Burnout Paradise 360 Questions....

Just today there was a update for BOP, but it wasnt the one that I was expecting, the big release withthe extra cars etc., just wondering what was in this update, does anyone know? Also, it seems that there is more music tracks I havent heard, does anyone know if they are adding tracks with the updates? Seems weird. Only up to 21 cars, taking forever to advance in this one. Anyone play this online? I spose u need gold pass to play it online, havent tried yet.

cheers

Justin

edit: hmm, could be the big release, I guess I wouldnt notice unless I played online it seemed.

Edited by jd71

Also, it seems that there is more music tracks I havent heard, does anyone know if they are adding tracks with the updates?

Heya jd71!

Are you the guy who was chasing up a copy the other week? Forgive my dashed memory, but I couldn't be arsed trawling through forum posts, lol. Anyway, re the music: who cares for "EA Trax" anyway... if you've got an Xbox 360 why aren't you jacked in to your own playlists?

Only up to 21 cars, taking forever to advance in this one. Anyone play this online? I spose u need gold pass to play it online, havent tried yet.

Er, gold pass? You mean XBL Gold Account?

I haven't tried it online yet either, so if you're willing, someday in the not too distant future, we could try it out? TBH, I haven't progressed much further than you; was aiming to bust open all the crash gates and billboards etc. and work up a decent collection of rides before socializing.

Or perhaps I'm hopelessly out of touch with 'teh' online vibe... much preferring the single-player sortie through Condemned 2's FPS mode (chasing up Gold levels there). Anyways, reply back and we can arrange some online time whenever you're ready. ;)

Heya jd71!

Are you the guy who was chasing up a copy the other week? Forgive my dashed memory, but I couldn't be arsed trawling through forum posts, lol. Anyway, re the music: who cares for "EA Trax" anyway... if you've got an Xbox 360 why aren't you jacked in to your own playlists?

Er, gold pass? You mean XBL Gold Account?

I haven't tried it online yet either, so if you're willing, someday in the not too distant future, we could try it out? TBH, I haven't progressed much further than you; was aiming to bust open all the crash gates and billboards etc. and work up a decent collection of rides before socializing.

Or perhaps I'm hopelessly out of touch with 'teh' online vibe... much preferring the single-player sortie through Condemned 2's FPS mode (chasing up Gold levels there). Anyways, reply back and we can arrange some online time whenever you're ready. ;)

Yeh that was me man, are u the guy that was chasing up a copy? I ended up getting one at JB hifi for under 60 bucks last Friday, it was the last one in the shop! so I snapped it, I play it so much and so does my 7yo son its a steal even at 100 bucks, it should be best game ever, or best racing game at least, its unreal!

Yeh Id like to try it out that would be cool, I havent got into the online vibe either, I got a free 1 month gold pass and I played guitar hero 3 with some dude that kicked my ass completely and that was my one and only online game! Although, Burnout paradise looks wicked online, it looks like it would be worth the gold account, yeh dont know where I got the gold pass from lol. I havent got into putting my own tracks in, is it pretty easy? There is a major update out now, but its only for goldies for now, although mine did update, I'm stuffed if I know what it did to it except for changing the menu fonts and pictures. I will dl the cagney update or whatever its called when its avail for silver members, a couple weeks I guess. Im looking forward to the bikes update coming out though, that will kick ass, I wonder if they will have bikes you can ride? I stayed up last night til 12 getting the lambo look alike jansen thing and the formula one car which kicks ass, the kid loves it when I unlock new cars, he knows how to read the map too, so its educational hey!

cheers, thanks for the post

My gamer tag is justind71 if you ever get online, whats yours? Im off to upgrade my licence to A, lol.

regards

Justin

I love Burnout: Paradise. I think it must be one of the most polished games out for the 360. The gameplay is just fantastic. The after-sales support from Criterion is also amazing, with these new content patches.

The recent Cagney patch was largely for Multiplayer updates - some new online "Freeburn" event types, 2 new cars (only usable Online), etc...

The next patch contains Motorbikes, Day/Night cycles, and Weather effects, so that'll be a great patch for single player as well.

I love both single & multiplayer, although I've only tried multiplayer with RL friends - going through the Challenges, doing races, etc... Great fun!

Hey I remember hearing about the Cagney update a few weeks back and thought it was already out. So i loaded up Paradise and it said a patch is available, so i updated, this took about 2 secs and i was in. I was thinking, geez that was quick! and started getting back into single player. But now i just got home, thought id check out game updates on the marketplace and saw the Cagney update for 359mb or something, so i downloading now.

