Pioneer 9th Gen Panels Discussion

The rumour is the Pioneers will be better (lower black level), and my money is on that, but it will be at a price. Just how much better is pure speculation.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah they definitely tickled my fancy when they mentioned ultra slim, higher lumen tech, good motion resolution, supposedly amazing blacks compared to current panasonics, and most likely at a much better price than the pioneer.

there can only be soo long that pioneer holds such a lead over panasonic for the price.

when will we see some demos of these units at press releases etc? february?

Nobody, and I mean nobody, knows the answer to that as no one anywhere has seen anything of them yet. Any comparison between the two is purely speculation at the moment...

Agree totally the only people to know the answer is Pioneer and speaking to the techs in Melbourne about KRP v LX that there is no difference in pq as they did a side by side comparison oh by the way the LX509 will be released mid Jan 09 and the LX609 is on back order due to high demand

cheers laurie

Agree totally the only people to know the answer is Pioneer and speaking to the techs in Melbourne about KRP v LX that there is no difference in pq as they did a side by side comparison oh by the way the LX509 will be released mid Jan 09 and the LX609 is on back order due to high demand

cheers laurie

Ordered the LX609 on 27 Dec 08 for delivery today. They confirmed delivery this morning, only to phone this afternoon to say no stock until February.

cheers laurie

The speculation was about the future G10 Pioneer V the current G9, not a KRP V LX comparison.

The G9's are most definitely different and better then the G8's.

Edited by Owen
yeah they definitely tickled my fancy when they mentioned ultra slim, higher lumen tech, good motion resolution, supposedly amazing blacks compared to current panasonics, and most likely at a much better price than the pioneer.

there can only be soo long that pioneer holds such a lead over panasonic for the price.

There is no reason to expect that the Pioneers will not remain ahead in performance and be more expensive, but just like today many people will not think the improvement over the Panasonics worth the extra cash.

I wonder what high demand is? 10? :lol:

anything can be in high demand if there isn't much stock.

Stuff if I know,I'm just passing on information their words not mine,maybe heaps of people placed orders in to beat price rise! also the KX509 has been pushed back to end Jan early Feb

cheers laurie

The speculation was about the future G10 Pioneer V the current G9, not a KRP V LX comparison.

The G9's are most definitely different and better then the G8's.

Fair enough.....I went slightly O/T

cheers laurie

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm as suggested on other forums that Pioneer will be bringing back a 42" Plasma for their forthcoming G10 series?

I'm sure someone said no they are not.

I can't see how they can justify an extra $6000.00 (at RRP) for

the 60" over the 50".

Surely this is just pure extra mark-up?

For that much more you might aswell buy 2 x 50" ones and have glorious tv viewing in 2 rooms. :P

the 60" over the 50".

Doing the sums none of us can!. :D

the 60" over the 50".

Well it's really simple as I got straight A's for maths

price is worked out as $/inch $12,499 = $208/inch for the 60" model

price is worked out as $/inch $ 6,499 = $130/inch for the 50" model

therefore the difference is $78 so that's why I ordered the 60" after I told my misses it only $78 dearer to get the 60" :winky:

cheers laurie

I think the price for a Pioneer is higher than buying a home in Strathfield, NSW...

Oh the higher cost for bigger panels has to do with the number of pieces of glass they can cut out from a single larger piece, so less for a 60" and more wastage, but there is a markup of course.

Edited by petetherock

therefore the difference is $78 so that's why I ordered the 60" after I told my misses it only $78 dearer to get the 60" :winky:

cheers laurie

That really broke me up Laurie! :D :D :D

cheers laurie

Ummm...Laurie

I don't think your calculation computes.

Are you sure you got straight As for maths?

Your reasoning doesn't explain why the 60" is costed at $208.00 per inch

Surely the calculation should be:

50" $6,499 = $130.00/inch plus an additional 10" @ $130.00 for the 60"

= $1300.00. Therefore total cost for the 60" = $7799.00

Your A grade maths calculation does however explain,

very clearly, the twisted logic that persuades a mad few of

us to pay crazy prices for our Plasmas ! :)

Mark

Can anyone confirm as suggested on other forums that Pioneer will be bringing back a 42" Plasma for their forthcoming G10 series?

