Samsung 6-series Firmware

For lack of a better thread to post this in, the 1013.0 firmware is out. Anyone upgraded to this and have they noticed any changes?

I just upgraded my 52" 650 LCD today. Ran smoothly, took about 5 minutes to update. I haven't noticed any changes though. The picture looks slightly more vibrant, but could be me looking for something that's not there, or the fact that it reset all the colour settings.

Would be interested to hear whether anyone else has noticed any changes.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, just emailed Samsung about the upgrade.

also asked them why they don't give details about what each firmware upgrade does on their site. It'll be interesting to see their reply.

can't actually check it on my TV because I still don't have it (damn Xmas delays :( )

well, just emailed Samsung about the upgrade.

also asked them why they don't give details about what each firmware upgrade does on their site. It'll be interesting to see their reply.

can't actually check it on my TV because I still don't have it (damn Xmas delays :( )

Well done, ****'s me enormously that they expect people to upgrade for apparently no reason.

I upgraded, and I tell myself every time that the AMP is better, and this time I think it actually is.

Usually on LOW I can last about 10 mins without leaping from my chair and turning if to off to remove the ridiculous soap opera film effect.

Last night I watched 3 hours worth of, record DTV, live HD, and a couple of xvids and I only noticed a fraction of the effect, certainly not enough to be bothered by.

We're still not using the PEARL firmware which UK are using.

Dear Adam,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Care. Each country has different version numbers for their products. Also Model number vary also.

Take care and have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Samsung Customer Care

http://www.samsung.com.au

the answer that I got from Samsung when asking about the possible difference between the UK and Australian firmware numbering.

kind of figured they'd be different, and so reading between the lines, you could maybe assume that the upgrades are at the same point, the UK just started earlier, or have had more updates than us?

I love vague answers to specific questions. It makes life more unpredictable... <_<

still no answer on my request for info about the latest firmware upgrade though...

Edited by XoX

Dear Adam,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Care. Each country has different version numbers for their products. Also Model number vary also.

Take care and have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Samsung Customer Care

http://www.samsung.com.au

the answer that I got from Samsung when asking about the possible difference between the UK and Australian firmware numbering.

kind of figured they'd be different, and so reading between the lines, you could maybe assume that the upgrades are at the same point, the UK just started earlier, or have had more updates than us?

I love vague answers to specific questions. It makes life more unpredictable... <_<

still no answer on my request for info about the latest firmware upgrade though...

Well that was useless of them. I think the UK are using the PEARL firmware while we're using AMBER.

Well that was useless of them. I think the UK are using the PEARL firmware while we're using AMBER.

Fish!: is there any difference other than the names?

Was your question re: what's actually on the firmware seperate to the one u got a response to?

Stazi: it was sent as a separate question, so on the off chance it got lost, I sent the question again. still no reply though.

almost like they want to keep it a secret... :ninja:

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

and yes, still no response... <_<

reminds me I need to check the firmware my recently (finally) aquired TV has. have a feeling it's the version in question that Samsung recently released, which would give me even less of a clue as to what it changed.

do remember noticing a listing in the TV menu of an optional, earlier firmware version? does this mean it lets you load the previous version as an alternative?

Well done, ****'s me enormously that they expect people to upgrade for apparently no reason.

Think you will find that they dont actually encourage people to upgrade unless they are experiencing problems. Performing firmware updates is done pretty much at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...
and yes, still no response... <_<

reminds me I need to check the firmware my recently (finally) aquired TV has. have a feeling it's the version in question that Samsung recently released, which would give me even less of a clue as to what it changed.

do remember noticing a listing in the TV menu of an optional, earlier firmware version? does this mean it lets you load the previous version as an alternative?

Yes you can roll back to the previous version if the current version is no good for you.

Anyone got any answers from samsung on what the latest version does?

• 6 months later...

Hi

I have an LA46A650A1F, and I was wondering why I can't do a firmware upgrade by using the channel option (over the air), the option is just greyed out and unavailable.

Can anyone do their firmware upgrade OTA, or is it something that is not available to Samsung TV's in Australia? A mate in Sydney has a Sony and does his OTA.

Also, in the settings, the Picture in Picture option is also greyed out. Any ideas why ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Little confused, just bought the LA55B650 - seems the TV has a ver of 1009, Aus samsung site has a released version of 1007. US firmware version is 1013. Are you able to use the us version on an Aus TV? will it freak it up or anything?

Hi All,

Little confused, just bought the LA55B650 - seems the TV has a ver of 1009, Aus samsung site has a released version of 1007. US firmware version is 1013. Are you able to use the us version on an Aus TV? will it freak it up or anything?

If there is nothing wrong with the tv, you should probably not even worry about updating firmware.

If there is nothing wrong with the tv, you should probably not even worry about updating firmware.

LOL - TOO LATE - figured it out, it was actually version 1000 - updated it to 1007. Even though there was a number flaoting around indicating 1009 in the info display. No issues after update to 1007. cheers.