Sign in to follow this  
petetherock

Pioneer 9th Gen Panels Discussion

The BIG Picture People Cheltenam havem!

I saw three on the wall and was told about each as described in previous post......oh he reckons the stand for em are $350 each on top of prices.

He said he reckons he is the first to have em and has a heap out the back to sell!

Oh Southland JBHIFI said lucky to see 509 until MARCH!

Said he had 609 but "WHO WANTS A 60 INCHER FOR $10,000! THEY JUST DON'T SELL"

Pioneer marketing people need to be sacked....actually probably will be with the financial meltdown.

Reason: keep hearing on here, MYER, JBHFI, DAVID JONES that people want 508LX but can't get em or the 509 for a resonable price. In english YOU GUYS MISSING SALES cause Joe Blow will spend his cash on some other brand!

Can someone explain to me the aussie dollar thing...going down makes prices go up.

BUT Demand drops, prices have to fall so sales people meet their quote/comissions right or they are sacked? Ie David Jones

Guest EZYHD
Can someone explain to me the aussie dollar thing...going down makes prices go up.

BUT Demand drops, prices have to fall so sales people meet their quote/comissions right or they are sacked? Ie David Jones

Most goods are paid for in USD to suppliers world wide, like its an international currency, the AUD was 85c up to 95c to 1 USD now its about AUD65c to 1 USD so therefore imports are a hell of a lot more expensive, I know import myself. However, most large companies buy forward money when the exchange rate is good for a small percentage, but once these funds run out its whatever the going rate is.

I just did a compare on Pioneer Aust. site between the two 509 models (LX and C) and this is what I got

• PDPLX509A - RRP $6499
  • True 1080p/24fps
  • 5 year Warranty
  • Dolby Digital
  • Full 1080p HD
  • HDMI
  • Kuro Link
    PDPC509A - RRP $5499
  • Blank
  • Blank
  • Blank...

Pretty useless compare function there Pioneer :huh:

Reading the spec of the C509, it has

Pioneer’s new KURO Full-HD plasma TV, the PDP-C509A, includes a range of features to enhance your viewing experience, including KURO-Link , HDMI terminals, 24 frames per second processing (24fps) and improved audio quality...

Three HDMI 1.3 terminals supports 1080p/50Hz, 1080p/60-Hz and 1080p/24-Hz input signals, and Deep Colour 36-bit (RGB or YCbCr) colour depths for colour reproducibility of greater detail as well as 16-bit, 20-bit, 24-bit and 36-bit (RGB or YCbCr) colour depths.

...every panel featuring 24fps source input at 72Hz (3 images displayed per original frame).

Enhanced ISF C3 capability...

The PDPC509A comes with a three-year warranty.

I just did a compare on Pioneer Aust. site between the two 509 models (LX and C) and this is what I got

• PDPLX509A - RRP $6499
  • True 1080p/24fps
  • 5 year Warranty
  • Dolby Digital
  • Full 1080p HD
  • HDMI
  • Kuro Link
    PDPC509A - RRP $5499
  • Blank
  • Blank
  • Blank...

Pretty useless compare function there Pioneer :huh:

Reading the spec of the C509, it has

I spoke to my Pio rep today.

He said the C509 is basically a 508 panel (same contrast etc.) with the 509 electronics (new tuner, processor and gui.)

It doesn't have the ethernet or usb.

Has 3 year warranty.

You are right diesel - the pio compare is useless.

He said the C509 is basically a 508 panel (same contrast etc.) with the 509 electronics (new tuner, processor and gui.)

It doesn't have the ethernet or usb.

Has 3 year warranty.

You are right diesel - the pio compare is useless.

It also dosent have the home media gallery.

This is a link I found with Pioneer discussing about the 10G glass manufacturing going to Panasonic and what patents Pioneer are keeping.

It's a bit old news now but thought people might find it interesting ;)

Pioneer 10G panel video

The C509 description on the Pio website is very clever marketing IMO. To me, it vague enough to assume you are getting a 9th gen panel, yet with the knowledge it is an 8th gen panel, I had to reread it several times to see how they have not said it's a 9th gen panel.

Taking yet another groundbreaking step towards HDTV perfection, Pioneer has taken the world’s best plasma (8th Gen KURO) and made it even better...

