Media Remote For 360?

jd71

Hi

I want a remote for the 360, I see two different kinds (LONG AND SHORT) and lots of various generic ones on ebay. I have my eye on the smaller one, is there any benefit of the larger one besides having a number pad?

thanks a lot

Justin

Hi

I want a remote for the 360, I see two different kinds (LONG AND SHORT) and lots of various generic ones on ebay. I have my eye on the smaller one, is there any benefit of the larger one besides having a number pad?

thanks a lot

Justin

The longer remote with numbers makes for easier channel changing if using the 360 as a media streamer. Otherwise, the short one is fine.

it maybe worth looking into the logitech harmony 360 remote also. its about 60 bucks or so, but will control pretty much any other device known to man as well.... i started using it and now i use it for everything (tv, amp, old xbox, 360, aircon etc)

it maybe worth looking into the logitech harmony 360 remote also. its about 60 bucks or so, but will control pretty much any other device known to man as well.... i started using it and now i use it for everything (tv, amp, old xbox, 360, aircon etc)

The air conditioner! So how often to you lose track of where the logitech is? Old xbox, do you have a wireless kit for it? We have way too many remotes, could be an idea thanks )

to be honest out of the 10k or more ive spent in my lounge in that last year, this 60 dollar remote is one of the key things, and now, i couldnt do without it! id have 10+ remotes without it.

no doubt most of the logitech remotes are similar or better than this as its pretty much the base model but does all i need.

i never lose track of it. only time i use the original remotes is to change settings say on my amp, or tv etc. but for daily viewing logitech is the way

you just record macros. eg "watch tv" for me this powers on STB, AMP, TV puts the tv to hdmi in. then when i use the buttons on the logitech for channel it sends that to the stb, when i do volume it sends to the amp etc

for the old xbox all you need is the infrared reciever (what you plug into the control port for the original xbox remote) and then the logitech already has it in the database so nothing else to do

the only thing i had to teach it was the aircon, but thats a case of plug the logitech into the pc and run the setup tool, then point the aircon remote at the logitech as you teach it each command...

the logitech 525 is the same but different colour and without the abxy buttons for 360 control...

seriously, these remotes will do so much more than the microsoft options if you have an hour or so to set it up to your needs...

Agree completely this remote has been one of the best investments I've made. After some simple setup it makes for seamless AV goodness. Switching from HDTV to XBOX to Foxtel to DVD has never been easier. I've not used any of my other remotes in the last year since buying it!

PS I love the way it lights up when you enter the room by detecting any vibration after it has gone to sleep. It completely freaked out my neighbor who was feeding my fish while we were away. Every time she came in the door the remote would light up! She thought the place was haunted!!

Edited by Corms