Panasonic 50px80a Price

I don't think DSE will let it go for $1531 anymore. The store manager told me that they have been told by the regional manager not to sell at that price anymore. not sure whether it just a bu** s*** or not.

Anyone have any luck with 1531?

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But these are not on-line prices. They are brick and mortar shops (Myer and DSE) which have then had the receipt posted on the net. This is an entirely different thing.

Im not saying that these are online prices. I’m just saying as soon as mention you got these receipts on the internet, their brains automatically think online

Maybe I wasn’t clear in my post.

Im not saying that these are online prices. I’m just saying as soon as mention you got these receipts on the internet, their brains automatically think online

Maybe I wasn’t clear in my post.

yeah that was something long the lines of what i was pointing at... it would negate any CHANCE of complications arising.

Thanks Pneu for explaining how to upload the receipts... I know that most of you aren't having much luck with price matching, but I thought I might give you another bargaining tool... Here is my receipt for the 50PX80A, as explained earlier I was able to get it for $1400 plus $139 for the extended 4yr warranty totaling 5yrs. A Fantastic price of $1539 all up. You won't be able to get it at that price from the store I bought it from, however take it to stores like Good Guys, Myer, Clive Anthony's, etc... Hopefully you'll get some luck with them... Good luck!!

http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p...pyhncopyen0.jpg

Edited by Tuhan

Thanks Pneu for explaining how to upload the receipts... I know that most of you aren't having much luck with price matching, but I thought I might give you another bargaining tool... Here is my receipt for the 50PX80A, as explained earlier I was able to get it for $1400 plus $139 for the extended 4yr warranty totaling 5yrs. A Fantastic price of $1539 all up. You won't be able to get it at that price from the store I bought it from, however take it to stores like Good Guys, Myer, Clive Anthony's, etc... Hopefully you'll get some luck with them... Good luck!!

That is bloody good price, how did you do it!!!!!!!!!!!

That is bloody good price, how did you do it!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm speechless!

wow that is insanely low.... basically RRP of the 70

Why would you expect the price of the PX80 to be more then the PX70? I very much doubt the cost price is higher, if anything the PX70 probably cost more.

yeah i told the guys at DSE powerhouse it was my mate who emailled me a copy of his receipt after i talked to him about which TV to buy. I told them my mate said i should be able to get it for the same price as him from Myers Chatswood (i had the myers receipt printed out in my hand)

So i told them this, showed them the receipt.... and said i wanted to buy the TV "here and now" if they could match the price, because it was more convenient for me than chatswood.

After some discussing, they agreed to match it.

That’s the way to do it, walk in with cash and tell them you will do the deal now if they give you the price others have managed to get. If they think you are just going to take there best price and shop it elsewhere they are unlikely to be forthcoming.

Why would you expect the price of the PX80 to be more then the PX70? I very much doubt the cost price is higher, if anything the PX70 probably cost more.

whoops LOL by 70 i meant 42'' :blush: .... that was a really bad typo.. :blink:

was comparing 42 to 50 inch :wacko: ...haha

owen: got good eyes, your the only one that caught it :P

Anyone notice on the pick up date? 11/11/11?

is that normal?

I picked it up right there and then... Not sure why it says that, but hey, I don't really care!!

Inside contact is why I was able to get it... Read back through the thread and you'll get the explanation of how I did get it that low... Basically its well below cost, including rebates/perks, etc... Which is why I think you will be struggling to get it anywhere near that price...

Lawl!!! $1531!! Such stupidity from the retailer!! If they keep pricing like that, then i'm all for it, since they won't be in business, and I will be... :D

If i had a customer with an interstate recipt come into my shop with a stupid price on it, i'd politely tell them to go back to shop x and buy it. $1849 is the cheapest i've sold that TV, and i've sold plenty of them. Not because I rip people off, but becasue they see the value at $1849 relative to other TV's.

Shops don't have to match prices just because you have a receipt from another shop, and considering most price match/price beat policies are based on advertised price, not final price, the customer isn't always guaranteed an ironclad deal. You can stamp your feet all you want.

I love being threatened with ACCC or "a current affair" on pricing. It's hilarious.

ACCC couldn't give a crap about pricing and price-matching policy, just as long as items aren't sold over MRP (maximum retail price). Honestly, i've seen more cases where ACCC has sided with the shop, as opposed to the customer. (Truth be told, buyers are liars, and the ACCC knows this, and sides with the shop until absolutely proven otherwise.)

www.notalwaysright.com - the truth is found here.

Basically its well below cost, including rebates/perks, etc... Which is why I think you will be struggling to get it anywhere near that price...

Actually the cost price according to a different store is exactly $1539 , so I don't think it's coincidence that your total amount came out to that. If I was to take a guess I'd say they sold it to you at cost and threw in free warranty for an unknown reason (maybe HN employees get free warranty?).

Awesome deal though and thanks for posting the receipt :)

$1849 is the cheapest i've sold that TV, and i've sold plenty of them. Not because I rip people off, but becasue they see the value at $1849 relative to other TV's.

