New Panasonic 50" Th-50pz800a

I can email the receipt no problem there. In regards to audio7ech's question its with normal warranty. The 5 year extended warranty is $349 I was keen to get it but my wife talked me out of it as she always says to me "You'll upgrade in 6 months anyway so no point in spending the extra cash" which is true just in case we get the 850 series I might wanna get that.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does appear that the 50" PZ800 has hit the ground.

Just rang the local JB & Good Guys and they both have taken delvieries today.

I still can't believe that the go price is already down to $2,600. This much less than I first anticpated that these would cost. I'm hoping that I can secure that price in the next couple of days.

The 50" PZ800 is now nearly half the price of the 50" Full HD Kuro. Most reviews only thave the current Kuro just ahead or even with the PZ800 and some even have the PZ800 in front. Not sure how you can justify double the price for the Pioneer right now.

Hooray,

Just had 50" PZ800A lined up for $2600 at Harvey Norman Greensborough, Local GG in Bayswater just match price, so I got it there as delivery was cheaper. Great price, and apparently achievable in most places - some sort of rebates etc.

Delivery tomorrow.

Hooray,

Just had 50" PZ800A lined up for $2600 at Harvey Norman Greensborough, Local GG in Bayswater just match price, so I got it there as delivery was cheaper. Great price, and apparently achievable in most places - some sort of rebates etc.

Delivery tomorrow.

May I ask who you spoke to at HN in Greensborough? I would like to ring them up tomorrow and if they can give me that price, pay for 2 in full there and then. I was in JB Hifi Knox and they had it up there for $3391 ticket, cost was $2950 or something like that. The plasma's looked really dull next to a Sony/Samsung LCD, Im assuming its due to the lighting and low factory settings?

Thanks mate.

Edited by eddiemess

Hi all, 50" 800A is being delivered today so looking forward to it and will let you all know how it is. So if your keen I would suggest HN Greensborough.

hi, i'm new to this site but i'd just like to say that is a fantastic deal.

if you don't mind, could you please send a copy of the receipt without the personal details?

daronng -@- hotmail -dot- -com-

thank you! =)

Based on the reply from vxuereb, I just rang HN and asked to speak to someone in the TV section - ended up speaking to Luke. I mentioned that I had read here that someone had got a good deal, and can he repeat it. He checked the computer, found the sale and said yes.

So I thought I would try locally at GG, mentioned HN could do the deal, at first they said NO. The salesman Daniel, said hold on a sec, I'll check to see if there is any other bonus or something. 2 minutes later, he said that he could match the deal.

I didn't need any receipts at either of these stores, so don't think anyone else will either. Also plenty of stock.

Good luck

Based on the reply from vxuereb, I just rang HN and asked to speak to someone in the TV section - ended up speaking to Luke. I mentioned that I had read here that someone had got a good deal, and can he repeat it. He checked the computer, found the sale and said yes.

So I thought I would try locally at GG, mentioned HN could do the deal, at first they said NO. The salesman Daniel, said hold on a sec, I'll check to see if there is any other bonus or something. 2 minutes later, he said that he could match the deal.

I didn't need any receipts at either of these stores, so don't think anyone else will either. Also plenty of stock.

Good luck

Anyone seen any of these in Perth yet? Also the "rebate" mentioned... is that for wholesalers or consumers?

Hi All,

Harvey Norman Greensborough Victoria has the new 800A 50" in stock I received a call yesterday, I had a deposit it on it a over a week ago, $2600 is the price I got it for.

Hi mate. Great deal. Do you mind flicking the receipt my way as well. van_nostrum at hotmail dot com.

Cheers.

If you sit 2.9m back from the TV, is there any point in getting the 50PZ800 as opposed to getting one of the 50PX80 ?

What other benefits , apart from 1080p, does the 50PZ800 have?

30000:1 contrast vs 15000:1 contrast. Before I get jumped on by Owen et al, I only use this as a comparison between two models of the same brand.

5120 vs 4096 colour steps (not sure this would make much difference)

Swivel Stand on the 50PZ800

24p vs 24p Real Cinema

BBE surround sound

Intelligent Frame Creation (which apparently is better off)

Personally I prefer the look of the 50PX80 but am likely to buy the 50PZ800.

You could always bother to read the brochure and/or manuals:

http://panasonic.com.au/content/library/files/F002148.pdf

Just purchased the 50" PZ800 for $2,600 from the Good Guys.

