Sign in to follow this  
VenomX2

Foxtel New Pricing?

Is Foxtel changing (increasing) their pricing for the different packages? So does it mean those on the current price plans would be paying more as well?

Is Foxtel changing (increasing) their pricing for the different packages? So does it mean those on the current price plans would be paying more as well?

Yeah looks like as of November 1st it goes up. Gone up to $40 for the basic package and a few dollars less for some of the extras.

So for me it's the same price (only look to keep basic + My Sport) at $56. For the Everything package it doesn't change either.

http://www.foxtel.com.au/pdf/foxtel_pricing_brochure.pdf

Yeah looks like as of November 1st it goes up. Gone up to $40 for the basic package and a few dollars less for some of the extras.

So for me it's the same price (only look to keep basic + My Sport) at $56. For the Everything package it doesn't change either.

http://www.foxtel.com.au/pdf/foxtel_pricing_brochure.pdf

Also IQ1 has dropped to $10/month from $14.95/month.

The IQ2 is still showing as $200 install +$10/month. A friend just organised connection with IQ2 and is getting it for $100 since that's apparently going to be a new deal coming out he was told by the person on the phone doing the booking.

Looks like they've turfed the silly $x.95 pricing for round dollar pricing too.

Looks like they've turfed the silly $x.95 pricing for round dollar pricing too.

Yep foxtel said that they have found customers prefer natural pricing so they would be changing to this.

Yes those prices are effective for all customers

Although i dont call it a price increase $0.05 isnt really an increase

Yes i know you can argue that $0.05 on a few packages over the customer base adds up to alot.

Edited by loony

The IQ2 is still showing as $200 install +$10/month. A friend just organised connection with IQ2 and is getting it for $100 since that's apparently going to be a new deal coming out he was told by the person on the phone doing the booking.

I upgraded to IQ2 a week ago but was charged a whole $200 for it :angry2:

And now they are increasing my basic package from $38 to $40. With IQ2 pricing dropping to $10, I thought they were on the right track to attract a large customer base for IQ ... But what are they trying to do by increasing the entry level pricing :unsure:

I upgraded to IQ2 a week ago but was charged a whole $200 for it :angry2:

And now they are increasing my basic package from $38 to $40. With IQ2 pricing dropping to $10, I thought they were on the right track to attract a large customer base for IQ ... But what are they trying to do by increasing the entry level pricing :unsure:

Well that was Sunday. He was already getting it in advance - he didn't know before hand. They probably have to draw the line somewhere....

IQ2 was always $10/month. IQ(1) was $14.95 until this price change.

Yes the basic has gone up from $37.95 to $40, but in my case "My Sport" has dropped from $17.95 to $16. As long as you have one package you should be even (well out 5, 10, 15c etc depending on the number of packages)

Well that was Sunday. He was already getting it in advance - he didn't know before hand. They probably have to draw the line somewhere....

Yes the basic has gone up from $37.95 to $40, but in my case "My Sport" has dropped from $17.95 to $16. As long as you have one package you should be even (well out 5, 10, 15c etc depending on the number of packages)

I guess i missed this boat, you get some then you miss some.

People with just the basic package get charged more and that seems to be the line they have choosen to draw this time. I don't get it, why make basic package expensive if the idea is to get more people on board. Maybe not many people have just the basic package. Or maybe they are trying to rasie their 'pricing sweet spot' above the basic package... remains to be seen if this approach gets them more customers. It is a confusing signal for sure.

I don't have a choice, haven't had one for last 10 yrs. Foxtel covers better world news ( FTA world news is limited to say the least ) and foxtel allows me to add / subtract the cricket when it is on Foxsports / setanta. Only 2 reasons why I have foxtel and the whole aim is simply keep it the down to the least possible cost at all times, unless when cricket is on. But that *least* possible cost seems to be an ever-increasing one :(

Hmmm well I'm also out nearly $100. The new install "offer" is free everything for the first month.

This started yesterday but apparently because mine was only installed yesterday but "created" before that (last week), that doesn't apply to me.

So I have to pay $89 for the platinum for the first month. I rang them and they didn't seem interested in helping but waiting for a supervisor to call me back.

Hmmm well I'm also out nearly $100. The new install "offer" is free everything for the first month.

This started yesterday but apparently because mine was only installed yesterday but "created" before that (last week), that doesn't apply to me.

So I have to pay $89 for the platinum for the first month. I rang them and they didn't seem interested in helping but waiting for a supervisor to call me back.

