Sign in to follow this  
Lukass1503560035

New Panasonic 50" Th-50pz800a

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie and have just purchased the PZ800A. What i was wondering is how to set the system up so that the sound from the tv runs through my receiver and hence the home theatre speakers.

Please use laymans terms, i am just a wannabe at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Ratter78

Ummm have you tried reading the instruction manual that came with your panny - it tells you how to do it in that.

:D

I am a newbie and have just purchased the PZ800A. What i was wondering is how to set the system up so that the sound from the tv runs through my receiver and hence the home theatre speakers.

You need an optical cable from the back of the TV to your AVR. This will allow DD5.1 when broadcast on HD channels, otherwise it's just 2.0.

The other option is to use RCAs o the Monitor out on the back of the TV (Red/white cable) into your AVR. Optical wuld be the preferred option though.

Hello again,

Thanks Sydney guy but as i said... i have purchased... am still yet to receive. I was curious because my i have tried to do this with my Samsung (old model) but i can only get normal tv to do it and not DTV.

Thanks for the info diesel.

Regards,

Ratter78

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Ratter78

Easy peasy Ratter78

Just run those red and white cables (RCA's) from the farthest left red and whites on the back of the TV(When looking from behind) to spare red and white inputs,"DTV" hopefully but any will do, (CD, PHONO, TUNER, AUX) on the back of your amplifier/receiver/AVR.

If you can't figure that out, put them into the red and white inputs on the front of amp and select AUX on AMP

Turn on amp and set it to the same source as whatever ones you plugged into "DTV" (CD, PHONO, TUNER, AUX),

Listen to great sound

You will notice a big difference between HD and SD sound if you have surround set up

Thats it

Other Info

Think of is as the TV is constantly sending sound out of those red and whites (or optical) so it you want to hear it you just need to run them to something that will amplify it.

If you have an optical input on amp, then run from optical out of TV (squarish hole with red light) to same on receiver. (you will have to buy optical cable)

Optical is the better option for sound quality

Last step is to turn down sound on TV (don't mute as it leaves red mute symbol on screen)

Then sound is completely controlled by Amp.

Volume of TV does not affect signal sent to Amp

HDMI cable does not carry sound on Panasonic 50" Th-50pz800a, must use red and whites or optical

IMO don't spend more than $20 on red and whites, if no optical, if amp less than 2 metres from TV, as I doubt you could tell the difference, not sure what optical costs, about the same

Good luck,

You will love my Panasonic 50" Th-50pz800a, even the wife thinks its was a good investment

For all connection options (such as above) refer to manual

Edited by bainf

Thank you very much bainf!

Regards,

Ratter78

Too easy Ratter78

We were all noobies back in the day.

got my 800a delivered yesterday, going from the 700a is a BIG difference, stoked! very happy with this unit. cant wait to try a blue ray, anyway, thats my 2 bob. :D

got my 800a delivered yesterday, going from the 700a is a BIG difference, stoked! very happy with this unit. cant wait to try a blue ray, anyway, thats my 2 bob. :D

hey mate, may i ask where u got it and how much? im in the market for one n might take the dive this weekend

hey mate, may i ask where u got it and how much? im in the market for one n might take the dive this weekend
sorry mate, but ya asking the wrong person, cause i won the sucker so i cant realy help ya there. try good guys. good luck!

Confirmed, 1080i @50/60hz only for component input. 1080p via HDMI

Can anyone tell me if this model does 1080p on component ?

I don't think you can get 1080P out of anything rather than via HDMI.

Everything that seems to transmit or receive 1080P has HDMI anyway so its an easy choice

Hi all,

Thanks to this forum, I was able to get a copy of a receipt from someone else and had a price match in Queensland. If anyone is interested, Videopro at Macgregor will do this TV with the additional 4 yr warranty for $2699 (but must be bundled with warranty). I also got the Samsung DVD player with HDMI and upscaling for $99.

Those who may want this same deal should seek Dylan at the store. Link for a copy of the docket. Tried to get the same deal at WOW sight and sound Underwood but they didn't have stock, and Good Guys Oxley/Loganholme can't match the price nor can Clive Peters at MacGregor.

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=docket1wn5.jpg

Cheers

PS - what a shame that I missed out on the Swim to Win promotion, that would have at least knocked the price of the TV down by another few hundred dollars if I had won something :(

Edited by x_d

Hi all,

Thanks to this forum, I was able to get a copy of a receipt from someone else and had a price match in Queensland. If anyone is interested, Videopro at Macgregor will do this TV with the additional 4 yr warranty for $2699 (but must be bundled with warranty). I also got the Samsung DVD player with HDMI and upscaling for $99.

Those who may want this same deal should seek Dylan at the store. Link for a copy of the docket. Tried to get the same deal at WOW sight and sound Underwood but they didn't have stock, and Good Guys Oxley/Loganholme can't match the price nor can Clive Peters at MacGregor.

Cheers

PS - what a shame that I missed out on the Swim to Win promotion, that would have at least knocked the price of the TV down by another few hundred dollars if I had won something :(

Thats the cheapest yet...... nice one !!!

Hi all,

$2,699 WITH 4YR WARRANY Nice!!

Mate of mine bought one from Clive P for $2,600, just standard warrantee though, ask for Sufz! (I would spend the tad more and get the 850 now)

CP

If anyone was thinking of buying this set from Myers, this is a good weekend to do so as they have double Myer points on Sat/Sun.

I also got the Samsung DVD player with HDMI and upscaling for $99.

I paid $2700 for Panasonic 50" Th-50pz800a a month ago. Well done to all others on agood price anf warranty. My friend got that Samsung DVD player with HDMI for $69 two weekends ago (ticketed sale price but it was only for "that weekend") He loves it, came with HDMI cable.

just got one from HN Marion SA. got the 50in 800A + extra 4yrs + delivery for $2974 ($2000 on 50mos interest free promo and the rest is cash. I was going to pay more cash but to get the 50 mos, it needs to be a minimum of $2000).

much much better price (same TV and warranty period) than what I got from DJ West Lakes SA. $3200 + delivery :( and the guy was obviously lying when he said he has spoken to the salesman in the Myer Marion receipt that I have been using. tsk tsk

thanks everyone specially to Spero!

Edited by jarthel

how does the 850a compare with the 800a? whats better about it?

Check out Panasonic website for comparison

http://panasonic.com.au/products/compare.c...amp;sortBy=name

My Summary

800a versus 850A

Below are the only spec differences

5,120 Equivalent Steps of Gradation for 134 Billion Viewable Colours versus Deep Colour, Digital Cinema Colour, SRS TruSurround XT

20 watts verses 34

3 HDMI versus 4

is slightlly heavier and bigger dimensions

It has a deluxe different remote (could be interesting)

IMO the most useful upgrade

PAT versus PIP/PAP/PAT/Channel Search (1 tuner)

850A gets picture in picture,picture and picture, picture and TTEXT and I guess Channel Search displays many channels at once for you to pick

IMO It had want to be less than $100 more before I would consider it, unless you had to have 4 HDMI

Cheers

Edited by bainf

any suggestions for a community accepted break-in settings? also how long do I break it in?

thank you :)

Just picked up one of these on the weekend and i am very very impressed.

Ive noticed some people say it doesnt handle sports very well but i dont watch sports at all so its not an issue. for movies the contrast is amazing and motion is so smooth. the ps3 and xbox 360 looked great and animation (cars) blew me away. even a dvdrip .avi looked good. i was worried SD stuff would look terrible.

money well spent.