So the patch i did a few weeks ago was something else yeah? Confused lol

Yeh Id like to try it out that would be cool, I havent got into the online vibe either, I got a free 1 month gold pass and I played guitar hero 3 with some dude that kicked my ass completely and that was my one and only online game! Although, Burnout paradise looks wicked online, it looks like it would be worth the gold account, yeh dont know where I got the gold pass from lol. I havent got into putting my own tracks in, is it pretty easy?

Hey again mate!

Yeah, I started with a one-month Gold Trial that came with GTA IV I think, but it's just enough to wet your whistle until Microsoft Support email you with a reminder - like two weeks in - that your "free" trial period will be up soon, and you'd better pony up some more cash. TBH, I went with a headset/one year bundle that JB was doing for $79... only to find out that the headset is the old style (ie, wired as opposed to the $65-only wireless).

Same with the online; only played GTA IV until my left index finger went to sleep (cough, auto-aim) and then retreated offline. Dunno, perhaps I'm becoming anti-social or something - what with all my Blu-ray lovin' and solitary single-player history behind me - but it seems like work + work just to "make" friends online. Far easier to whiz about on your own and take toilet breaks without having to apologize to others.

Re the Xbox 360 CD ripping option: lol, I can't believe you haven't tried it. Just whack in a CD, go to Music Options and choose to "rip" CD. If you're not online (yet), you'll have to manually type in the track names... I did this for like 1,000 songs, only to find out that XBL automatically detects tracks and artists. Yay, no more extra work!! :D

I stayed up last night til 12 getting the lambo look alike jansen thing and the formula one car which kicks ass, the kid loves it when I unlock new cars, he knows how to read the map too, so its educational hey! My gamer tag is justind71 if you ever get online, whats yours? Im off to upgrade my licence to A, lol.

Ah, you've made more progress than me! If memory serves, I'm still on a C License, however now that I'm done with Condemned 2 (lol, completing the game in FPS mode yielded 50G and getting all Gold grades coughed up another 50), I could easily return to Burnout. Not too sure about the hours you keep though - I generally begin playing about 10 PM and rock through the night.

Anyways, my Gamertag is DarkEcstacy. How do we "search" for each other? Go for pot luck and/or arrange a day of the week? Cheers.

Hey I remember hearing about the Cagney update a few weeks back and thought it was already out. So i loaded up Paradise and it said a patch is available, so i updated, this took about 2 secs and i was in. I was thinking, geez that was quick! and started getting back into single player. But now i just got home, thought id check out game updates on the marketplace and saw the Cagney update for 359mb or something, so i downloading now.

So the patch i did a few weeks ago was something else yeah? Confused lol

I've just downloaded Cagney too, but haven't gone back to Burnout yet. TBH, just about EVERY new game I install requires a quick update - even the XBL demos - so I'm getting used to it. No biggie. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hey again mate!

Yeah, I started with a one-month Gold Trial that came with GTA IV I think, but it's just enough to wet your whistle until Microsoft Support email you with a reminder - like two weeks in - that your "free" trial period will be up soon, and you'd better pony up some more cash. TBH, I went with a headset/one year bundle that JB was doing for $79... only to find out that the headset is the old style (ie, wired as opposed to the $65-only wireless).

Same with the online; only played GTA IV until my left index finger went to sleep (cough, auto-aim) and then retreated offline. Dunno, perhaps I'm becoming anti-social or something - what with all my Blu-ray lovin' and solitary single-player history behind me - but it seems like work + work just to "make" friends online. Far easier to whiz about on your own and take toilet breaks without having to apologize to others.

Re the Xbox 360 CD ripping option: lol, I can't believe you haven't tried it. Just whack in a CD, go to Music Options and choose to "rip" CD. If you're not online (yet), you'll have to manually type in the track names... I did this for like 1,000 songs, only to find out that XBL automatically detects tracks and artists. Yay, no more extra work!! :D

Ah, you've made more progress than me! If memory serves, I'm still on a C License, however now that I'm done with Condemned 2 (lol, completing the game in FPS mode yielded 50G and getting all Gold grades coughed up another 50), I could easily return to Burnout. Not too sure about the hours you keep though - I generally begin playing about 10 PM and rock through the night.

Anyways, my Gamertag is DarkEcstacy. How do we "search" for each other? Go for pot luck and/or arrange a day of the week? Cheers.

Hey, havent been on here in a couple weeks. We are up to about 55 percent now in burnout, its getting tougher to win races now, but my son gos mental on it and just gos flat out, I cant convince him to go in races though, he just doesnt want to! Im looking forward to the motorbike update, they are going introduce night time into the game as well, thats going to make a big difference. I havent got a gold account yet but when I do I will look you up in burnout, theres 28,000 people online in last 24 hours they say, I dont know how it works but those figures are insane. I need to find some new games as Im a bit bored with the box at the moment!

