Panasonic 50px80a Price

They're not being very generous. Believe me the cost price is definitely around the $1500 mark, you just have to get a good sales person on a good day and the manager in charge has to be willing to let you have one for cheap, it's just luck really. Of course it helps to be polite too.

Oh please don't do that.

Went to HN at Knox today. They could do $2000 for the 50-80A including 4 years extra warranty and $1400 for the 42-8a including 4 years warranty. That was without much talking from me. Thought that was ok. Am going back next weekend to show them the cash to try and get a bit more out of them maybe $1900 with warranty :rolleyes: and $1300 for the 42

Like the look of the pana over the lg.. plus the price I got for a 50 and 42 lg wasn’t that much less that the quote from HN.

Might take the receipts and show them what the guys up north are getting... or bring them a box of Chocolates ;)

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not being very generous. Believe me the cost price is definitely around the $1500 mark, you just have to get a good sales person on a good day and the manager in charge has to be willing to let you have one for cheap, it's just luck really. Of course it helps to be polite too.

Oh please don't do that.

yeh prices in this thread are insane...and nothing beats a happy customer..lol

What happen with the price matching policy here....

Should lodge a complain wif ACCC...

hahaha you go do that... :rolleyes: should ask them also why they dont price match the US or ebay :)

with attitudes like that you wonder why service aint what it use to be ;)

That's because they don't have any in stock and macquirie has a few. Tonite is the last day to get into the swim promotion.

Even i call them before hand and one of the staff agreed to match the price.

He even mention that it could be consider a fraud by printing the receipt from the internet and sharing with everyone...

Welldone Dick Smith..

Everyone try and hold off purchase 'til mid September when new stock comes flooding into the country !

The whole world has been buying plasma TV's for the games

At the moment there is a world shortage, not a good time to buy !

There will be new promotions and sales incentives galore by the end of next month !

Everyone try and hold off purchase 'til mid September when new stock comes flooding into the country !

The whole world has been buying plasma TV's for the games

At the moment there is a world shortage, not a good time to buy !

There will be new promotions and sales incentives galore by the end of next month !

Hi

I hope your right,looking to buy a 80 or 800/850 before Xmas but i have been told,no inside knowledge just an aside from a friendly HN salesman last W/end, that the prices have bottomed out and there will be a 5-10%(Aussie $ drop) rise pre-December. Whether Panasonic pass this on or absorb it is a another question but there was a distinct lack of price matching amongst the Gold Coast stores we visited(hoping to pick up a post Olympics bargain) Yesterday.

What's the deal with some of these Sales Assistants? Do they really have to give such attitude when asked if they can match a price? Most of time, people are just asking politely. It's not like they're demanding a certain price. If the store is going to advertise their price matching policy, then they should stand by it. And even if they can't, they should at least be polite about it, rather than giving the potential buyer such attitude.

He even mention that it could be consider a fraud by printing the receipt from the internet and sharing with everyone...

Welldone Dick Smith..

If DSE's salesman wants to call copying someone's receipt off the Internet as a fraud, then the onus of evidence is on the salesman. You have produced a receipt and he has to prove that it is a fake. You cannot accuse someone of being a criminal without having evidence to back up your claim.

Then again, I've seen all kinds of rotten people out there. Clive Anthony's Castle Hill was the worst. Some guy scanned a receipt for a Bravia and posted it online. He got a call from the store, after which Clive Anthony's general manager for NSW threatened him with dire consequences if he did not remove it. He was forced into deleting the receipt and issung a public apology, so I guess we aren't too far from becoming another Zimbabwe.

Went to HN at Knox today. They could do $2000 for the 50-80A including 4 years extra warranty and $1400 for the 42-8a including 4 years warranty. That was without much talking from me. Thought that was ok.

I just paid 1398 for the 42-8a with 4 years extra warranty at Domayne Alexandria.

what i dont understand is that why you would tell them you got it from an online source.... it just seems like you asking for trouble...honestly.. :rolleyes:

but yeh if they pull crap like that on you call there head office and say if nothing is done you'll sue them.:P

sorry to hear you guys are having problems matching my price of $1531 for the 50px80a at DSE.

On a side note, i did call Myers Castle Hill, and it seemed they were quite willing to match the myers chatswood price of $1531 over the phone. Ive forgotten the name of the dude i talked to, but he sounded youngish and really energetic - eager for a sale i rekon.

If it helps you guys get a better price... i went back into DSE Powerhouse nth parramatta and upgraded my sale. I got the 4 years extra warranty, and also asked to get the TomTom GPS + surge protector bundle pack.

This brought the price up tp $2180 - it might be easier to target that price, as they are making decent margins on the warranty.

To me, it was still good value:

Value of GPS = $380

Therfore, the 50PX80A with 5 years warranty = $1800.

Good luck guys! I hope you are successful.

what i dont understand is that why you would tell them you got it from an online source.... it just seems like you asking for trouble...honestly.. :rolleyes:

Why is this asking for trouble? Whenever I bring the receipts in I usually end up mentioning they are what other people have been getting and they posted their receipts on the net.

Why is this asking for trouble? Whenever I bring the receipts in I usually end up mentioning they are what other people have been getting and they posted their receipts on the net.

I sure wouldn’t mention I got my receipts online and that it was being posted on the net. Why?Most of the big retailers simply baulk at trying to beat online prices and immediately brush you off.

When I bought my px70 using someones JB receipt, I just told the salesperson and manager that I got it from a friend. In the end, after a few looks of disbelief they agreed to match the price.

I sure wouldn’t mention I got my receipts online and that it was being posted on the net. Why?Most of the big retailers simply baulk at trying to beat online prices and immediately brush you off.

But these are not on-line prices. They are brick and mortar shops (Myer and DSE) which have then had the receipt posted on the net. This is an entirely different thing.

As promised in the main Pana price thread I will post my receipt $1531 from DS Powerhouse in Chatswood however I can't work out how -any tips?

If you've already scanned the receipt there is free hosting at imageshack (imageshack.us).

If you're having trouble scanning it you need to use an app that supports scanning, I think MS Paint does it (File-From Scanner) or Adobe Photoshop (File-Import) but there should be some scanning software that came with your scanner that will do it too.

cheers

yeah i told the guys at DSE powerhouse it was my mate who emailled me a copy of his receipt after i talked to him about which TV to buy. I told them my mate said i should be able to get it for the same price as him from Myers Chatswood (i had the myers receipt printed out in my hand)

So i told them this, showed them the receipt.... and said i wanted to buy the TV "here and now" if they could match the price, because it was more convenient for me than chatswood.

After some discussing, they agreed to match it.