Sign in to follow this  
Rooksy

Panasonic 50px80a Price

Sott where in Canberra did you get that price quoted ???? I'm in Canberra too and will be buying soon.

GG in Dandenong, VIC were happy to do me for:

1750 standard factory warranty

1929 w/ 5 year onsite warranty (sales guy told me they are doing a deal on the warranties for the next 5 days where you pay for 3 years and get 2 years bonus. So warranty @ 179)

I told him im still shopping around. I have a feeling i can bargain this down a tad more by his body language & speech :D

Some of you must be struggling with doing good negotiations.

Walked into Myer at Warringah Mall last Saturday and got the price of $1531 for the 50PX80A. Talked him into free delivery as there is no stock in their warehouse until the 8th August.

Showed the salesman the printout from one of the earlier posts regarding this price and he went off to see his manager.

After asking for proof of the printout he ok'd the deal. Told him I didn't want the warranty pushing it up to $1800 so I just got the tv for the $1531 with the free delivery.

Should be pretty easy to match this price if you haggle hard.

Showed the salesman the printout from one of the earlier posts regarding this price and he went off to see his manager.

After asking for proof of the printout he ok'd the deal.

What printout is this, just the discussion on this forum? Because I have printed out threads and taken them to retailers who tell me it's just hearsay and doesn't mean anything. I have been told to come back with proof such as an advertised price or a receipt.

What printout is this, just the discussion on this forum? Because I have printed out threads and taken them to retailers who tell me it's just hearsay and doesn't mean anything. I have been told to come back with proof such as an advertised price or a receipt.

yes, just the discussion earlier on here, somebody posted $1800 with the warranty and the invoice price from Myer was $1531 on the receipt. The manager actually asked to keep the printout as he needed it to keep the proof. I was happy to let him keep it once he had given me my price.

Delivery is 13th March.

Unfortunately I didn't win anything on the swim 'n win promotion, but overall very happy with the purchase.

yes, just the discussion earlier on here, somebody posted $1800 with the warranty and the invoice price from Myer was $1531 on the receipt. The manager actually asked to keep the printout as he needed it to keep the proof. I was happy to let him keep it once he had given me my price.

Delivery is 13th March.

Unfortunately I didn't win anything on the swim 'n win promotion, but overall very happy with the purchase.

BB01

I am also in Sydneys north shore and am looking to buy a 50inch 80A. Would it be possible to pick up or have emailed a copy of the receipt?

thanks

Miro

Edited by miro67

BB01

I am also in Sydneys north shore and am looking to buy a 50inch 80A. Would it be possible to pick up or have emailed a copy of the receipt?

thanks

Miro

Hi Miro, Can email it or fax it to you if you supply the details. Cheers

Hi Miro, Can email it or fax it to you if you supply the details. Cheers

BB

My email address is paul_mirams@yahoo.com.au

Thanks in advance its greatly appreciated.

Paul

bb01, would you be able to send me a copy as well? My email address is sonicblue@exemail.com.au , it would be hugely appreciated.

cheers

Edited by pneu

bb01, would you be able to send me a copy as well? My email address is sonicblue@exemail.com.au , it would be hugely appreciated.

cheers

One more for a receipt too bailies5@tpg.com.au

I've been to all Canberra south side venues bing lee, HN, jb.

thats my receipt, glad you got the same price bb01 :) thought I had posted it here? I know I sent it around to a few people on whirlpool forums though.

Its been 3 weeks already and loving this tv.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/2986/myerreceiptnb6.jpg

Thanks for uploading the receipt, I will be using it as leverage next week to also get this price.

It does seem a bit of a coincidence that at least two people on this forum have got this TV from Myer for exactly $1531, maybe this figure is in their system?

I take it that the $269 is for the extended warranty, how many years is this for?

Did you have to get the extra warranty to get the TV for $1531?

Did this also include delivery, or did you pick it up yourself?

Tonight finally bought the 50" 80A from the GG... was originally buying it from HN but GG matched my price for the tv of $1500 from HN and at the moment have a promotion of buy 2 years of warranty and receive 2 free... IMO the GG's have the best Warranty out of all the major retail stores. So the extended warranty for total 5years (includes Manufactures standard 1yr) was $139. You can do the sums of what it cost total for the Plasma and Extended Warranty. :)

Unfortunately, they were out of stock so just waiting for when new stock arrives.. Very happy to get a great price but needed to put in the effort.