Well, if you hear anything back then please post back and i will try and get some of my money back too... the chances at this stage seem nil :(

Foxtel is great and IQ2 is even great... I have had it for 10 yrs and can't imagine not having it but we need a strong competetion in Oz to kep fox honest... but before that we all need to go have a lot more kids and multiply our population by 5 times !

lets all have one for the father, one for the mother, one for the country and one for raising competetion in Oz :P:)

So is it now $100 for the iQ2 install???

It still says $200 on the Foxtel website.

And how much is the iQ1 install now?

It seems there is no upgrade charge for iQ1 now and only the $10 per month is payable.

If that is the case is there a self install available on iQ1?

Edited by reni10

It still says $200 on the Foxtel website.

And how much is the iQ1 install now?

It seems there is no upgrade charge for iQ1 now and only the $10 per month is payable.

It would appear IQ1 is free install. Not sure how that works exactly. Whether they just send it out and you sent the original box back or not I'm not sure. This hasn't changed. All that changed was that the monthly fee dropped from $14.95 to $10.

The IQ2 was just what my friend was told when organising satellite on Sunday afternoon. He did mention there was some kind of offer where if you were referred by some one they got a month's free credit. I don't think they got that but got the cheaper IQ2.

That's all I know. I was there when he got the call. He is in the same boat as me though paying the $89 for the first month (+$100 +$10 for IQ2)

I think the fine print next to Easy Start IQ & Easy Start HD+ is based on the old pricing as it states packages (including IQ service fee) are available from as little as 52.90 per month. Surely now the cheapest plan with an IQ is $50 per month! $40 basic & $10 IQ fee

It would appear IQ1 is free install. Not sure how that works exactly. Whether they just send it out and you sent the original box back or not I'm not sure. This hasn't changed. All that changed was that the monthly fee dropped from $14.95 to $10.

The IQ2 was just what my friend was told when organising satellite on Sunday afternoon. He did mention there was some kind of offer where if you were referred by some one they got a month's free credit. I don't think they got that but got the cheaper IQ2.

That's all I know. I was there when he got the call. He is in the same boat as me though paying the $89 for the first month (+$100 +$10 for IQ2)

So your friend just called up and said he wanted iQ2 and they said that it is now $100 install and $10 a month for everyone that calls up to upgrade now?

I guess i missed this boat, you get some then you miss some.

People with just the basic package get charged more and that seems to be the line they have choosen to draw this time. I don't get it, why make basic package expensive if the idea is to get more people on board. Maybe not many people have just the basic package. Or maybe they are trying to rasie their 'pricing sweet spot' above the basic package... remains to be seen if this approach gets them more customers. It is a confusing signal for sure.

I don't have a choice, haven't had one for last 10 yrs. Foxtel covers better world news ( FTA world news is limited to say the least ) and foxtel allows me to add / subtract the cricket when it is on Foxsports / setanta. Only 2 reasons why I have foxtel and the whole aim is simply keep it the down to the least possible cost at all times, unless when cricket is on. But that *least* possible cost seems to be an ever-increasing one :(

Correct me nicely if I am wrong !

but I heard quite a few have been dropping back to just the Basic package so Foxtel increasing that on them and $2 is neither here nor there and then

making the adds a little more attractive by dropping by a few $'s.

I dumped movies ages ago. I dont have IQ2 but I can rent cheap DVD's and get great PQ and still am way ahead. If you watch lots of movies then Foxtel

great deal but I only watch 3 or 4 a month.

So your friend just called up and said he wanted iQ2 and they said that it is now $100 install and $10 a month for everyone that calls up to upgrade now?

He called for a brand new satellite connection. He mentioned some kind of deal he says he got before where he was "referred" by a family member and they got a month free on their account. That was about the limit of the "negotiating" that I remember.

In the end the IQ2 install was $100.

However, as of yesterday, you get the first month free on a new install. The first month I started last week is going to cost me $89. So maybe that's basically what he gave him instead (give or take a few $s). There a couple of "offers" as per the customer service when I rang them today to complain.

Correct me nicely if I am wrong !

but I heard quite a few have been dropping back to just the Basic package so Foxtel increasing that on them and $2 is neither here nor there and then

making the adds a little more attractive by dropping by a few $'s.

I dumped movies ages ago. I dont have IQ2 but I can rent cheap DVD's and get great PQ and still am way ahead. If you watch lots of movies then Foxtel

great deal but I only watch 3 or 4 a month.

you are right, their pricing is no man's land. $2 doesn't bother many of us and hopefully it shouldn't as then we have bigger problems in life to address before coming up with $$ for pay tv really... but an entry level of $40 is steep and i am thinking if it goes up steadily @ $2 per year ( as it has ) then they will steadily slow down in getting new customers... maybe they are planning to roll out a $20-$30 per month Fox-Lite version that sits under the basic package soon... That theory has done some rounds here too recently.