When undertaking the process of engineering Pioneer’s 9th Generation plasma technology, every single feature on Pioneer’s 8th Gen panel was evaluated. Engineers took each element of the display apart and put it back together with revolutionary improvements. The result is a new flat panel television offering unrivalled performance.

except, the LX range offers even more unrivalled performance :winky:

Settings from a US model:

http://www.guidetohometheater.com/flatpaneldisplays/pioneer_elite_pro-101fd_plasma_monitor/index7.html

On Remote

AV Selection: Pure

Screen Size: Dot by Dot

Picture Menu

*Contrast: 38

*Brightness: +2

*Color: +12

*Tint: 0

Sharpness: –15

Color Temp: Manual

• **R High: -5
  • **G High: +2
  • **B High: -1
  • **R Low: 0
  • **G Low: +1
  • **B Low: +2

Gamma: 3

Pro Adjust

Pure Cinema

• Film Mode: Off (progressive) or Advance (interlaced)
  • Text Optimization: Off

Intelligent Mode: Off

Picture Detail

• DRE Picture: Low
  • Black Level: Off
  • ACL: Off
  • Enhancer Mode: 2

Color Detail

• CTI: Off
  • Color Management
    • **R: +4
    • **Y: +1
    • **G: -9
    • **C: -1
    • **B: 0
    • **M: -2

[*]Color Space: 2

Noise Reduction

• 3DNR: Mid
  • Field NR: Off
  • Block NR: Off
  • Mosquito NR: Off

Other

• 3DYC: N/A for HDMI & component
  • I-P Mode: 2
  • Drive Mode: 1
  • Game Control Pref.: N/A

Blue Only Mode: Off

I'm sure for us here Drive Mode should be 2 @72hz!

cheers laurie

Hi All,

Found this on the Just Klapp website, they're promising great pricing on their the official Pioneer launch nit and it's FREE to attend, for the first 100 people!

Just Klapp®, in conjunction with Pioneer, would like to invite you to join us at our Chapel St store for the EXCLUSIVE Victorian launch of the NEW Pioneer PDP-LX509 50” Plasma Panel.

Much industry excitement surrounds the arrival of Pioneers 9th generation Plasma television and you can be among the first to view this fantastic step forward in technology, an opportunity usually reserved for industry professionals and retail staff.

Not only will you be able to be the first to view the Pioneer PDP-LX509 Plasma Panel, you will also be able to interact with the range of Pioneer Blu-ray players and surround sound amplifiers. This exclusive invite also affords you the opportunity to talk with several Pioneer representatives directly, in both Sales and Marketing. These individuals will be available to answer any questions you may have regarding Pioneer products and Pioneer’s head of product planning, Tony Trent, will be here to discuss the facts about:

• Plasma vs LCD – which technology is better ?

• Why Blu-ray is set to replace DVD in the future

• Why Full-HD televisions are the future

We hope you’ll be amongst the first to experience it. Certainly not an opportunity to be missed for those serious about Pioneer and the latest technology along with further advancements.

Peter Familari, Consumer Electronics writer for the Herald-Sun, along with a contingent of other media representatives will also be at the lauch to experience these exciting products for themselves.

The launch itself will be held in our state of the art Premium Home Theatre Room and Just Klapp staff will also be in attendance to answer any questions you may have and provide free advice on many different aspects of today’s audio visual lifestyle. It’s a fantastic opportunity to speak casually, one on one, with one of our audio visual experts

We will have several special offers available only to those that attend on the night and the store will be open to those in attendance, should you wish to purchase. Light refreshments from Perroni will be served for the duration of the evening.

We are strictly limited to offering 100 invites only, so don’t hesitate and secure your position today.

Where: Just Klapp® "For the best in Home Entertainment"

72 Chapel St, Prahran, VIC, 3181

Ph: (03) 9529 5966

When: 04 Feb 2009

Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm (finish time is a guideline only)

Parking: The closest ticketed parking is available behind Paint Spot, (large yellow building) 30-32 Chapel St, Prahran.

If you wish to attend, please RSVP using the submission from below before 29th January 2009. For any additional enquiries, please contact Marc Carne, marc@justklapp.com

http://www.justklapp.com/client/Competitio...etitionPage.jsp

Hi All,

Found this on the Just Klapp website - promising great pricing on the night of the launch and it's free to attend!

We will have several special offers available only to those that attend on the night and the store will be open to those in attendance, should you wish to purchase.