I think their bringing a 42 lcd but no more 42 inch plasma's

Edited by wheelz
So what's the difference between the LX509 and the C509??

I can't see any mention anywhere.

No LAN or home media gallery on the cheaper C model is about all i can different after a quick look.

So what's the difference between the LX509 and the C509??

I can't see any mention anywhere.

The C509 uses the 8th gen Panel NOT the new 9th, it has new 9th gen circuitry. 3 year warranty only.

The LX509 has the new 9th gen panel, Home Media Guide, better picture control, 5 year warranty, costs about $1K more then the 'C'

No LAN or home media gallery on the cheaper C model is about all i can different after a quick look.

The 'C' uses a 8th gen Panel, and only has a 3 year warranty. costs about $1K less then the 'LX'

For the 10th gen Plasmas Pioneer will jointly be making panels with Panasonic,

Electronics still will still be made Pioneer.

thats old news,i didnt mean pioneer will not be making any more plasmas i meant no more 42 inch's

I think their bringing a 42 lcd but no more 42 inch plasma's

32", 37" and 46" LCDs.

No 42' plasma (as you said) or 42" LCDs either

EDIT: I still can't find anything on the net about the differences between the LX and the C series...???

Edited by diesel
EDIT: I still can't find anything on the net about the differences between the LX and the C series...???

Diesel I downloaded the manual from pioneer,its the same manual for both but lets you know if a feature isnt on the C series.

Just think if Pioneer pushed its Kuros range through the media I think a lot is basically word of mouth not bad really in these times of financial troubles even catalogues hardly have the pioneer range in

cheers laurie

Hi all,

I have a LX609A.

A word of warning to other owners.

On Saturday I was watching a DVD in a darkened room. I switched everything off to go out and get some brunch. When I returned the viewing room was still dark. But something was wrong.

Instead of the plasma having its red light on (showing standby) the blue light was on.

The black of these plasmas is so good that in a darkened room I could not tell that I had left the screen on!!

To avoid this happening again I have turned on the option under power control which will automatically turn the set off after 15 minutes if there is no signal.

I will write more of my thoughts about this beautiful machine another time.

Cheers,

Michael

You must have had some stray light coming from a source outside of the room, as far as I have seen these still emit enough light that the panel can be seen in a darkened room. The next gen is supposedly the zero luminance models where you'll need to invest in a flashlight (movie theatre style) to enter and leave your HT room during a show B)

Hi

It will be interesting to see how the Retail Sales go (RRP wise) on these as aparently Corporate Sales on large Plasma Panels are collasping.

With Pioneer using Sharp Technology and Glass for their LCD's and Panny. Glass for their Plasmas this rationalisation in the Consumer Electrical Goods is starting to take on a ridiculous look.

You must have had some stray light coming from a source outside of the room, as far as I have seen these still emit enough light that the panel can be seen in a darkened room.

It was day time, so there was just a little stray light. But very little.

I am not claiming that if I had looked harder I would not have seen any light from the screen.

But when I left the room I did not notice that it was on, and when I came back into the room later it was not the light from the screen I noticed, but that the blue led was illuminated.

So the tip from my posting is not that the screen is perfectly black, but just that it is black enough for a user sometimes miss the fact that the screen is still on, and thus it is recommended to use the power control to automatically turn the screen off.

Cheers,

Michael

The G9 Pioneers will power down the panel after a short time with an all black video input or probably no video input, the screen should then be totally black in a dark room. However if even one pixel need to be on the panel must turn on and the real black level of the set will be seen, which is not black at all.

Ok found out there are 3 options for the 509!

BPP have em.

Basic is $4500 lower speaker

Monitor $5500 gets free calibration after 200hrs!

Lx $5500 side speakers and stand

Was quoted $5200 20 days ago for LX!

Not looking good for finding a LX-508......might have to import from QLD ha ha ha