I read in knowfisrt that someone from foxtel said that about 80% of their customers will not have their monthly fee increased, so there cannot be many people on just the basic package.

Look i the ODF file, the IQ2 is still $200

There has been a self install option for the IQ1 for many many years now, about the time it was released.

Of course self install is really only applicable for cable.

If you have never had an IQ1/2 on satellite then it is impossible for you to do a self install.

He called for a brand new satellite connection. He mentioned some kind of deal he says he got before where he was "referred" by a family member and they got a month free on their account. That was about the limit of the "negotiating" that I remember.

In the end the IQ2 install was $100.

However, as of yesterday, you get the first month free on a new install. The first month I started last week is going to cost me $89. So maybe that's basically what he gave him instead (give or take a few $s). There a couple of "offers" as per the customer service when I rang them today to complain.

He has signed up with this deal

http://www.foxtel.com.au/landing/12mths/2.htm

If he got the IQ2 for $100 it was purely because he is a new customer and they were trying to sweeten the deal to have him sign up.

i would just like to remind everyone (and yes this is confirmed from foxtel) that as the basic package price has been increased, all customer contracts are now null and void! the foxtel terms and conditions state that if the basic package price increases during a customers contract term, then the customer will be allowed to terminate the contract with no penalty to the customer (not exact wording but same meaning)

anyone wanting to cancel now is the time

troykm

i would just like to remind everyone (and yes this is confirmed from foxtel) that as the basic package price has been increased, all customer contracts are now null and void! the foxtel terms and conditions state that if the basic package price increases during a customers contract term, then the customer will be allowed to terminate the contract with no penalty to the customer (not exact wording but same meaning)

troykm

for some reason, i find that funny. Who can go from having foxtel to not having foxtel ?

troykm

Thats incorrect.

Foxtel are allowed to increase their prices along with inflation without voiding customer contracts.

They have had an annual price adjustment for some time now, do you think they are that stupid to go voiding all the 12/24 month contracts they have each year.

This is discussed every year when foxtel have adjusted their prices.

for some reason, i find that funny. Who can go from having foxtel to not having foxtel ?

Anyone who has had Foxtel for 12months or more...

Let's face it the Internet is a far better source of HD content than Foxtel. And much cheaper too.. :)

I'm almost at 3 years, and I'm well and truly sick of Foxtel by now. Only so many times you can

watch Fox8 repeats.

Well, I have been steadily reducing my Foxtel from Platinum to Getting Started (more like "Getting Finished" for me) over the past year or two. It's quite likely that I will drop it entirely in the not-too-distant future.

Edited by emibel

And to add, instead of the package selection starting from next month (don't want the Platinum), it stopped working straight away even though the first service rep explicitly said it wouldn't start until October 21st. So I had to call back and get them to re-enable it. If I'm paying for it I damn well want it.

The note to call a supervisor was conveniently left off it appears too, so that probably wasn't going to happen. The second rep said he'd get the first one to call me back which of course I don't want anyway. So they knew who I talked to first but there was no record of request for a supervisor. Obviously the system would have recorded the details if I did.

I'll bet I don't get a call back from them either.

All to be expected from Foxtel customer service I guess. Useless...

Well, I have been steadily reducing my Foxtel from Platinum to Getting Started (more like "Getting Finished" for me) over the past year or two. It's quite likely that I will drop it entirely in the not-too-distant future.

Yep same here.

I have had Foxtel since it first began.

I had Platinum then downgraded that, then got rid of movies to just the Basic package but added in one of the $22.95 packages so could get channels

like Sci fi/History etc.

Now dont watch Sci Fi or should I they call it the Star Trek / Stargate channel. For me its been destroyed with the very high level of repeats.

As another poster said Fox8 getting destroyed as well with high level of repeats. Also Fox Classics............ TV1 I stopped about 2 years ago . Shows

like The Nanny and Hogans Heroes have to be the worst for being repeated.

So am now watching the FTA's again and the extra channels like Sci Fi on Thu nights on Ch 10.

I reckon in the new year will either go with TIVO or just get a really good PVR and flick Foxtel and go with what the FTA's offer and just rent DVD's.

My average viewing times would be Mon-Fri say 6-9:30pm and on weekends similar times but during the day may watch extra 1-2 hrs.