Need Opinions On Little Big Planet !

I bought it thurs and am battleing between playing this and GOW 2 on the 360. If you like old school 2d paltform game su will love it. So far im enjoying it althoug GOW 2 is using more of my time as i just want to finish it. Godo thing with LBP is even when u finsh it u can play other peoples levels and theres 1000's of them ranging from crap to almost as good as the actual game. there are some really skilled people out there.

If ur not sure buy it at EB and take it back within 7 days for a swap o something. thats what i was going to do, but i think ill end up keeping LBP. Its just so cute !

Its a great 2D platformer, filled with charm and character. The 'jump' mechanic is not as consistant as i would like it to be (and really becomes an issue in latter levels), which leads to moments of frustration and death.

Online is where it excells. There are thousands of user created levels for you to access and really highlights how creative/clever some people are. However, the down side to this is that there are a lot of poor levels out there.

One of the excellent ones (IMO) that i have come across is one called 'world of colour'. I lke the fact that you can search for other worlds by the same author (so that when you find a gem you can see if they have any more levels). This author also has a level called 'garden' which is equally good.

Online co-op is a blast (provided you get a lag free session). Just watching other players antics in the 'pod' while you wait for a level to load can be quite amusing.

I haven't delved into the level creator yet.

Overall, i am really enjoying it, but sometimes the 'jump' shits me to tears..

Edited by Raja

We played several hours of 4-player LBP last night and it was an absolute blast. Complete chaos as the 4 sack-persons attempt to complete levels. Most of the levels seem to have extra sections which can only be completed by 2+ players.

While you could describe LBP as "a platformer" and leave it at that, I think the real star quality is the art style, the attention to detail, and the character of the Sackboy/girl characters. For example, using the controller tilt+buttons, you can move both arms independently, move your head up/down/around, wiggle your hips, change your facial expression - as far as I can tell, none of that has any bearing on the platformer gameplay.

With the arm controls you can take a swing and deck other Sack-people, so we'd often degenerate into fisticuff brawls at key points. :D

As well as many many character styling options (the usual array of eyes, cloth/skin, clothing, hair, hats) you can use the creation tools and stick stickers and objects on your, or other, characters. I spent a few levels running around with a massive donkey tail stuck in my eye thanks to my brother, until I found the "clean" option. My wife stuck a whole bunch of peacock feathers on her head, and saved that as one of her Costumes.

Very polished, very fun game. If you don't mind Cute, like a game with some art style, and don't mind many many humorous deaths, get it!

We played several hours of 4-player LBP last night and it was an absolute blast. Complete chaos as the 4 sack-persons attempt to complete levels. Most of the levels seem to have extra sections which can only be completed by 2+ players.

While you could describe LBP as "a platformer" and leave it at that, I think the real star quality is the art style, the attention to detail, and the character of the Sackboy/girl characters. For example, using the controller tilt+buttons, you can move both arms independently, move your head up/down/around, wiggle your hips, change your facial expression - as far as I can tell, none of that has any bearing on the platformer gameplay.

With the arm controls you can take a swing and deck other Sack-people, so we'd often degenerate into fisticuff brawls at key points. :D

As well as many many character styling options (the usual array of eyes, cloth/skin, clothing, hair, hats) you can use the creation tools and stick stickers and objects on your, or other, characters. I spent a few levels running around with a massive donkey tail stuck in my eye thanks to my brother, until I found the "clean" option. My wife stuck a whole bunch of peacock feathers on her head, and saved that as one of her Costumes.

Very polished, very fun game. If you don't mind Cute, like a game with some art style, and don't mind many many humorous deaths, get it!

Cute doesnt describe the game - absolutely adorable is the best way to describe it. There is personality all over the place - and the theme song "My Patch" is very catchy. Catchy enough for me to want to buy it and get it on my Ipod!

Be warned though - it can get very frustrating. I have NEVER sworn this much playing any game, let alone a G-rated game - and for the right reasons not the wrong ones. This game will immerse you for hours and reward you with a smile (and a swag of trophies) - and Sackboy's frequent show-boating (pass a hard bit in the game and he will pose to the screen and do a peace sign with both hands!) make this a must have.

If you wanna set on my patch....

PS - I recommend the 7 Trophies in 30 Seconds level and the Silent Hill level, as long as that one hasnt been taken down. The level is good and there are some cool winable items as well.

I had a good 3 player session yesterday afternoon (one system, three controllers) - so much fun once everyone works out that it's not a good idea to just go running off, leaving the other players behind.

Single player is good, but no where near as good as multiplayer. Actually, I think it's the most fun I've had playing a multiplayer game in some time.

Edited by BFOT

I'm loving playing this. I've only played for a few hours so far but it's had me laughing on a few occasions. I haven't had a chance to play with other people yet or check out the levels people have made themselves, but if the first few levels are anything to go by I think I'll be spending a lot of time playing this.

This game has been so good that it has seriously sidetracked my exam preparation for uni finals. Everything from the art direction to the level design, gameplay and soundtrack is near perfect. Furthermore the game is very accessible to all players with a very short learning curve making offline and online multiplayer an absolute blast, mind you you'll probably spend more time messing around then probably playing :P. If their is a game out there worth buying a system for this is it, add to that the creative component and the dlc both user and developer and you have a tremendously deep title. BTW Im not exaggerating when I say this but LBP game has the longevity boosted by the community aspect which could possible make this game a stalwart in your PS3 until LBP2 comes out :D

Edited by merseysider

+1 on the praise above. When first playing the game single-player, i was amused, but thought maybe it was slightly overrated. Then two mates came over, plugged straight in (don't even have to start a new game! just turn the controllers on, and allocate it to a ps3 user (another very nice touch)) and off we went... after about 20 minutes cracking up while personalising our characters and many sackboy slaps in the face later, we started the game.. finished about 5 hours later when i had to go to bed. :)

Maybe I am dumb...I can't even pass the first level...........where it said only stickered card character may pass..........what I need to do to get pass? Thanks for help!!!

if you still havent figured it out, you have to place a shirt and two shoe stickers on the cardboard guy befor the bridge pass thing

he'll walk over and lower the bridge

if you still havent figured it out, you have to place a shirt and two shoe stickers on the cardboard guy befor the bridge pass thing

he'll walk over and lower the bridge

Thanks mate ! So where can I access the online menu? Do I need to complete certain levels before I can get access to online menu and play other people's level?

Thanks mate ! So where can I access the online menu? Do I need to complete certain levels before I can get access to online menu and play other people's level?

When you have My World on the screen, you see a few options "story" "quick play" and a third option down the bottom - the name of which I cannot remember! That gets you access to the online world and the levels that are available.

Also check your friends lists (go to the first world, go to My Friends and see who is online playing LBP) and see what they are playing. You can join them or invite them into your pod.