Edited by Tuhan

What is the best price for this TV in Brisbane?

I have been trying to get a good deal with little luck. The best I have been able to get is $1930 (TV Only) on 24 months interest free from Chandlers. Unfortunately they are out of stock and are not sure when they will be getting delivery from Panasonic (I have been waiting two weeks so far).

I went to Clive Peters last night to see whether they could do a deal for me. I told the salesmen I have my ute here and would like to take it home tonight if he can give me the right deal. I advised him of the Chandlers deal and I also had a GG catalogue with an advertised price of $1979 which I showed him. Their price was $2200 (they also have a deal on for free extended warrany for 5 years).

He said that he was not authorised to match the $1930 but would go to speak with his manager. He came back shaking his head saying that $1930 is a great deal and they cannot match it. I said OK what about the GG catalogue price of $1979 can you do that. He went back to his manager and came back shaking his head again.

What I find odd is that this TV comes with a 14 day price match guarentee. So if I did purchase the TV at the $2200 they wanted and came back the next day with the GG advertised price they would have had to pay me the difference anyway. It seems like they didn't really want to sell any TV's last night.

I am interested to know how everyone else in Brisbane is going on price. It seems the the prices being paid in Melbourne & Sydney are alot better than what can be found in Brissy.

Regarding the extended warranty, I would imagine that Panasonic also offer their own extended warranty, so what do they charge to extend the warranty on the 50PX80A?

Would the Panasonic warranty be better than the warranty that the store tries to sell you?

Go to any good guys in brisbane and tell them you have a price of $1700 or whatever price you like and tell them you will buy then and there if they can beat it. They will no problems.

I live in brisbane and have got prices less then that from a few stores no problems. I ended up getting the tv with 5yr warranty for under $1700 but like everyone buying now no stock so i have to wait.

I am interested to know how everyone else in Brisbane is going on price. It seems the the prices being paid in Melbourne & Sydney are alot better than what can be found in Brissy.

My Price stated early was from Brisbane... You'll have no trouble as stated by Nihonjin to get the TV under $1700 at most major retailers, but you need to put in the effort. It is well worth it as you can save Hundreds of dollars....

Looks like everyone who didn't believe $1500 will have to eat their words :lol:

The MYER receipt posted on here shows the sale price of $1531 and the extended warranty of $269 for a total of $1800.00 for the 80A. My question is what MYER store was that purchased from please so when i go into MYER here in Canberra i have that info as well as the receipt ! Thanks.

Hi Tuhan,

Can you e-mail copy fo your receipt to anj777@hotmail.com

Great price! Nice negotiating skills.

AK-47

The MYER receipt posted on here shows the sale price of $1531 and the extended warranty of $269 for a total of $1800.00 for the 80A. My question is what MYER store was that purchased from please so when i go into MYER here in Canberra i have that info as well as the receipt ! Thanks.

Yes, there's a few parts of the receipt that are blacked out, was this just personal info that was blacked out?

Also, the receipt doesn't actually have "50PX80A" printed on it, instead it has the Myer catalogue number on it, so it may be hard to use this receipt at stores other than Myer.

Anyway I'm going to try Myer tomorrow with this receipt as see what happens.

Thanks again for the receipt.

The other receipt which was sent out to people via email has the A4 size Myer invoice showing the model number, free delivery and no mention of any warranty.

So theres two receipts ??????????/

Yes, now I am getting PM's asking for it :huh:

To the original owner of the Myer receipt for $1531 - is it ok if I , or someone else, uploads it to imageshack so everyone can use it?

Looks like everyone who didn't believe $1500 will have to eat their words :lol:

Nah, everyone is still waiting for the receipt of $1500 which included 5yr warranty.

it was Myer Chatswood.

Yes, there's a few parts of the receipt that are blacked out, was this just personal info that was blacked out?

yep, just my CC details

To the original owner of the Myer receipt for $1531 - is it ok if I , or someone else, uploads it to imageshack so everyone can use it?

already did it back on page 2 of this thread. Its here http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/2986/myerreceiptnb6.jpg