Pioneer 9th Gen Panels Discussion

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the lx series is the elite range, and the KRP M or whatever are the signature equivalents?

The KRP-M's are similar to the NA Signature Elite Monitors but there some some differences. Info and Back Panel Pics HERE

KRP-M has 2 HDMI Ports, the Signatures have 4

KRP-M has audio circuitry, the Signatures do not.

They share the same ISFccc Interface.

The European LX5090H/LX6090H are similar to the NA Elite TV's (PRO-111FD, PRO-151FD), the Non-H's models are not as similar as the NA Elite TV's.

Your LX509A/LX609A look closer to the European Non-H's - No PURE AV Selection - However, you can achieve similiar results to PURE (and can achieve higher light output without clipping whites or destroying gamma) with the ISFccc Interface.

Similar does not mean the same of course... :D

Edited by Shawnt

My 503 had a very simple button press on the remote to get to the hours meter.

I had a 608 on loan for a while, and this had a complex button press to get to the service menu, and thus the hours meter.

Is there any way to access the hours meter of the 509 or 609 by just pressing some buttons?

And why the f**k isn't a useful bit of information that is stored in the panel available from the main menu in a user friendly form?

I am rather annoyed that so far there seems no easy (and free) way to see the hours meter of my 609.

Cheers,

Michael

lol yet people buy BMW's, Audi's,Lexus's, MERC's, to be stuck in traffic which a $13,999 Kia can achieve the same results getting you from point A to point B if frigin Mr Eggs on Toast want's to spend $15000 on a TV then thats his business I get sick & tired when I get something[mostly Hi-Fi] the first question I get asked "How much did that cost" my response is always "Why?, do you want to get one!.......no, just asking, then get f#*ked"

ps I'm not having a go at anyone here :) I'm just predicting what's going to happen IF I ever get my LX609A

cheers laurie

Drawing comparisons between Cars & Tv's is a bit ridiculous. Of course a BMW, Audi , Lexus etc is going to have signifanct inprovemenyts over a 14k Kia. If for nothing else the lifespan/longevity of it. A 10k TV does not have anything a 3.5k TV doesnt plus it certainly doesnt do anything better to the tune of 6.5k.

Drawing comparisons between Cars & Tv's is a bit ridiculous. Of course a BMW, Audi , Lexus etc is going to have signifanct inprovemenyts over a 14k Kia. If for nothing else the lifespan/longevity of it. A 10k TV does not have anything a 3.5k TV doesnt plus it certainly doesnt do anything better to the tune of 6.5k.

Assuming that your idea of where quality is noticed and what is a waste of money is the be all and end all is even more ridiculous.

For me it is a complete waste of money to buy a fancy car, whilst the picture quality of my 609 is a constant delight.

I am happy for others to make up their own mind on how their money is best spent, but please don't tell me that what makes me happy is "riduculous".

Cheers,

Michael

PS It is rather strange that someone who thinks that money spent on cars is good value whilst money spent on the highest quality plasm is wasted, is bothering to read and contribute to this thread. Troll or what?

Edited by MichaelCPE

Assuming that your idea of where quality is noticed and what is a waste of money is the be all and end all is even more ridiculous.

That doesnt even make sense.

For me it is a complete waste of money to buy a fancy car, whilst the picture quality of my 609 is a constant delight.

I wasn't the one that came up with that analogy. I agree its ridiculous.

I am happy for others to make up their own mind on how their money is best spent, but please don't tell me that what makes me happy is "riduculous".

Fair enough, your loss. Its common sense.

PS It is rather strange that someone who thinks that money spent on cars is good value whilst money spent on the highest quality plasm is wasted, is bothering to read and contribute to this thread. Troll or what?

Who sais its the highest quailty? The price? LOL. Again it doesnt do anything better than a TV 1/3rd the price. That phrase that comes to mind is more money than sense.

Who sais its the highest quailty? The price? LOL. Again it doesnt do anything better than a TV 1/3rd the price. That phrase that comes to mind is more money than sense.

I'll only bother to reply to your last comment.

There is no real debate about the quality of the 9th generation Pioneers. Almost everyone who knows anything about this agree that it is the best quality plasma.

This does not mean that everyone is able to notice the quality. (Most such people are happy to accept that those who are concerned about quality can notice a difference.)

And it does not mean that those who can see the quality think that the Pioneer justifies the price.

But, apart from MrMan, the quality of the 9th generation Pioneers is undisputed.

Every year This is the last year Pioneer release new models and but in the past, every year we go through this argument. People who want the best and can afford it will always pay the required price to get that technology.

If you can't justify it, be happy with your own purchase...but don't judge others on your values and beliefs

Why is the analogy ridicules? A $50k car has most if not all of the features of a $200k model and does the same job, why would anyone be stupid enough to pay four times the price if there is nothing to be gained?

You may think a 60” Pioneer is not better then a $3.5k TV, that’s fine know one is forcing you to, however to say that there is no difference IS ridiculous.

Everyone makes their quality-value judgments, you have made yours.

MrMan,

Your shopping out of your depth, Aldi is best for you, Konic TV's, Xiawa HiFi and Daewoo for the finest in motoring pleasure...off you go...maybe get an education...this will lead to a better job than driving a forklift at the Linfox warehouse, maybe then you'll start earning enough money to appease your jealousy of those who made an effort and believe they deserve better and want to enjoy the rewards effort brings!!

I own a LX508a and once you've had Kuro you would never never go back!

So just a note to all retailers out there:

I'm in the market for a NEW LX-509A and am prepared to part with $2,500.

Of course the warranty is now...only 6 months right..if that?

Pioneer shut up shop.

You can contact me on this site.

So just a note to all retailers out there:

I'm in the market for a NEW LX-509A and am prepared to part with $2,500.

Of course the warranty is now...only 6 months right..if that?

Pioneer shut up shop.

You can contact me on this site.

I'll raise this offer to $2900!