Pioneer 9th Gen Panels Discussion

Well it's really simple as I got straight A's for maths

price is worked out as $/inch $12,499 = $208/inch for the 60" model

price is worked out as $/inch $ 6,499 = $130/inch for the 50" model

therefore the difference is $78 so that's why I ordered the 60" after I told my misses it only $78 dearer to get the 60" :winky:

cheers laurie

Ummm...Laurie

I don't think your calculation computes.

Are you sure you got straight As for maths?

Your reasoning doesn't explain why the 60" is costed at $208.00 per inch

Surely the calculation should be:

50" $6,499 = $130.00/inch plus an additional 10" @ $130.00 for the 60"

= $1300.00. Therefore total cost for the 60" = $7799.00

Your A grade maths calculation does however explain,

very clearly, the twisted logic that persuades a mad few of

us to pay crazy prices for our Plasmas ! :)

Mark

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone confirm as suggested on other forums that Pioneer will be bringing back a 42" Plasma for their forthcoming G10 series?

I think their bringing a 42 lcd but no more 42 inch plasma's

Edited by wheelz

So what's the difference between the LX509 and the C509??

I can't see any mention anywhere.

The C509 uses the 8th gen Panel NOT the new 9th, it has new 9th gen circuitry. 3 year warranty only.

The LX509 has the new 9th gen panel, Home Media Guide, better picture control, 5 year warranty, costs about $1K more then the 'C'

For the 10th gen Plasmas Pioneer will jointly be making panels with Panasonic,

Electronics still will still be made Pioneer.

thats old news,i didnt mean pioneer will not be making any more plasmas i meant no more 42 inch's

I think their bringing a 42 lcd but no more 42 inch plasma's

32", 37" and 46" LCDs.

No 42' plasma (as you said) or 42" LCDs either

EDIT: I still can't find anything on the net about the differences between the LX and the C series...???

Edited by diesel

EDIT: I still can't find anything on the net about the differences between the LX and the C series...???

Diesel I downloaded the manual from pioneer,its the same manual for both but lets you know if a feature isnt on the C series.

Hi all,

I have a LX609A.

A word of warning to other owners.

On Saturday I was watching a DVD in a darkened room. I switched everything off to go out and get some brunch. When I returned the viewing room was still dark. But something was wrong.

Instead of the plasma having its red light on (showing standby) the blue light was on.

The black of these plasmas is so good that in a darkened room I could not tell that I had left the screen on!!

To avoid this happening again I have turned on the option under power control which will automatically turn the set off after 15 minutes if there is no signal.

I will write more of my thoughts about this beautiful machine another time.

Cheers,

Michael

You must have had some stray light coming from a source outside of the room, as far as I have seen these still emit enough light that the panel can be seen in a darkened room. The next gen is supposedly the zero luminance models where you'll need to invest in a flashlight (movie theatre style) to enter and leave your HT room during a show B)

Hi

It will be interesting to see how the Retail Sales go (RRP wise) on these as aparently Corporate Sales on large Plasma Panels are collasping.

With Pioneer using Sharp Technology and Glass for their LCD's and Panny. Glass for their Plasmas this rationalisation in the Consumer Electrical Goods is starting to take on a ridiculous look.

You must have had some stray light coming from a source outside of the room, as far as I have seen these still emit enough light that the panel can be seen in a darkened room.

It was day time, so there was just a little stray light. But very little.

I am not claiming that if I had looked harder I would not have seen any light from the screen.

But when I left the room I did not notice that it was on, and when I came back into the room later it was not the light from the screen I noticed, but that the blue led was illuminated.

So the tip from my posting is not that the screen is perfectly black, but just that it is black enough for a user sometimes miss the fact that the screen is still on, and thus it is recommended to use the power control to automatically turn the screen off.

Cheers,

Michael

The G9 Pioneers will power down the panel after a short time with an all black video input or probably no video input, the screen should then be totally black in a dark room. However if even one pixel need to be on the panel must turn on and the real black level of the set will be seen, which is not black at all.

Ok found out there are 3 options for the 509!

BPP have em.

Basic is $4500 lower speaker

Monitor $5500 gets free calibration after 200hrs!

Lx $5500 side speakers and stand

Was quoted $5200 20 days ago for LX!

Not looking good for finding a LX-508......might have to import from QLD ha ha ha

Guest scorpian007

I'll be picking up the LX509A in the next 6-8 months once the price comes down a bit. My home theatre setup will then be complete :D

Ok found out there are 3 options for the 509!

BPP have em.

Basic is $4500 lower speaker

Monitor $5500 gets free calibration after 200hrs!

Lx $5500 side speakers and stand

Was quoted $5200 20 days ago for LX!

Not looking good for finding a LX-508......might have to import from QLD ha ha ha

Are the LX509As in stock? I have had one on order for months and have been told the middle of next month!