Sik For Iq

Hi All,

I noticed on the november 2008 price list, that the self install kit (SIK) will be $50 while the normal install will be $100. And $10 per month. I am on cable at the moment.

What is the difference between the 2 besides price? If the SIK is the same then i would go for it as i will be saving $50.

Is the SIK basically foxtel sending me the i box by post to me?

Cheers,

K.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I noticed on the november 2008 price list, that the self install kit (SIK) will be $50 while the normal install will be $100. And $10 per month. I am on cable at the moment.

What is the difference between the 2 besides price? If the SIK is the same then i would go for it as i will be saving $50.

Is the SIK basically foxtel sending me the i box by post to me?

Cheers,

K.

IQ is $10/month regardless of how you install. Self install means that they send you the box, you plug it in and send the old box back. Otherwise they send a technician to plug in the IQ and remove the old box. That's the only difference.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I called up foxtel and they said it will take 14 business days to deliver. Is this true from experiences?

Thanks,

K.

That would be an "up to" quote

I think mine arrived in less than a week when i ordered it many years ago now.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I called up foxtel and they said it will take 14 business days to deliver. Is this true from experiences?

Thanks,

K.

I ordered the Self Install Kit for the IQ2 on Friday and received it today (Monday). 2 working days!!!! I'm pumped because I've been waiting for so long for the IQ2 to be available for self install. It's fantastic because some tech doesn't touch my equipment. I ordered the SIK for the IQ a couple of years ago and again for the IQ2. Great Option!

Just for the record, the IQ2 has been available for self install since September 15th.

I take it you already need an IQ to do the SI with an IQ2?

You can order a self install even if you have a standard digital box (I know cable subscribers can, but not sure about Sat).

The self install kit comes with a pre paid postage sticker which you bring to the Post office with your old equipment and they send it back to foxtel. They ask for the old set top box, power cord, smartcard and remote.

Easy and simple.

All the best

If you're interested.

The SIK for the IQ2 come with

- IQ2 STB (No sh*t)

- Filter for IQ2. Something to do with cable broadband users

- power cord.

- Remote.

- Battery.

- Gold Plated HDMI.

- Scart cable.

- smartcard.

- Standard documents.

I can't think of anything else, but i'm sure i left out something.

Edited by ILUVFOXIQ

Thanks guys for the info. I ordered the SIK for IQ1. What cables does it come with in the SIK for iQ1?

Thanks,

Kenn.

Same as IQ2 (as i stated above), but without the HDMI cable and i think the Broadband filter (which is only needed for iq2)

Edited by ILUVFOXIQ

When I got the iQ1 installed (now upgraded to iQ2) the technician had come down to run another cable down from the dish and drilled a hole in the wall socket so the iQ could work. Now I want to upgrade the multiroom to an iQ1, where no extra cable has been run down. Is the SIK available in this case or not? And if another cable had to be run down but I don't want to pay $100, would Foxtel let me get my own splitter that i can plug into the socket and that way get the iQ to record 2 shows at the same time?

Edited by e.z

I'm pumped because I've been waiting for so long for the IQ2 to be available for self install. It's fantastic because some tech doesn't touch my equipment.

As a tech, please allow me to say how disappointed I am that I am unable to touch your equipment. It's what I live for, and now you've found a way to deprive me.

We're not all hairy knuckled neanderthals, you know.

I want to upgrade the multiroom to an iQ1, where no extra cable has been run down. Is the SIK available in this case or not? And if another cable had to be run down but I don't want to pay $100, would Foxtel let me get my own splitter that i can plug into the socket and that way get the iQ to record 2 shows at the same time?

You cannot get a SIK kit in this case.

If you were to get your own splitter the IQ1 will not function correctly

Hi All,

I have my IQ SIK installed yesterday. I got it within 2 days! Very happy.

So with the IQ1 i can record 1 channel and watch a different channel at the same time? Is it possible to record 2 different channels and watch a 3rd different channel at the same time? :)

Cheers,

K.

Damn!!! :angry: Thanks for your help loony. :)

I should have added in that it will work partially.

While recording you will be able to watch some channels however not others so it will not act as a normal IQ (this is due to how satellite works and why there is a need for another cable to be run)

You can still get a SIK IQ and use a splitter, it just wont be as good as if you had the 2 separate cables.

Hi All,

I have my IQ SIK installed yesterday. I got it within 2 days! Very happy.

So with the IQ1 i can record 1 channel and watch a different channel at the same time? Is it possible to record 2 different channels and watch a 3rd different channel at the same time? :)

Cheers,

K.

Yes with the IQ2 you can record 2 things and watch another live program.

Ordered iQ2 Self Install Kit last night and was just wondering when I can expect to receive it?

Do you think it would be dispatched today and then with me tomorrow as I am in Sydney and I believe the Foxtel dispatch warehouse is here too.

Is it delivered by just the normal Australia Post people or is it a courier?

I asked all these questions to the Foxtel rep last night but they were unable to answer as this was the first time they had actually sent an iQ2 SIK!

Any experience from someone who has actually received their SIK would be much appreciated...

Edited by reni10