Guitar Hero World Tour

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just piecked mine up from EB and they matched Big W's price of $258 no probs at all, not even a phone call to them to confirm (maybe he just already knew of Big W's price?). Anyway, no drama's, I now have a PS3 Super Bubdle at work, another 5.5hrs and I'll be able to play it!!! :D

just got back from picking mine up, big bloody box!

about to unpack now, let the fun begin :)

Give us an update mate, hows it going?!!

just done a run around Indooroopilly in Brisbane.

I mentioned the $258 at Big W ( I didn't know it was a preorder price)

JB weren't interested in other prices - "that's our price ($288 PS3)" , not much stock, yada, yada, take it or leave it"

EB "that must be for the PS2 version - we'll match $288"

Other new games place (don't know name) "hate chain stores - below our cost - $299"

HN seems to be the bloke in the know - when I said $258, he said he thought it was $278 and they'd match that - done.

so between Big W and Dick Smith and HN matching it would seem $278 should be tops for the PS3 version.

considering how much money I've spent at JB (gasp :) ) I was surprised at their attitude - next time I spend thousands it will likely be somewhere else!

Just a heads up guys the BigW price of $258 was originally only pre-orders but apparently it is now the actual pricing due to wanting to beat the Kmart pricing of $269.

Apparently it will ring up as $258 at BigW even though their catalogue starting tomorrow states $278.

My wife grabbed one for 360 for me this morning, no pre-order, $258 price.

God I love watching people panic all the time with pre-orders on the lead up to releases of big games, when all I do is rock up on the day and get it for cheaper than most pre-orders anyway.

Edited by MC DUI

God I love watching people panic all the time with pre-orders on the lead up to releases of big games, when all I do is rock up on the day and get it for cheaper than most pre-orders anyway.

To be fair though, there are a fair number of stores that were sold out of their allocation of stock by 9am this morning, and don't know if they will be getting more before Christmas.

I guess it depends where you live, but better to be safe than sorry.

It's a tough call to preorder or not. But it sucks even more when they do not have enough stock to fill the preorders. Surely there should be some guarantee or compensation for not getting it on the launch day and also for committing with the store. We should really not allow the stores to treat our purchases (and our money) so poorly. Same goes for price matching, if that is the policy, then they should stand by it. I would report anyone to the Consumer Affairs who refuses to pricematch when it is the stores policy to do so. Why is one branch different to another? Makes me sick sometimes when they show so much attitude, they forget who has the power to shut them down. The CONSUMER. Us.

Yeah - not a huge fan of having to bash the cymbals to get them to register especially the yellow. Otherwise the drums would be brilliant. Will get the midi to USB cable and the sensitivity tuning kit and see if this remedies this issue.

The guitar's definitely a winner though.

Having to bash the s%^t out of the yellow hat is a real pain, I wonder if they will do a mail out of the MIDI to USB cable (like in the US) or if we have to buy one. Pretty lame though, prolly would have been happier with the Rock Band kit. Was only playing songs last night but Have to try the studio out and test out all the pads. Also the cymbals could be a bit higher, homejobs could be done to raise them though. The guitar is sweet.

Having to bash the s%^t out of the yellow hat is a real pain, I wonder if they will do a mail out of the MIDI to USB cable (like in the US) or if we have to buy one. Pretty lame though, prolly would have been happier with the Rock Band kit. Was only playing songs last night but Have to try the studio out and test out all the pads. Also the cymbals could be a bit higher, homejobs could be done to raise them though. The guitar is sweet.

On what console is the yellow hat not working properly?

On what console is the yellow hat not working properly?

It's here! My dStore delivery arrived.

Get this though: At 10:30 I got a call from reception saying my package had arrived.

At 10:42, the following email in my Inbox:

RE: Guitar Hero World Tour: Complete Band Game

We advise that your order has gone to back order due to dStore not receiving the anticipated stock allocation of this game. We know this may be disappointing and apologise for any inconvenience.

We are expecting new stock to arrive on Wednesday 19th November, 2008 at which time it will be shipped to you. If you would prefer not to wait and would like a refund to your original payment method please let us know and we will process this refund as soon as possible.

Again - we apologise for any inconvenience

If you would prefer not to wait and would like a refund to your original payment method please let us know and we will process this refund as soon as possible.

LOL, a man without scruples would take the refund option :P

Glad to hear you got the game finally mate, it could have been worse, apparently there are quite a few people who got that email and they really did miss out.