Panasonic 50px80a Price

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks......I had seen that receipt. My recent posts were aimed at Scott as he supposedly bought in Canberra which is where i am and wanted a copy of his receipt !

He may want to keep the sale private for now as the TV is likely on order and posting a receipt may come to the attention of the retailer which could have an undesirable effect.

He may want to keep the sale private for now as the TV is likely on order and posting a receipt may come to the attention of the retailer which could have an undesirable effect.

EXACTLY Rigth Pneu.... This is why most people don't upload their receipts, until they have actually received the TV in house! We will let you know what we have got and for what price, but until the TV is in my house I wouldn't give away the saleepersons name or the suburb of the store...

Rooksy, instead of demanding a reciept, how about you get up and do some work to bargain down the price. It is not hard, just requires effort...

Rooksy, instead of demanding a reciept, how about you get up and do some work to bargain down the price. It is not hard, just requires effort...
This I must admit is something that irks me about best price threads. I am all for them in providing uneducated folk about what sort of prices can be achieved. Someone goes out and bargains hard (or by luck happens across a store at the right time) and gets a great price, then others want a receipt copy and all the hard work done for them.

Just having knowledge of what is achieveable should be enough for people to get out there and negotiate a great deal!

problem is you go into a store and ask them to price match an interstate store and they wont . I tried that with Good guys and HN and they would not have a bar of it. they actually questioned if it was hot! How the same company just different location wont match the price seems rather odd to me

sadly Melbourne isn't coming to the party to get it for under $2000 with 5 years.

maybe post olympics

Guest pnutonstick

Hi folks, long time reader, first time poster! I've done a bit of hunting in Melbourne - JB, Myers, David Jones, Dick Smith. Myers offered $1,790 + Free delivery, which was the lowest I could find. Dick Smith bloke reckons it was red hot, should go for it, as he could get no where close. He seemed sincere, nice young fella. JB offered to price match, but those blokes are so dodgy, I'd rather not buy off a bloke with tomato sauce on a 12 year old tour T-shirt. Seems that stock is a little thin on the ground right now though...

And for what it's worth, I have done the reading, done the legwork, and was absolutely wrapped to see this thread to help me battle the store droids and big retailers - come on, let's help each other out! :)

Hi,Just joined to say thanks to the people who supplied those two reciepts.I printed them out and took them both to Myers Chatswood and showed them to the salesperson and asked him to match them.

Showed him the first reciept and he matched the $1531 after doing some checks but said the 5 year warranty was $349.Then showed him the other reciept with the free delivery on it and he matched that as well.

Total price $1880.Will be delivered next Monday.

Really appreciated having those reciepts!!!

Thanks again.

:lol: I'll be posting that receipt late next week. So yes $1500 with 5yrs warranty is achievable but it depends heavily on how much the store needs the sale.

NetGX, did you end up buying the TH-50PX80A for $1500 with 5 year warranty and free delivery?

I have done the legwork to nearly every outlet in Canberra and can't even get close to that price which is why i was keen on getting Scotts receipt !

Hi Rooksy,

I have no reason to post lies, I simply don't have a scanner.

If you still doubt me, then meet me somewhere and I'll give you a photocopy and show you the original. If not shut your mouth!!

Scott.

pnut, myer is $1650 in Melbourne. that was 3 weeks ago now. i still thought that too high given what i've read here.

You should go to myer at highpoint and ask for John and try for the $1531 , tell him your mate paid $1650 3 weeks ago and can you match myer chatswood at $1531. i asked him for 1`531 3 weeks ago but he could not do it , perhpas now he can. he's read this forum so your welcome to mention DTV forum. he works weekends

pnut, myer is $1650 in Melbourne. that was 3 weeks ago now. i still thought that too high given what i've read here.

You should go to myer at highpoint and ask for John and try for the $1531 , tell him your mate paid $1650 3 weeks ago and can you match myer chatswood at $1531. i asked him for 1`531 3 weeks ago but he could not do it , perhpas now he can. he's read this forum so your welcome to mention DTV forum. he works weekends

Hope this will shut you up....

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=69521

Thanks for the advice about the camera attachment.

Scott.

Guest pnutonstick

Thanks Renegade, appreciate the assistance. I'll give it a crack and let you know... I'll be certainly be printing out those receipts as well for a bit of backup...

Thanks Scott ! Yes i was beginning to doubt you so yes I apologise for that.

At least that ended amicably. I've seen salesmen using filthy language rejecting good price receipts, even if they see it on the forum. In fact, some of them trawl around the price threads looking for cheapest deals, then going back to their stores fully prepared with excuses and snappy answers.

At least that ended amicably. I've seen salesmen using filthy language rejecting good price receipts, even if they see it on the forum. In fact, some of them trawl around the price threads looking for cheapest deals, then going back to their stores fully prepared with excuses and snappy answers.

Yeah one of the excuses I have been getting is that "they must have bought other stuff with it" even though the receipts show it's just for the TV. Anyway it doesn't matter cause all the stores are sold out of them and won't be getting any more til mid September <_<

Is this really true? I was about to go buy one today. I guess i may as well wait till mid September.

Those who live in the Brisbane Area there Some stock just came in at Harvey Norman Oxley... You might want to try there.

Anyone in Melb managed to get a sweet deal? Went to a local Retravision yesterday and best he could offer me was $1950! :(

Did you sell it to him?

Negotiation means that if you don't get it at the price you want you can walk away and try elsewhere. Prices maybe a little harder to negotiate if stock is low and with the Olympics underway, they would be preying on your want to get a screen ASAP.

The first store you walk into isn't going to be the cheapest and IME Retravision have never really been competitive in the areas I shop.

Guest pnutonstick

Done! Finally I have plonked down the hard earned and bought the TH-50PX80A. After getting an initial quotes of 2000, 1997, 1990, 1799 from JB, HN, DJs, Myer and DickSmith (not respectively), the lowest quote was finally $1700 including delivery from JB. I went in today to hand over the cash and was told they had no stock (despite being told they did yesterday arvo, I suspect they told me that to get me into the store). Bit annoyed with that.

So I wandered up to DJs, the only place left in Melbourne with stock. (All other stores suggesting mid September delivery of new 42" and 50" 80A models!)

Where I got it for $1770 including delivery. So, no where near as great as some have managed, but I could not wait another month. Happy with that, given that the sticker price was "on special" @ $1999.

And I was getting a hard time getting any lower than $1700 anywhere in Melbourne. Pretty satisfied that in this part of the world, that would not be far off best available high street price.

As a final side note, the HN rep (over the phone) went straight into shi**y mode once I requested a $1650 including delivery - "less than cost blah blah etc." I did not think this an outrageous opening gambig considering receipts posted here, and the fact I already had $1700 on offer. His attuitude and voice manner was awful, and it literally took him all of 30 seconds before he cracked it. I was quite happy to accept a higher counter offer, but his attitude was so immediately bad that I decided I would buy elsewhere. Which I did.

Looking forward to hooking this bad boy up!