Iron Man ? On Sale Yet

wtf -

so i went onto the bigw website where they have the online catalogue - nothing on there which shows ironman on BR for $34. but if i SEARCH the online website, it shows as $34.

so i went into local big w (parabanks - ugh) and they have it on the shelf as $38.72. picked up the local hardcopy of the catalogue and its the same as online so no ironman BR listed...

only had $35 with me so i'll head back tonight i think..

Most Big W stores keep a copy of the catalogue, but if locally they don't have it with the $35 Blu-ray on it and just the same as online $26 DVD, then get a copy of today's paper - check for the ad, it was in the Herald Sun in Melbourne at $34 and they honoured that. The shelf still said $38.72 the catalogue on their desk $35.

Also try this:http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/imageicon/BGW/Prod/J00003029/C_001/BGW_PROD_J00003029_C_001_R01.pdf?bcsi_scan_A08671E43797813C=0&bcsi_scan_filename=BGW_PROD_J00003029_C_001_R01.pdf

Edited by SDL

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it from Big W for $34 as per the ad in the Herald Sun

Picked up mine this morning at Big W for $34 as well ,Thought they had stuffed up. :D

looks great lots of extras.

The girls on the DVD counter were still using the Entertainment catalouge from earlier this week not the one that starts today.Just get them to scan it it will come up as $34 dollars.

Brendon

Edited by brendonc

Yeah got a few copies today for some people at work @ $34. Noticed at the BigW Bankstown they had a trolley full of both Iron Man and Transformers (BD/DVD) looked like a tie in to the special. Maybe a marketeer somewhere is starting to think...

just picked up a copy at BigW QV Melbourne for $34

About half a dozen copies left.

Hopefully theres no problems with it on my BD30 and hopefully they have fixed up the TrueHD soundtrack defaulting with DRC with the first batch.

Not being at my machine now to check, but I have a feeling they haven't............. [see my previous posts re: the audio].

I just picked it up from big-w springfield lakes (qld), yep $34. Walked in to find out they were rearranging there home entertainment section, no disk's or cd's anywhere to be found. The dude behind the counter told me to come back tomorrow to get it, i told him that's bs so he dissapeared out the back for 10 min and came back with one for me :D . The dude said they only got in 3 copies on blu.

Anyone having any problems having this disk play? I put it in my laptop drive and pretty much nothing happens. Just a blank black screen. Once the ironman blue logo thing came up but it didn't progress from there.

I read this thread over at gamespot THREAD HERE which makes it sound like a common problem on ps3 but on my laptop It just doesn't seem to progress. I have had it on for half an hour and still nothing. All my drivers are up to date and the program is too.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be much appricated.

Anyone having any problems having this disk play? I put it in my laptop drive and pretty much nothing happens. Just a blank black screen. Once the ironman blue logo thing came up but it didn't progress from there.

I read this thread over at gamespot THREAD HERE which makes it sound like a common problem on ps3 but on my laptop It just doesn't seem to progress. I have had it on for half an hour and still nothing. All my drivers are up to date and the program is too.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be much appricated.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&...t&p=1180623

Thanks for that reply. Glad i'm not the only one experiencing the problem but it sure is anoying. I'm guessing it's not connecting to any server now and that is why it is just blank. Feeling like i should have gone with the gold old trusty dvd version at the moment.

Have you tried disabling BD-Live Internet Connection?

That may be the answer I have never had my PS3 connected to the internet and the movie started without any pause whatsoever when I tried it just now. Went straight through to the movie menu and play then had the movie begin.

On my PS3 I get a prompt asking if I want to go online to download the extras, I say no and it then promptly displays the main menu.

I get the prompt everytime I load the disc, and I assume it will keep prompting until I actually download it. Can anyone confirm this?

On my PS3 I get a prompt asking if I want to go online to download the extras, I say no and it then promptly displays the main menu.

I get the prompt everytime I load the disc, and I assume it will keep prompting until I actually download it. Can anyone confirm this?

If you disable BD-Live Internet Connection, it's possible the prompts may stop coming up until you enable it again.

Big W ran an add last night on this Title.

In the add (which I still have on my PVR) price for DVD $24.99 AND 2 DISC bLU rAY $29.95.

tHIS ADD WAS RUN AT LEAST 4 TIMES ON PRIME TIME tv. WOULD HAVE COST THEM at least $40k.

Phoned them today and nobody in the store including store manager knew about ad. Said it was not for that price for DVD or

BD.

Bloody hopeless

Edited by Seismix

Big W ran an add last night on this Title.

In the add (which I still have on my PVR) price for DVD $24.99 AND 2 DISC bLU rAY $29.95.

tHIS ADD WAS RUN AT LEAST 4 TIMES ON PRIME TIME tv. WOULD HAVE COST THEM at least $40k.

Phoned them today and nobody in the store including store manager knew about ad. Said it was not for that price for DVD or

BD.

Bloody hopeless

I thought that was what the ad said, I'll look for the ad tonight and confirm it for myself and might have to call and make a complaint because I've bought it for $34, hopefully if the ad does truly say $29.98, they'll be willing to refund $4.02.

I thought that was what the ad said, I'll look for the ad tonight and confirm it for myself and might have to call and make a complaint because I've bought it for $34, hopefully if the ad does truly say $29.98, they'll be willing to refund $4.02.

The ad you're referring to advertised the single disc DVD version for $24.98 and the 2 disc DVD version for $29.98

Just wondering if the Aussie version disc is region-free so I can play it on my US purchased Sony BDP-S350?

Peter

My copy appears region free as it doesn't specify Region B only, nor Regiona A, B, C. so assume region free.