Hey, havent been on here in a couple weeks. I havent got a gold account yet but when I do I will look you up in burnout, theres 28,000 people online in last 24 hours they say, I dont know how it works but those figures are insane. I need to find some new games as Im a bit bored with the box at the moment!

Heya jd, don't mind me... I'm always lurking about at these forums.

You'll probably think I'm a piker, but I haven't returned to Burnout since the last post. Reason? I wanted to finish up Lost Odyssey... now pushing the eighty-hour mark - and still not done. I've got one more 'dream' to recall (making it 31/32), several sub-bosses and treasures to complete, along with a presumably big ending. Lol, if you're into long-lasting JRPGs, there's your boredom-killer right there! ;)

Shame about the trainwreck that's turned out to be Too Human (getting crucified in review). With only a two-player online co-op, it would've been ideal for rainy-day Xbox Livers like us! Anyway, when you're ready to play, PM me... I've since changed my Gamertag. Cheers.

P.S. Bought Braid (XBLA) on a whim, but didn't care for it. Also have unplayed demo of SW: Force Unleashed awaiting me, along with an unopened copy of Soul Calibur IV (which I'm aiming to hit up after Odyssey).

Edited by X-phile

P.S. Bought Braid (XBLA) on a whim, but didn't care for it.

I'm curious - did you get past the first world? ("World 2"). Playing the demo, I thought Braid was just Ok after the first world, but each new world adds another twist. It definitely hooked me and I'm brain-melting my way through - a bit over halfway through the game now. I do love the art style & music as well tho, which helps.

I'm curious - did you get past the first world? ("World 2"). Playing the demo, I thought Braid was just Ok after the first world, but each new world adds another twist.

I made it to World 3, but my problem was: I couldn't move on until I got every last piece of a jigsaw. And perhaps I've been spoiled by too many years of 'schmoozing' my way around 3D, but I found after several hours of angulating my left wrist and index finger - to accommodate the hokey 2D mechanics - it was becoming a chore. A frightfully imaginative and surreal chore (c'mon - controlling time never gets old! :P ), but one that I've put on the backburner for now.

I picked up the latest copy of Xbox World 360 on Friday (Issue 69, Oct.) and their double-sided DVD has a great tutorial highlighting each of Braid's six worlds. Once you're essentially clued in (and the DVD does show you a trick or two), it's pretty straightforward. But it does require a modicum of patience.

I made it to World 3, but my problem was: I couldn't move on until I got every last piece of a jigsaw.

Do you mean for yourself psychologically? The next worlds opened up for me once I had traversed the previous world regardless of whether I had all the jigsaw pieces or not.

And perhaps I've been spoiled by too many years of 'schmoozing' my way around 3D, but I found after several hours of angulating my left wrist and index finger - to accommodate the hokey 2D mechanics - it was becoming a chore. A frightfully imaginative and surreal chore (c'mon - controlling time never gets old! :P ), but one that I've put on the backburner for now.

Yeah, I've never liked some of the platformer mechanics Braid has in other games - but having an instant rewind you can use at will as much as you want makes things a lot less frustrating. :D

And it's very satisfying when you figure out an "impossible" puzzle ends up having a relatively easy and ingenious solution.

Do you mean for yourself psychologically? The next worlds opened up for me once I had traversed the previous world regardless of whether I had all the jigsaw pieces or not.

Yes. I could've quite easily leapfrogged from one level to the next, but didn't feel I'd accomplished all I could without snaring every jigsaw piece. Or perhaps I got fed up with not having my trial-and-error rewarded with an obvious 'gimme' (an elusive piece that I'd worked hard to grab).

At the end of the day, I think it boils down to how much time you're prepared to put into something. For time-poor folks who have to juggle work and kids and whatnot, Braid's an easy fit. But, like I said, well into my 80th hour of Lost Odyssey - staggered play over several weeks - and it's not even an imposition. (Well, except for those interminable random battles, grr.)

P.S. I also love how we've hijacked the Burnout thread! Choice. :D

P.S. I also love how we've hijacked the Burnout thread! Choice. :D

Yeh I noticed! doesnt matter, a games a game, Im trying to plod my way through using tversity tonight, I dont know what Im doing but I seem to be adding the media and stuff on there some how, its not real intuitive the 360 for media unlike the xbox 1 version, there I go topic changing again, I was checkign out a game called Fuel coming out in 09 x-phile, its looks amazing, like burnout but in a wasteland with tornados! woohoo, I notice they dont release next gen games anywhere near as quick as the older ones, a lot more complex no doubt!