Under $5k special pricing? :)

I’d rather not get a dose of the “klapp” thanks very much. :D Sounds like a lot of marketing hype and propaganda. <_<

The G9 has been out for so long now in other parts of the world there is nothing new to discover, its all been discussed to death on other forums.

If you are tired of it, then there is no need to read or contribute to this thread, where others would like to get their hands on this panel and enjoy it on local soil.

Thanks

I'd rather not get a dose of the "klapp" thanks very much. :D Sounds like a lot of marketing hype and propaganda. <_<

The G9 has been out for so long now in other parts of the world there is nothing new to discover, its all been discussed to death on other forums.

There is no reason to expect that the Pioneers will not remain ahead in performance and be more expensive, but just like today many people will not think the improvement over the Panasonics worth the extra cash.

I'm one of these people. I can easily afford the Pioneer but I just cant justify paying that much for a TV. I'll stick with the 50inch Panasonic until perhaps I can get a 60 inch Kuro 10th generation for a reasonable price. Stuff paying anywhere near 10k for a TV though.

Back in the 1970’s and 80’s a 26” TV cost the equivalent of $7k-$10k in today’s money and plenty of people bought them, but nowadays people think paying that sort of price for a top notch 60” HD flat screen is over the top. Shows how people’s value perceptions have changed over the years. :huh:

Edited by Owen

lol yet people buy BMW's, Audi's,Lexus's, MERC's, to be stuck in traffic which a $13,999 Kia can achieve the same results getting you from point A to point B if frigin Mr Eggs on Toast want's to spend $15000 on a TV then thats his business I get sick & tired when I get something[mostly Hi-Fi] the first question I get asked "How much did that cost" my response is always "Why?, do you want to get one!.......no, just asking, then get f#*ked"

ps I'm not having a go at anyone here :) I'm just predicting what's going to happen IF I ever get my LX609A

cheers laurie

I've just been out trying to find somewhere to buy a new cabinet for my 609 that gets delivered at 9:30 tomorrow morning. Combine these factors...

1. I live in Perth

2. Its a public holiday

3. Read first point again

Chances of finding any half furniture shop open? Nil...

I saw a nice solid jarrah one in a window, couldn't see the price, but I think the guy is going to have a sale at about 9:01am when he opens his shop. As long as he can deliver it in 29minutes... :)

Is this old stock or the latest shipment of 609?

cheers laurie

cheers laurie

I received my lx609 a couple of days ago and it was new stock that just came in.

lol yet people buy BMW's, Audi's,Lexus's, MERC's, to be stuck in traffic which a $13,999 Kia can achieve the same results getting you from point A to point B if frigin Mr Eggs on Toast want's to spend $15000 on a TV then thats his business I get sick & tired when I get something[mostly Hi-Fi] the first question I get asked "How much did that cost" my response is always "Why?, do you want to get one!.......no, just asking, then get f#*ked"

ps I'm not having a go at anyone here :) I'm just predicting what's going to happen IF I ever get my LX609A

cheers laurie

I can tell you that negotiating city traffic in almost total silence (except for the stereo), breathing filtered climate controlled air and sitting in a plush soft leather, heated-cooled seat is FAR from painful, beats the crap out of the $13k KIA experience no risk.

So it costs 10 to 20 times as much, hell you only live once and may as well enjoy life’s little luxuries if you can afford it, especially if you are going to get good use out of it.

As for HiFi gear, $10k does not get you very much; TV’s are CHEAP in comparison, as you are aware.

Edited by Owen

cheers laurie

New stock Laurie. Arrived on Friday apparently. I think he said they had ordered in 10 or 15 units, something like that. I've been waiting a few weeks for this shipment to come in so I could make my mind up one way or the other. They had the 609 and the Pana 65 set up pretty well next to each other feeding off the same Bluray demo disc. The Pio just looked sharper than the Pana, the blacks were actually black instead of grey/black. I probably actually wanted to get the Pana more because of the extra screen real estate, but the picture on the Pio won me over.

Edited by k00k

Thanks k00k enjoy your new toy I hope you don't have friends & relatives like I have -_-

Owen you know that was meant for you ;)

cheers laurie

How do the LX609 compare to the Pioneer 9th Gen elites when it comes to settings? Also, has anyone had luck finding a way of checking how many hours the Panel has been used for? I take it this will only be viewable via the service menu.