Sign in to follow this  
Rooksy

Panasonic 50px80a Price

Can anyone please let me know what is the best price that they have got for the Panasonic 50PX80A including 5 year extended warranty and from where ? Thanks.

If you read the other thread you will have seen a report of $1500 , receipt pending.

Yeah always receipt pending.......I don't believe that price for one second !

Can anyone please let me know what is the best price that they have got for the Panasonic 50PX80A including 5 year extended warranty and from where ? Thanks.

$1999 with extened 4yr warranty = total 5yrs warranty

Powerhouse

If you read the other thread you will have seen a report of $1500 , receipt pending.

My brother was given a price of $1500 but nothing else included ie no extra warranty or delivery.

apparently the cost price of these is about $1491 most places are prepared to go this low as they get good rebates from panasonic.

Yeah always receipt pending.......I don't believe that price for one second !

:lol: I'll be posting that receipt late next week. So yes $1500 with 5yrs warranty is achievable but it depends heavily on how much the store needs the sale.

What state/area did you buy that in monte ???? So it was Dick Smith Powerhouse ?

Do people think that better deals will be on offer after the Olympics as I'm in no rush as the house that i am building is a few months off being completed ?

What state/area did you buy that in monte ???? So it was Dick Smith Powerhouse ?

Do people think that better deals will be on offer after the Olympics as I'm in no rush as the house that i am building is a few months off being completed ?

Yes, PowerHouse (dicky smithy) in Carnegie VIC

I bought this a couple of weeks ago so I think you should be able to beat my price easily, considering the Olympics is only a few weeks away.

BTW, very happy with the pana!

Yes, PowerHouse (dicky smithy) in Carnegie VIC

I bought this a couple of weeks ago so I think you should be able to beat my price easily, considering the Olympics is only a few weeks away.

BTW, very happy with the pana!

Powerhouse also has a package deal which includes a TomTom GPS & Belkin surge protector for $2076. Add $300 for 5 year warranty. If you want a GPS, could be the way to go.

Personally, I'm looking for a bare bones deal. I'm waiting til next week (end of month - salesmen more keen to do deals???) and hope I can get a 50px80a for $1500, but think 1600-1700 is more likely what I will have to pay.

So what is the best price people have gotten it for and do they have a reciept they could email.

Looking at buying this weekend hopefully.

Powerhouse also has a package deal which includes a TomTom GPS & Belkin surge protector for $2076. Add $300 for 5 year warranty. If you want a GPS, could be the way to go.

I asked this question in another thread but was wondering if you could haggle the price down if you didn't want the free TomTom GPS and Belkin Surge Protector.

Also how much do Dick Smith charge for delivery? is it the same from all stores? does it depend how far they have to travel?, or do people haggle over that as well?

I asked this question in another thread but was wondering if you could haggle the price down if you didn't want the free TomTom GPS and Belkin Surge Protector.

Also how much do Dick Smith charge for delivery? is it the same from all stores? does it depend how far they have to travel?, or do people haggle over that as well?

Dick Smiths claim the extras are worth $487, but the cost to them is much less of course, maybe $250? So in theory they should come down that much. Personally I wouldn't bother - better to keep the deal simple. There are plenty of other retailers out there. Or go for the deal & sell the GPS on Ebay.

In Melb, the best I could get for TV only was $1900 from Myer. JB offered 1950. DSE offered $2000 (without bonuses).

Was hoping to get lower than that, so all in all not a very successfull bargaining day for me :(

Munich, you not doing too well with $1900. Myer offered me $1650 standard warranty or $1920 with 3 years total warranty. this was 2 weeks ago now. HN was $2010 with 5 years also. Forget Jb, they are the worst.

i want the 5 years so i'm hoping this $1500 with 5 years can be obtained somewhere in Melbourne in the near future.

I'm still waiting for some proof of claims that you can get this plasma for $1500 B)

NetGX says later this week, I'm guessing maybe Thursday or Friday? Sit tight B)

I'm still waiting for some proof of claims that you can get this plasma for $1500 B)

If you want proof then go into the shop yourself and do some negotiations. It wont take much effort to convince someone at the Good Guys, Harvey Norman or even Myers to give you this price. You think people here make things up just for the fun of it? Fact is it can be bought for this and mine is on order so im happy.

If you want proof then go into the shop yourself and do some negotiations. It wont take much effort to convince someone at the Good Guys, Harvey Norman or even Myers to give you this price. You think people here make things up just for the fun of it? Fact is it can be bought for this and mine is on order so im happy.

Anyone beat $1850 in Canberra? Without extended warranty that is.

Scott321

powerhouse charge $60 for delivery - depends where u live though

can get it delivered n installed for an additional $88 - so $148 in total

bonus additional belkin surge pack when you have it installed too, n they're $99 retail

My guess is that the demand is moderately high due to the Olympics, and pricing needs to be fairly competitive to "get that sale" before the "other guy" gets it.

After the Olympics there may be a glut of plasmas on the market to shift, but maybe not, as some people might be waiting for the plasma purchased before the Olympics.

Of course this is just my guess, and things may be the total opposite, and huge savings could be made after the Olympics.

:)

I will be going into some shops to negotiate tomorrow.

Given that there are over 60,000 members of this forum, then yes, there has to be a few who bend the truth or simply make things up!

If someone claims to have bought something for what seems a bargain price, I need more convicing than an anonymous claim on the net. :rolleyes:

I will be going into some shops to negotiate tomorrow.

Given that there are over 60,000 members of this forum, then yes, there has to be a few who bend the truth or simply make things up!

If someone claims to have bought something for what seems a bargain price, I need more convicing than an anonymous claim on the net. :rolleyes:

If there are any dealers out there willing to sell me one for under $1800 pm me.