Sony W4500, Z4500 And Xbr45

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Jones in Burwood

Price $4400 for 52"Z. Special till end of the week.

Happy New Year to all and thanks for everyone's comments and insight which helped me decide on 52"Z.

Picked it up for $4200 at Bing Lee Bankstown NSW and stock arrived same day I ordered (28/12). Had to haggle just a bit.

It is awesome!!

Also took out the 5 year extended warranty for $180.

Will a 52" Z Series (in its box), fit into the back of a hatchback car (e.g. Toyota Corolla), or did you have it delivered by the store?

Probably not even close, Box dimensions of a Bravia 52W4500 series is 137 mm long X 1000 mm high X 401 mm thick and weight is 48 kg.

I would assume the 52Z would be similar.

Happy New Year to all and thanks for everyone's comments and insight which helped me decide on 52"Z.

Picked it up for $4200 at Bing Lee Bankstown NSW and stock arrived same day I ordered (28/12). Had to haggle just a bit.

It is awesome!!

Also took out the 5 year extended warranty for $180.

Will it be possible to scan and post a copy of your receipt (or email it to me)?

Guest Tivi1503560176
PM me if you want a better deal and want it before Xmas.

Hello Mick815,

I read your posting in DTV and I wonder if you could help me please. I hope I am not that late.

I am interested in purchasing the Sony Bravia 40" KDL40Z4500. So far I have got a price of $2700 without any other add-ins. Please PM your "better deal" as soon as possible.

Thanking you in advance.

tivi

the020@csiro.au

Hello Mick815,

I read your posting in DTV and I wonder if you could help me please. I hope I am not that late.

I am interested in purchasing the Sony Bravia 40" KDL40Z4500. So far I have got a price of $2700 without any other add-ins. Please PM your "better deal" as soon as possible.

Thanking you in advance.

tivi

the020@csiro.au

I think you might be by about 2 weeks. He posted a few hours later saying he had sod out of his deal.

They also have a 40" Z4500 at JB Hifi Doncaster and JB Hifi Preston
Thanks people for helping me home in on a Sony W 52” ( KDL-52W4500 ). Managed to buy at $3548. First price HN at $3800. I used the Union Shopper and gave them my initial best price of $3600. Union Shopper came back with $3548 but the shop they got that price off did not have stock til February. Rang Videopro – could not match. Rang SonyCentral Brisbane would match the price and had stock. I chose to buy off them as I got the extended warranty ($329) as it is I believe a Sony warranty. Sounded like Videopro and SonyCentral are affiliated and both said they’re really wasn’t anything left in that price when I tried for more.

I spent more than intended as reality I would have been fine with a Panasonic 50” (PZ80,800,850) – I got great prices on these too PZ80 down to $2200, PZ800 at $2500. What swayed me away was the heat these things put out and as I live in Brisbane I wished to avoid that (maybe no biggie to some) plus heat must equate to more power use.

Also I wanted to buy now as I was concerned re price rise. I know there are many theories on this. There is every chance LCD prices will drop and AUD is getting stronger again. But who knows... New models will still be Full HD so panel resolution is at it’s max for now. They may improve backlight, Hz and features (i.e. connections, menus) but the quality is here now I believe for full HD panels – which was my justification for buying now instead of waiting...

Anyway the Sony is home and sitting pretty. Can you believe I got it home in the back of a Holden wagon. It is a huge box... Anywahows thought I would share back as DTVForum and you guys have been a huge help.

Edited by DeboAce61

I too, could not wait anymore and with availability ata premium, I took the plunge and bought the 52Z4500. Best price I could get out of SonyCentre was $4299, and I topped up with the extended warranty at $329. Also got them to thrown in a leather carrying case for my T700 digital camera for $20.

By the way, the only site with PDF manuals for Z series at the moment is SONY Europe. You can download it from here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/tv/lcd/lcd.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=KDL-52Z4500

Why would I pay HN for a warranty extension when Sony offers 5 years at less $$$'s? Anyone know advantages and disadvantages?

I didn't buy from HN or Sony, I bought my Sony from Retravision, had a choice of Sony Warranty or Retravision one, chose the later at $50 more but the particular warranty has a "No lemon" clause, means after the first 12 mth 3 x fixes and they replace the unit, Sony just keep fixing it.

I hope in a way that I never have a claim ever but crap happens "They" say <_<

Edited by bille

I didn't buy from HN or Sony, I bought my Sony from Retravision, had a choice of Sony Warranty or Retravision one, chose the later at $50 more but the particular warranty has a "No lemon" clause, means after the first 12 mth 3 x fixes and they replace the unit, Sony just keep fixing it.

I hope in a way that I never have a claim ever but crap happens "They" say <_<

You should think that's pretty much standard in 2008. That's a customer statutory right in Germany and they have to give you your money back after the 3nd try. You really need an insurance for that in AUstralia?

AS above but any sightings of the 52"Z in Adelaide???????

I have been told they are still 2 weeks away.

I have had mine on order for 4 weeks :angry:

stock has come and gone for the first people waiting , the store you ordered from must have not ordered enough the first time and have been put in the back of the cue for the second shipment

Edited by ugoagogo