey folks, I'm just wondering if any Bravia Z owners can help me here. I've got my 46"Z and whenever I switching channels and HDMI inputs the screen flashes with white lines on the bottom half of the screen for a split second, then everything stays normal. Is this a HDMI sync issue or something else? I have the problem in a separate thread http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=76668

Any thoughts?