Sony W4500, Z4500 And Xbr45

Sony has now posted RRPs for their new models online.

KDL40W4500 = $2,699

KDL46W4500 = $3,399

KDL52W4500 = $4,399

KDL40Z4500 = $3,399

KDL46Z4500 = $4,099

KDL52Z4500 = $5,099

KDL40XBR45 = $3,999

KDL46XBR45 = $6,999

KDL55XBR45 = $9,999

So, has anyone seen these in stores yet? Purchased? What price did you haggle.

I've been waiting for the 46" W4500 and its RRP is a lot lower than what I was expecting (based on the launch prices of previous models)

Edited by LastMile

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gday Lastmile.

I have been verbally quoted 52Z4500 for $4400 and 52W4500 for $3900 and that wasn't even trying much.

I am very interested in the Z4500 but only at the right price and for me that is in the low 4's with a warranty considereing that a Samsung 52 A650 can be had in the low 3's with similar specs.

I think that with the global downturn, lowering consumer interest in discretionary items and the lower Aussie dollar, SOny are going to be up against it here in Oz, to shift a large volume of these TV's especially at the typical "It's a Sony" price approach. They might even have to wind back some production volumes or be forced to drastically reduce prices to keep those factories producing at the same levels...

Sony's competition seem to be getting, if not have gained the edge over Mr S... in the $ per useful technology stakes

Edited by RyanP

My verbal came from Sony Central as well

It won't be long and there will be a Sony GB on these new TV models and the salespeople won't miss an opportunity to sell a good 60 to 70 TV's in one deal...

The prices will come down, unless the Aussie dollar keeps dropping like it has been :-(

But this is good for exports :-)

The real exchange rate to watch is the Yen to AUD I suppose

Edited by RyanP

Gday,

the www.webprice.com.au has the 52z4500 listed at ~$4275

They have a range of W4500 and Z4500 listed on there

no idea who webprice is though

Their address sugests they are Tasman AV or the Web sales arm of this company. Part of the NARTA buying group

Looks like a good price

Gday,

the www.webprice.com.au has the 52z4500 listed at ~$4275

They have a range of W4500 and Z4500 listed on there

no idea who webprice is though

thanks guys .the site has great prices,z4500 40 in for 2800, i hope when the w4500 comes out i will be able to score it for 2100-2200. the samsung a 650 which is comparable to this model is listed as 2170. anybody seen the new tv s yet .wonder why sony would release the thing so close to the holiday season.do u think we would be able to get any big discounts on them so soon.

No luck in tracking down a W4500 yet. Even Sony Central in Sydney aren't expecting them until the end of the month.

I did spot a 46" XBR45 in David Jones, Woden, but with sticker price of $6,999 it's just pure fantasy.

I hope some of these quoted prices for Z4500 are serious. Big savings on the Z series suggest similar savings on the W2 series.

Webprice.com.au have recently updated their W Series page with prices for the 40" and 46" W4500s.

http://www.webprice.com.au/page/shop/brows...y_braviawseries

KDL40W4500 = $2449

KDL46W4500 = $3050

I've just given them a call and the TVs are not actually in stock yet, they're just taking pre-orders. Sony have advised them mid-to-late November.

They also confirmed that shipping to Canberra would be overnight.

Edited by LastMile

On a whim I stopped by Myer Belconnen on the way home after work as was shocked to find that they had two 46" W4500s in stock.

Told the sales person (Stewart) if he could beat Webprice.com.au plus shipping ($3119) I'd take one on the spot.

Walked out the door 5 minutes later with a new TV for $3100.

Now I need to do some major re-arranging of the entertainment unit. This TV is replacing a 10 yr old 60cm Panasonic CRT.

Has anyone seen a 52 " Z series yet?

JB have said they will beat a price I was quoted from another retailer that was $4599.00.

I recon the "Go" price on this panel will be about $4499.00 in many shops. (Not the web site dealers without shop fronts)

I am not comfortable purchasing such a large ticket item where there is not physical address you can go to when things go pear shaped

Has anyone seen a 52 " Z series yet?

JB have said they will beat a price I was quoted from another retailer that was $4599.00.

I recon the "Go" price on this panel will be about $4499.00 in many shops. (Not the web site dealers without shop fronts)

I am not comfortable purchasing such a large ticket item where there is not physical address you can go to when things go pear shaped

I saw the KDL55XBR45 at HN Auburn over the weekend. Also saw the Samsung 55" A950. Forgot the name of the animation they were both showing but I think it was from Dreamworks.

Admittedly, I couldn't really tell the two apart in terms of picture qty.