Sign in to follow this  
Rooksy

Panasonic 50px80a Price

Purchased a TH-50PX80A from Clive Anthony in Tweed Heads on Tuesday for $1250, added in the 4 year extended warranty for $249, so $1499 all up for TV and warranty. I was a bit worried as I left it there until today to pick up and thought they might sell it to someone else, but it all worked out great, picked up that sucker this arv and it's sweet as!

Radio Rentals here in Adelaide are now advertising for $2k when last week it was $1498. Don't know about JB or HN, but looks like this price reduction was for 1 week after xmas, at least in SA.

My advice to those on the fence about purchase is don't wait or you could miss out.

The picture quality is awesome, sound is above average from inbuilt speakers - and xbox 360 looks great. Off to watch some cricket in HD.

Edited by xclusive_gamer

Purchased a TH-50PX80A from Clive Anthony in Tweed Heads on Tuesday for $1250, added in the 4 year extended warranty for $249, so $1499 all up for TV and warranty. I was a bit worried as I left it there until today to pick up and thought they might sell it to someone else, but it all worked out great, picked up that sucker this arv and it's sweet as!

Hi mate, good deal! Just wondering if you'd mind sharing a scan or photo of the receipt? Cheers.

placed an order for the TH-50PX80A for $1650 or so with 3 years extra warranty (total 4 years), from JB. wasn't meant to get it at their advertised price of $1496 as per their website as there is no stock left, and apparently the new stock coming in is at the higher cost price, BUT the guy serving us made a mistake and was caught out. Hopefully JB won't pull off any BS like some of u guys have experienced.

EDIT: btw, do u reckon it'll be obvious if they sneakily give me floor stock???

Edited by toby1234

EDIT: btw, do u reckon it'll be obvious if they sneakily give me floor stock???

Easy.

1) Many TVs have an indicator that tells you how many hours they have been switched on

2) The box won't be sealed and the TV may not be in its original plasticky covering

3) The TV won't go into a self-test and setup mode

4) Dust or other marks on the TV

5) Previously set channels/inputs

Just thought I would let you guys know my experience with trying to buy a Panasonic TH50PX80A over the weekend in Melbourne. As you guys probably know:

JB advertised price: $1496

HN advertised price: $1595

Both specials end Monday the 12th. I thought no worries about picking it up from either store yesterday. I was wrong. Both JB and HN were out of stock at all Vic stories. I rang a combined total of about 15 stores to see if anyone would sell their display unit. HN wouldn’t, and JB had pretty much sold all their display units. Various JB/HN stores were willing to honour that price if I came in and ordered that day with a required deposit ranging from 10%-100%. They couldn’t guarantee a delivery date, only “2-3 weeks”. Hmmm….

I started ringing around the Good Guys stores and most didn’t have any in stock, wouldn’t sell the display unit (most didn’t have one) and wouldn’t match the JB/HN price saying it was below their current cost.

GG at Maribyrnong were quoting $2199. When I mentioned the JB/HN price I was told they were selling them at that price in the past (xmas) but now the best they would do was $1750. Once I questioned the GG price matching policy with Gary, he said as long it was an advertised price and not just “on the internet” then “no worries, bring in the brochure and we’ll match it”. I wandered out there and tried to pickup the latest catalogue from both JB/HN (luckily in the same complex as GG) – unfortunately no catalogues to be found. I had the foresight to print out the catalogues from their websites 1st luckily and GG was willing to accept this.

So bottom line I picked up the TH50PX80A for $1496 from Good Guys in Maribyrnong. They’ve still got some in stock. Ask for Gary (older bloke) – he was really easy and great to deal with. I know some people have been getting them for a cheaper price (with good deals on extended warranty) but considering no-one has them in stock at the moment, I was pretty happy with paying $1496.

That's a good win for you rojerk.

As you have found, stock is almost non existent and it would seem any new stock will probably be at the new higher prices from Panasonic

That's a good win for you rojerk.

As you have found, stock is almost non existent and it would seem any new stock will probably be at the new higher prices from Panasonic

I 'paid' $1595 + $199 for extra 4 year warranty for a 50px80a (via interest free) at HN after the salesman said they would have to order one in that would take 7 -10 business days. I was happy to wait. Wife got a call from HN on Friday saying that stock was not expected to arrive until mid February and did we want a 'credit'. Said we shouldn't have been debited but I was happy to 'lock in' price and will wait for mid February.