Sign in to follow this  
jd71

Steering Wheel For 360?

Been reading a review of DIRT and how much they reckon the MS wireless wheel works so great with the game, so thought I might get a wheel for me and my son to play racers on. My question, is the microsoft wheel the one to get? And those that have it, is it good for games like burnout paradise as well as the rally games?

thanks a alot

Justin

To be honest I really don't like mine, I tried it with Dirt and Forza2 and found that I was 5 times worse with the wheel than I was with the controller.

I found I fishtailed out of every turn no matter how careful I was.

Maybe it's to do with the settings, but I never got around to messing with them enough, I just gave up it was that bad for me...

I love the wheel with Forza, not as much with GRID or PGR etc though... you really need a cockpit for it though as the knee rests can get annoying..

when i get my 360 back from its second RROD ****up i will be geting the wheel out again for sure

If you are in Melbourne then you can have my MS wheel pretty cheap - I don't really play racing games enough to justify having it take up cupboard space.

Cheers

i thought the wheel was EXCELLENT with dirt. it does take a bit of getting used to, but i played through the whole dirt game with it and loved it.

it is also great for forza, but i am finding it slightly harder on more arcadey games such as test drive unlimited. i am hoping to get pgr 4 soon (JB have it on special for $29 for those playing at home) so will let you know how that goes!