Sign in to follow this  
petetherock

Pioneer 9th Gen Panels Discussion

The G10 Pioneers made by Panasonic will be the best Plasma’s ever, but they are at least a year away.

Don’t expect price cuts in the near future, if anything prices will go up before they come down.

i had ordered a lx508 from myers back in november but they could not confirm delivery time, so i back out of sale.... which is good because i ordered a lx609 from bing lee at bankstown for $8500 plus $45 for delivery..... i think they are working off the old pricing

The G10 Pioneers made by Panasonic will be the best Plasma’s ever, but they are at least a year away.

Don’t expect price cuts in the near future, if anything prices will go up before they come down.

how good do you think the panasonic neos will be compared to G10 Pio's?

I also think, if the factory is in china, that shouldn't be a worry. as the QA will no doubt still be held under strict japanese Pio style, which seems to be the problem with lots of cheaper chinese products.

how good do you think the panasonic neos will be compared to G10 Pio's?

Nobody, and I mean nobody, knows the answer to that as no one anywhere has seen anything of them yet. Any comparison between the two is purely speculation at the moment...

The rumour is the Pioneers will be better (lower black level), and my money is on that, but it will be at a price. Just how much better is pure speculation.

yeah they definitely tickled my fancy when they mentioned ultra slim, higher lumen tech, good motion resolution, supposedly amazing blacks compared to current panasonics, and most likely at a much better price than the pioneer.

there can only be soo long that pioneer holds such a lead over panasonic for the price.

when will we see some demos of these units at press releases etc? february?

Nobody, and I mean nobody, knows the answer to that as no one anywhere has seen anything of them yet. Any comparison between the two is purely speculation at the moment...

Agree totally the only people to know the answer is Pioneer and speaking to the techs in Melbourne about KRP v LX that there is no difference in pq as they did a side by side comparison oh by the way the LX509 will be released mid Jan 09 and the LX609 is on back order due to high demand

cheers laurie

Agree totally the only people to know the answer is Pioneer and speaking to the techs in Melbourne about KRP v LX that there is no difference in pq as they did a side by side comparison oh by the way the LX509 will be released mid Jan 09 and the LX609 is on back order due to high demand

cheers laurie

Ordered the LX609 on 27 Dec 08 for delivery today. They confirmed delivery this morning, only to phone this afternoon to say no stock until February.

I wonder what high demand is? 10? :lol:

anything can be in high demand if there isn't much stock.

cheers laurie

The speculation was about the future G10 Pioneer V the current G9, not a KRP V LX comparison.

The G9's are most definitely different and better then the G8's.

Edited by Owen

yeah they definitely tickled my fancy when they mentioned ultra slim, higher lumen tech, good motion resolution, supposedly amazing blacks compared to current panasonics, and most likely at a much better price than the pioneer.

there can only be soo long that pioneer holds such a lead over panasonic for the price.

There is no reason to expect that the Pioneers will not remain ahead in performance and be more expensive, but just like today many people will not think the improvement over the Panasonics worth the extra cash.

I wonder what high demand is? 10? :lol:

anything can be in high demand if there isn't much stock.

Stuff if I know,I'm just passing on information their words not mine,maybe heaps of people placed orders in to beat price rise! also the KX509 has been pushed back to end Jan early Feb

cheers laurie

The speculation was about the future G10 Pioneer V the current G9, not a KRP V LX comparison.

The G9's are most definitely different and better then the G8's.

Fair enough.....I went slightly O/T

cheers laurie

Can anyone confirm as suggested on other forums that Pioneer will be bringing back a 42" Plasma for their forthcoming G10 series?

Guest EZYHD
Can anyone confirm as suggested on other forums that Pioneer will be bringing back a 42" Plasma for their forthcoming G10 series?

I'm sure someone said no they are not.

I can't see how they can justify an extra $6000.00 (at RRP) for

the 60" over the 50".

Surely this is just pure extra mark-up?

the 60" over the 50".

For that much more you might aswell buy 2 x 50" ones and have glorious tv viewing in 2 rooms. :P

Guest EZYHD

the 60" over the 50".

Doing the sums none of us can!. :D

the 60" over the 50".

Well it's really simple as I got straight A's for maths

price is worked out as $/inch $12,499 = $208/inch for the 60" model

price is worked out as $/inch $ 6,499 = $130/inch for the 50" model

therefore the difference is $78 so that's why I ordered the 60" after I told my misses it only $78 dearer to get the 60" :winky:

cheers laurie

I think the price for a Pioneer is higher than buying a home in Strathfield, NSW...

Oh the higher cost for bigger panels has to do with the number of pieces of glass they can cut out from a single larger piece, so less for a 60" and more wastage, but there is a markup of course.

Edited by petetherock

Guest EZYHD
Well it's really simple as I got straight A's for maths

price is worked out as $/inch $12,499 = $208/inch for the 60" model

price is worked out as $/inch $ 6,499 = $130/inch for the 50" model

therefore the difference is $78 so that's why I ordered the 60" after I told my misses it only $78 dearer to get the 60" :winky:

cheers laurie

That really broke me up Laurie! :D :D :D