Samsung 52" Series 6 Price Melb: $3450

That's what I paid for mine, from Myer, incl. 5 year & delivery.

I just took a printout from DigitalCentres great prices, and said I'd prefer to buy locally, and they near-matched it.

eg;

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/531400/s...l-hd-1080p.html

Sales guys were friendly, and once I showed them the print-out, they went away and came back with that offer with minimal haggling.

I was originally going for the 46", which they offered for $2600 flat, but the 52" was too tempting. :D

As an observation - we were dealing with one sales guy first, went away for a think, came back and dealt with a different guy. There was no pressure to close the deal then & there. ie; I'm guessing Myer sales guys don't get personal commission on sales, which removes some of the bias & sale pressure.

*subscribed*

I cant decide if i should go for the LA52A650 or the PS50A650

I had a similar dilemma, but mine revolved around the price point. I was choosing between the Samsung 46" LCD (LA46A650) or the 50" Plasma (PS50A650). Both were roughly the same price but the plasma had another 4" over the LCD (obviously).

Both units were nigh-on identical in features, specs and performance.

I have (at the moment) decided on the LCD for the following reasons:

> I would prefer the (marginally) lower power consumption & (significantly!) lower heat dissipation of the LCD over the extra 4" of the plasma.

> (If it /ever/ comes to it) I can replace the back-light of the LCD to return to 100% brightness vs unreplacable (irreplaceable?) gasses in the plasma.

> I can't guarantee that a plasma will be treated properly in my house re Burn-In, etc.

> It will be easier to mount the lighter LCD.

> I would be happy with the 46" - I didn't NEED the 50"

If I was in the market for a minimum 50", my choice would have been simple between your two displays - I'd get the Plasma hands-down and save the cash for oh-i-don't-know-maybe-a calibration colorimeter/colourimeter? :D

I also promised myself I wouldn't go looking at any more reviews or opinions, but it looks like I've blown that promise already! ;-)

Edited by Phrak

• 2 weeks later...
That's what I paid for mine, from Myer, incl. 5 year & delivery.

I just took a printout from DigitalCentres great prices, and said I'd prefer to buy locally, and they near-matched it.

eg;

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/531400/s...l-hd-1080p.html

Sales guys were friendly, and once I showed them the print-out, they went away and came back with that offer with minimal haggling.

I was originally going for the 46", which they offered for $2600 flat, but the 52" was too tempting. :D

As an observation - we were dealing with one sales guy first, went away for a think, came back and dealt with a different guy. There was no pressure to close the deal then & there. ie; I'm guessing Myer sales guys don't get personal commission on sales, which removes some of the bias & sale pressure.

Dortamur,

Which Myer store did you go to? Do you remember the name of the salespeople?

Much appreciated.