That's fine if you want to sell at $1849, I just won't be buying one from you :)

It's a free market though and if you can make enough business selling at $1849 then more power to ya.

(Truth be told, buyers are liars, and the ACCC knows this, and sides with the shop until absolutely proven otherwise.)

Truth be told - salemen are liars too.

By the way Underd0g, which retailer do you work for so that I know to avoid buying there (from you)?

Not because I rip people off, but becasue they see the value at $1849 relative to other TV's.

Where's the "value" at $1849 compared to "value" at $1531 ? It's like a convenience store charging $5.50 for a bag of Smiths crisps stating that they offer "value" when the same bag is on sale in Woolies for $1.99.

Not because I rip people off, but becasue they see the value at $1849 relative to other TV's.

Haha... Whilst I'm sure that you do move a number of units at said price, and that at the time of purchase your customers saw the 'value' in paying you at least a 20% mark up. What they wont do is come back to you a second time to buy anything, once they find that the TV they bought is being sold for $200-$300 less than they paid a month ago! H-N did this to me blatantly 2 years ago when I paid near full ticket price for an LCD, and it dropped $350 the next week. I raised this with the manager, and he point blank refused to come to the party, hence I will never again give Gerry or Ian any of my hard earned!

But hey, it's your business... and as you say, your not ripping people off. :)

Where's the "value" at $1849 compared to "value" at $1531 ? It's like a convenience store charging $5.50 for a bag of Smiths crisps stating that they offer "value" when the same bag is on sale in Woolies for $1.99.

Hi

Exactly, greed is part of Human nature,if a store can get $2000 for a $1500 item they will,its only competition that keeps everything in check. I purchased a pair(large floorstanders) of Mission speakers a few Years ago, $1699 RRP, after negotiating with the salesman the price ended up $1100. I returned the next Day with a van to pick them up and the salesman apologetically said he had sold them, "you won't believe this,a guy came in and paid full retail, i couldn't miss the oportunity,thats a weeks salary." He was honest,didn't bulls### and said he had ordered another pair and would have them delivered to my house along with a sub(demo model from store) or i could have a refund. I accepted the new deal but the point of all this is the Dealer/Sales Staff are there to maximise profit and make money,anyone who trusts their opinion/judgements should bear that in mind.

My favourite dislike,other than there parrot type sales spiels, with sales staff is when they rubbish a product they don't sell.

Hi

Exactly, greed is part of Human nature,if a store can get $2000 for a $1500 item they will,its only competition that keeps everything in check.

think of it more like people getting a $2000 item for $1500 bucks. (glass is half full) It doesn't happen often, but if somebody is stupid enough to do it, mate, take it and run.

think of it more like people getting a $2000 item for $1500 bucks. (glass is half full) It doesn't happen often, but if somebody is stupid enough to do it, mate, take it and run.

So you've never let a TV go at cost price to family or friends as a favour? What about if you are x units away from reaching a sales target and you want to clear some stock? What if you would just rather have the sale and make a very small profit on it than let some other store get the sale?

actually i just realised with all this price matching hoohaah most stores dont have to honour the price match to a receipt as their store policies are: 'price matching an advertised price' as i saw some on mention it earlier i think Officeworks, HN, DSE and GG do it ..... so really it is to there descretion if they are to price match it. Saying that though descretion never hurt anyone, neither did a smile :)

some of the comments here are real funny though :lol: some people are unbelievably wound up( Basil: buying and sellings things @ a cost price dont pay the bill and the wages, the money has to come from somewhere.... unless they have money trees :o )

oh and question are all pana's made in china now? even the LCD'S?

actually i just realised with all this price matching hoohaah most stores dont have to honour the price match to a receipt as their store policies are: 'price matching an advertised price' as i saw some on mention it earlier i think Officeworks, HN, DSE and GG do it ..... so really it is to there descretion if they are to price match it. Saying that though descretion never hurt anyone, neither did a smile :)

some of the comments here are real funny though :lol: some people are unbelievably wound up( Basil: buying and sellings things @ a cost price dont pay the bill and the wages, the money has to come from somewhere.... unless they have money trees :o )

oh and question are all pana's made in china now? even the LCD'S?

Hi

I was just having a OT 'babble' while waiting for a Ebay item i was selling to expire, i know the Post states the 'bleeding obvious' re the store making money however it amazes me how some buyers treat sales staff as their new best friend ,hanging on every word and somehow thinking the seller is giving them a special price,anyway just MPO.

Panny. make the actual Plasma Panel itself in Japan(there are links on this Forum to the new plant),then the surrounds/casing and electronics are added in China for the majority of models. They are still making top-end models in their Japan factories(eg 850a) but i noticed on the web a couple of Weeks ago these factories(Japan) are gearing up to

produce OLED TV's from 2010. Not sure what Panny. doing re LCD's.

EDIT...Panny OLED Link

There another more informative(2010 Mass Production Start) English language article on it,if i can find it again i will Post.

Edited by Basil