• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read the other thread you will have seen a report of $1500 , receipt pending.

My brother was given a price of $1500 but nothing else included ie no extra warranty or delivery.

apparently the cost price of these is about $1491 most places are prepared to go this low as they get good rebates from panasonic.

Yeah always receipt pending.......I don't believe that price for one second !

:lol: I'll be posting that receipt late next week. So yes $1500 with 5yrs warranty is achievable but it depends heavily on how much the store needs the sale.

What state/area did you buy that in monte ???? So it was Dick Smith Powerhouse ?

Do people think that better deals will be on offer after the Olympics as I'm in no rush as the house that i am building is a few months off being completed ?

What state/area did you buy that in monte ???? So it was Dick Smith Powerhouse ?

Do people think that better deals will be on offer after the Olympics as I'm in no rush as the house that i am building is a few months off being completed ?

Yes, PowerHouse (dicky smithy) in Carnegie VIC

I bought this a couple of weeks ago so I think you should be able to beat my price easily, considering the Olympics is only a few weeks away.

BTW, very happy with the pana!

Yes, PowerHouse (dicky smithy) in Carnegie VIC

I bought this a couple of weeks ago so I think you should be able to beat my price easily, considering the Olympics is only a few weeks away.

BTW, very happy with the pana!

Powerhouse also has a package deal which includes a TomTom GPS & Belkin surge protector for $2076. Add $300 for 5 year warranty. If you want a GPS, could be the way to go.

Personally, I'm looking for a bare bones deal. I'm waiting til next week (end of month - salesmen more keen to do deals???) and hope I can get a 50px80a for $1500, but think 1600-1700 is more likely what I will have to pay.

Powerhouse also has a package deal which includes a TomTom GPS & Belkin surge protector for $2076. Add $300 for 5 year warranty. If you want a GPS, could be the way to go.

I asked this question in another thread but was wondering if you could haggle the price down if you didn't want the free TomTom GPS and Belkin Surge Protector.

Also how much do Dick Smith charge for delivery? is it the same from all stores? does it depend how far they have to travel?, or do people haggle over that as well?

I asked this question in another thread but was wondering if you could haggle the price down if you didn't want the free TomTom GPS and Belkin Surge Protector.

Also how much do Dick Smith charge for delivery? is it the same from all stores? does it depend how far they have to travel?, or do people haggle over that as well?

Dick Smiths claim the extras are worth $487, but the cost to them is much less of course, maybe $250? So in theory they should come down that much. Personally I wouldn't bother - better to keep the deal simple. There are plenty of other retailers out there. Or go for the deal & sell the GPS on Ebay.

In Melb, the best I could get for TV only was $1900 from Myer. JB offered 1950. DSE offered $2000 (without bonuses).

Was hoping to get lower than that, so all in all not a very successfull bargaining day for me :(

Munich, you not doing too well with $1900. Myer offered me $1650 standard warranty or $1920 with 3 years total warranty. this was 2 weeks ago now. HN was $2010 with 5 years also. Forget Jb, they are the worst.

i want the 5 years so i'm hoping this $1500 with 5 years can be obtained somewhere in Melbourne in the near future.

I'm still waiting for some proof of claims that you can get this plasma for $1500 B)

NetGX says later this week, I'm guessing maybe Thursday or Friday? Sit tight B)

I'm still waiting for some proof of claims that you can get this plasma for $1500 B)

If you want proof then go into the shop yourself and do some negotiations. It wont take much effort to convince someone at the Good Guys, Harvey Norman or even Myers to give you this price. You think people here make things up just for the fun of it? Fact is it can be bought for this and mine is on order so im happy.

If you want proof then go into the shop yourself and do some negotiations. It wont take much effort to convince someone at the Good Guys, Harvey Norman or even Myers to give you this price. You think people here make things up just for the fun of it? Fact is it can be bought for this and mine is on order so im happy.

Anyone beat $1850 in Canberra? Without extended warranty that is.

Scott321

powerhouse charge $60 for delivery - depends where u live though

can get it delivered n installed for an additional $88 - so $148 in total

bonus additional belkin surge pack when you have it installed too, n they're $99 retail

My guess is that the demand is moderately high due to the Olympics, and pricing needs to be fairly competitive to "get that sale" before the "other guy" gets it.

After the Olympics there may be a glut of plasmas on the market to shift, but maybe not, as some people might be waiting for the plasma purchased before the Olympics.

Of course this is just my guess, and things may be the total opposite, and huge savings could be made after the Olympics.

:)

I will be going into some shops to negotiate tomorrow.

Given that there are over 60,000 members of this forum, then yes, there has to be a few who bend the truth or simply make things up!

If someone claims to have bought something for what seems a bargain price, I need more convicing than an anonymous claim on the net. :rolleyes:

I will be going into some shops to negotiate tomorrow.

Given that there are over 60,000 members of this forum, then yes, there has to be a few who bend the truth or simply make things up!

If someone claims to have bought something for what seems a bargain price, I need more convicing than an anonymous claim on the net. :rolleyes:

If there are any dealers out there willing to sell me one for under $1800 pm me.

GG in Dandenong, VIC were happy to do me for:

1750 standard factory warranty

1929 w/ 5 year onsite warranty (sales guy told me they are doing a deal on the warranties for the next 5 days where you pay for 3 years and get 2 years bonus. So warranty @ 179)

I told him im still shopping around. I have a feeling i can bargain this down a tad more by his body language & speech :D

Some of you must be struggling with doing good negotiations.

