Panasonic Th-58pz800a And Th-58pz850a

Guest c_y_b

Post this on the "How much you pay" but will post here to FYI -

Heard the worst thing possible today.

Apparantly the 58" Panasonic 850 will be over $8000 but I could have one for $7700. Please tell someone has seen/heard a better price than that. Escpecially when the 58" 700 was out the door for $5500.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparantly the 58" Panasonic 850 will be over $8000 but I could have one for $7700. Please tell someone has seen/heard a better price than that. Escpecially when the 58" 700 was out the door for $5500.

Your just going to have to wait for a good price.Panasonic are notorious for putting a high rrp on a new product release and dropping it to the "real rrp" in a couple of weeks.The 50"850A dropped faster than Monica Lewinsky dropped to her knees :P .That $8999 nonsense.

Actually the 58pz700a can be had for $4500 according to another post.

Just wait a few weeks. At that price panasonic is trying to extort as much money from the paying public.

I know. I purchased a 50pv60a in the first week of its intro only to see the price halve in only a few months!

Wow that is a good starting price considering the rrp. looks like the 58" 850 could get down into the 5k's soon after release

Awesome!! That is looking better. Will wait until Dec/Nov and see how it's looking then I think.

You think it will get down into the 5's that quick? Would be nice but I wouldn't think it would be that quick

Panasonic are definitely going high volume with their PDP production. See story here re million TVs a month and their strategy PDF featuring neo PDP here. It is hard to know exactly when the 58 inch will become high volume, but you have to figure it will.

I wonder what the so called 'global recession' is likely to do to the prices? No doubt the dropping AUS dollar is not going to help much.

And that price was with 5 years warranty (priced at $579). I couldn't beleive it myself..!

Its gonna hit the shelves within the next couple of weeks so only time will tell. I think the price will reach absolutle minimum just before christmas. (Fingers crossed)

Edited by c_y_b

Yup.. Digitalcenter in St Albans Melbourne has it listed at $6326 with 4 years to pay.

I have been hanging all year to buy a new tv.. was set on the kuro 60" but since that never came down in price much and since these things stack up to them (the 8g kuro's that is), i'll be picking one of these babies up in 2 months.

Also this is my first post, love the forums :D.. first time poster long time reader

Any other prices from shops other that webprice?

Yup.. Digitalcenter in St Albans Melbourne has it listed at $6326 with 4 years to pay.

I have been hanging all year to buy a new tv.. was set on the kuro 60" but since that never came down in price much and since these things stack up to them (the 8g kuro's that is), i'll be picking one of these babies up in 2 months.

Also this is my first post, love the forums :D.. first time poster long time reader

Thats good. Early indications that this plasma will be able to be picked up <6K.

Just seen that the RRP on Panasonic's website has dropped to $7699 for the 58PZ850 same as the old 58PZ700A.

At least they are getting a little more realistic.

This is fantastic news, the TV is not even in stores yet and the RRP is reduced by $1300!

And even before its on the shelves, we can now see digital centre offering it for $5535 here

At this rate i might wait for the 65 inch :D

I cant see it getting much lower than that as the 700A's were going for about 4900 in a clearence sale at JB.

Just have to wait for my house to finish now!!!

And even before its on the shelves, we can now see digital centre offering it for $5535 here

At this rate i might wait for the 65 inch :D

I cant see it getting much lower than that as the 700A's were going for about 4900 in a clearence sale at JB.

Just have to wait for my house to finish now!!!

They get a kickback for signing you up to the finance deal.You will have to pay the $6k to get the tv with no strings attached.A bit over 20% below the website rrp would seem a fair and reasonable deal.

They get a kickback for signing you up to the finance deal.You will have to pay the $6k to get the tv with no strings attached.A bit over 20% below the website rrp would seem a fair and reasonable deal.

It says no penalties for early payout. So whats the catch? i.e. if order and payout the difference the following week, will i still not only pay 5535? I see there are terms and conditions but cannot seem to find a loop hole. There is a 25 dollar establishment fee, 2.95/month service fee and 19.25% annual interest on the amount owed, but as i said if you pay it off straightaway, i can only calculate a maximum of 27.25 additional fees. 5552.95 is still a great price!

Edited by c_y_b

It says no penalties for early payout. So whats the catch? i.e. if order and payout the difference the following week, will i still not only pay 5535? I see there are terms and conditions but cannot seem to find a loop hole. There is a 25 dollar establishment fee, 2.95/month service fee and 19.25% annual interest on the amount owed, but as i said if you pay it off straightaway, i can only calculate a maximum of 27.25 additional fees. 5552.95 is still a great price!