Sony W4500, Z4500 And Xbr45

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my friend, Sony TVs are much lower profit than brands like Panasonic and Samsung, so 15% that Myer is offering will be more than competitive if you cant be arsed bargaining.

You're not going to get the 25% off you would usually get by buying a PZ or a Series 6.

46W4500 comes down to 2889.15

Which JB? Cash or credit card?

Get a PVR then you can ignore the EPG problem

I beleive that is an add on available later, if you have PS3 then that does it doesn't it?

I was watching a W4500 playing blue ray The Dark Night and the 100hz thing was bugging me sensless on action sense making all action look fake (as all 100hz does) and making it look to "Video" like instead of film. How is the Z?

I know it was just a store set up so probably not getting the best. But film should look like film and people should move as people do not with this HYPER movement that 100hz creates.

How does it handle SD television and DVDs?

Purchased from JB Hi-Fi Joondalup, and on credit card. Salesperson had no idea how I was paying when making the sale.

I have an Xbox 360 which handles most of it, still nutting out some issues with twonkyvision to playback all videos via the Xbox off my Windows 2008 Server.

The Z doesn't seem to have any problems with DVD playback, everything looks good and normal so far. Still have to play back some really fast action content. Playback is on a Pioneer DVD-310S via composite, no changes to the standard configurations.

As for SD TV, it's acceptable, but you can really notice the lack of quality in a 576p transmission as commented by my housemate who was watching the boxing day test. It's caused me to use the HD channels wherever possible, and even then SBS's reported 720p transmission doesn't look that much better.

Also, has anyone noticed issues with the EPG data for selected channels with this model? I have found with all ABC, Nine and SBS channels the data will frequently vanish. It takes an attempt to access program data to bring it back.

I finally picked up a 46Z4500 for $3440 including 4 years extended warranty at HN Alexandria.

Took a bit of running around, but I'm pretty happy with this deal. I originally wanted the 46W, but a lot of stores don't have them in stock.

PQ is excellent however I notice quite a bit of backlight bleeding. It doesn't bother me as long as it's not on normal play.

PQ is excellent however I notice quite a bit of backlight bleeding. It doesn't bother me as long as it's not on normal play.

That's weird, the z4500 series is supposed to have even less back light bleeding than the w4500 series.

See the paragraph titled "Notes On 200Hz LCD Panel" at http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sony-kdl40z...20081124136.htm

Hot off the press. The KDL524500 has landed (On Monday) and distribution is now taking place from Sydney.

Anyone wanting a KDL52Z4500, Bing Lee has a bunch in their Sydney wherehouse ready for delivery tomorrow.

Apparrently they've sold over 30 units since they were added to the inventory system & not one store has a demo unit on display.

I'm gonna be a mess until mine shows up tomorrow. :blink:

Guest kenny78
Just picked up a KDL40W4500 for $2150 from Good Guys Maribyrnong, VIC. Standard warranty. Heard another guy haggling claiming that HN had offered them $2100 bundled with other stuff they were buying.

first off, a big hello and happy new year to everyone from a new comer.

I recently purchased a KDL40x3100 from the goodguys in alexandria, Sydney for $1699 (super special deal as they advertised). It turned out to be faulty TV and they didnt have any of them left in stock for a replacement so I had to settle for a KDL40W4500 for $2144 + 2 years extended warranty at $199. Hope this is a good TV.

Got my KDL52Z4500 on Christmas Eve, Spent xmas setting up and connecting my old 5.1 sound system.

Very happy, even love the illuminated SONY logo that can be turned off if need be

Uh...supposedly they are not available in Australia!