Walked into Myer at Warringah Mall last Saturday and got the price of $1531 for the 50PX80A. Talked him into free delivery as there is no stock in their warehouse until the 8th August.

Showed the salesman the printout from one of the earlier posts regarding this price and he went off to see his manager.

After asking for proof of the printout he ok'd the deal. Told him I didn't want the warranty pushing it up to $1800 so I just got the tv for the $1531 with the free delivery.

Should be pretty easy to match this price if you haggle hard.

Showed the salesman the printout from one of the earlier posts regarding this price and he went off to see his manager.

After asking for proof of the printout he ok'd the deal.

What printout is this, just the discussion on this forum? Because I have printed out threads and taken them to retailers who tell me it's just hearsay and doesn't mean anything. I have been told to come back with proof such as an advertised price or a receipt.

What printout is this, just the discussion on this forum? Because I have printed out threads and taken them to retailers who tell me it's just hearsay and doesn't mean anything. I have been told to come back with proof such as an advertised price or a receipt.

yes, just the discussion earlier on here, somebody posted $1800 with the warranty and the invoice price from Myer was $1531 on the receipt. The manager actually asked to keep the printout as he needed it to keep the proof. I was happy to let him keep it once he had given me my price.

Delivery is 13th March.

Unfortunately I didn't win anything on the swim 'n win promotion, but overall very happy with the purchase.

yes, just the discussion earlier on here, somebody posted $1800 with the warranty and the invoice price from Myer was $1531 on the receipt. The manager actually asked to keep the printout as he needed it to keep the proof. I was happy to let him keep it once he had given me my price.

Delivery is 13th March.

Unfortunately I didn't win anything on the swim 'n win promotion, but overall very happy with the purchase.

BB01

I am also in Sydneys north shore and am looking to buy a 50inch 80A. Would it be possible to pick up or have emailed a copy of the receipt?

thanks

Miro

Edited by miro67
BB01

I am also in Sydneys north shore and am looking to buy a 50inch 80A. Would it be possible to pick up or have emailed a copy of the receipt?

thanks

Miro

Hi Miro, Can email it or fax it to you if you supply the details. Cheers

Hi Miro, Can email it or fax it to you if you supply the details. Cheers

BB

My email address is paul_mirams@yahoo.com.au

Thanks in advance its greatly appreciated.

Paul

bb01, would you be able to send me a copy as well? My email address is sonicblue@exemail.com.au , it would be hugely appreciated.

cheers

Edited by pneu
bb01, would you be able to send me a copy as well? My email address is sonicblue@exemail.com.au , it would be hugely appreciated.

cheers

One more for a receipt too bailies5@tpg.com.au

I've been to all Canberra south side venues bing lee, HN, jb.

thats my receipt, glad you got the same price bb01 :) thought I had posted it here? I know I sent it around to a few people on whirlpool forums though.

Its been 3 weeks already and loving this tv.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/2986/myerreceiptnb6.jpg

Thanks for uploading the receipt, I will be using it as leverage next week to also get this price.

It does seem a bit of a coincidence that at least two people on this forum have got this TV from Myer for exactly $1531, maybe this figure is in their system?

I take it that the $269 is for the extended warranty, how many years is this for?

Did you have to get the extra warranty to get the TV for $1531?

Did this also include delivery, or did you pick it up yourself?

Tonight finally bought the 50" 80A from the GG... was originally buying it from HN but GG matched my price for the tv of $1500 from HN and at the moment have a promotion of buy 2 years of warranty and receive 2 free... IMO the GG's have the best Warranty out of all the major retail stores. So the extended warranty for total 5years (includes Manufactures standard 1yr) was $139. You can do the sums of what it cost total for the Plasma and Extended Warranty. :)

Unfortunately, they were out of stock so just waiting for when new stock arrives.. Very happy to get a great price but needed to put in the effort.

Edited by Tuhan

What is the best price for this TV in Brisbane?

I have been trying to get a good deal with little luck. The best I have been able to get is $1930 (TV Only) on 24 months interest free from Chandlers. Unfortunately they are out of stock and are not sure when they will be getting delivery from Panasonic (I have been waiting two weeks so far).

I went to Clive Peters last night to see whether they could do a deal for me. I told the salesmen I have my ute here and would like to take it home tonight if he can give me the right deal. I advised him of the Chandlers deal and I also had a GG catalogue with an advertised price of $1979 which I showed him. Their price was $2200 (they also have a deal on for free extended warrany for 5 years).

He said that he was not authorised to match the $1930 but would go to speak with his manager. He came back shaking his head saying that $1930 is a great deal and they cannot match it. I said OK what about the GG catalogue price of $1979 can you do that. He went back to his manager and came back shaking his head again.

What I find odd is that this TV comes with a 14 day price match guarentee. So if I did purchase the TV at the $2200 they wanted and came back the next day with the GG advertised price they would have had to pay me the difference anyway. It seems like they didn't really want to sell any TV's last night.

I am interested to know how everyone else in Brisbane is going on price. It seems the the prices being paid in Melbourne & Sydney are alot better than what can be found in Brissy.

Regarding the extended warranty, I would imagine that Panasonic also offer their own extended warranty, so what do they charge to extend the warranty on the 50PX80A?

Would the Panasonic warranty be better than the warranty that the store tries to sell you?