They were very reluctant to do that price, however when told that other Good Guys branches and a Harvey Norman branch had done $2,600 they agreed to match the price (no proof was required)

Thanks for everyones help on the forum.

Delivery tomorrow morning, can't wait ..... just missed the delivery window for today, was keen to watch the big Geelong V Hawthorn game tonight :)

Hi All,

Harvey Norman Greensborough Victoria has the new 800A 50" in stock I received a call yesterday, I had a deposit it on it a over a week ago, $2600 is the price I got it for.

I've just come across the forum and I can't believe the amount of information available. It really is fantastic.

Is there any chance that you could send the receipt to me as well please.

dickieh AT gmail DOT COM

Be much appreciated if you could.

also thanks to all that have supplied links to good HDMI cables. I'll be getting some of those as well :)

can't wait to get my tv

I spoke to Harvey Norman Nunawading over the phone today to see if they could match the HN Greensborough price, which he said "No way" to, I mentioned some sort of rebate to him and he said he would go and talk to the panasonic rep, came back about 5minutes later and said still no way. Rang Greensborough and they said they could do it....

Anyone seen any of these in Perth yet? Also the "rebate" mentioned... is that for wholesalers or consumers?

I was told on Tuesday that these units didn't arrive in Perth till early August. But I was quoted $2700 at HN, Osborne Park.

Having said that I have spent quite a bit of money there over last couple of years...and the sale guy knows this. but he said that was his BEST price for me.

Cheers

FG

Having read the earlier entries in this thread regarding the problems with fast moving sport, I'm now not so sure I should get the 50" 800 or the 50" 700. Having seen all the info about how plasmas are so much better at handling fast moving images such as sport, now I read about this! And at the same time there doesn't seem to be any problems with the Samsung LCDs handling sport which totally contradicts everything!

I'm confused...

Having read the earlier entries in this thread regarding the problems with fast moving sport, I'm now not so sure I should get the 50" 800 or the 50" 700. Having seen all the info about how plasmas are so much better at handling fast moving images such as sport, now I read about this! And at the same time there doesn't seem to be any problems with the Samsung LCDs handling sport which totally contradicts everything!

I'm confused...

Best you go and look at one yourself and see what you prefer,

Having read the earlier entries in this thread regarding the problems with fast moving sport, I'm now not so sure I should get the 50" 800 or the 50" 700.

Most of it is due to poor transmission bitrates by the broadcasters.

Put on a DVD or BD with fast moving scenes and you won't see any issues on a Pana plasma

I'm confused...

The TV has no problem,it's just to good for the cr@p broadcast.Panasonic can't dumb down a product to suit Australian conditions just because we never invested in HD technology like the rest of the world.If you want to see a great sporting broadcast move to Europe or the US. ;)

I was told on Tuesday that these units didn't arrive in Perth till early August. But I was quoted $2700 at HN, Osborne Park.

Having said that I have spent quite a bit of money there over last couple of years...and the sale guy knows this. but he said that was his BEST price for me.

Cheers

FG

Cheers Flash .. hard to believe it would take two weeks to get here after it has landed over east .. but we are the "wait awhile" state after all.

Hi guys, If you speak to Michael at HN Greensborough, he will look after you there is no need for a receipt. I did all this by phone as I live in the west and I wasn't gonna drive down there. Paid COD and I haven't even met the guy in person but he is very easy to talk to and will look after you no questions asked. 1 bit of advice.....if its the TV you want and you know how it performs there is no need wasting your petrol driving around just ring, this is how I have done my TV purchases in the past and they(retailers) will always give you the best deal dosnt matter in person or not just as long as you give a deposit and they know your serious.

Good luck guys

30000:1 contrast vs 15000:1 contrast. Before I get jumped on by Owen et al, I only use this as a comparison between two models of the same brand.

5120 vs 4096 colour steps (not sure this would make much difference)

Swivel Stand on the 50PZ800

24p vs 24p Real Cinema

BBE surround sound

Intelligent Frame Creation (which apparently is better off)

Personally I prefer the look of the 50PX80 but am likely to buy the 50PZ800.

While viewing both screens at 3 meters in store, with a blu-ray movie on, I couldn't see any difference.

The 50PX80 actually looked brighter, like the LCD next to it, while the 50pz800 looked slightly duller.

I was trying to find a reason for outlaying $1k more but I couldn't see it. I wasn't able to compare FTA TV or SD dvd scaling but I'm still looking at other stores.