New Panasonic 50" Th-50pz800a

on their website it says the 800a has a swivel stand included , the picture doesn't look like its a swivel stand.. is it a misprint ?

"Swivel Stand supplied as standard."

It maybe the 42" comes with a swivel stand and the 50" does not. That was what they did with the PX600 series

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

becareful PZ800 is not 30:000:1 contrast, its overrated!! Pana's cheating!

does anyone here actually buy a tv based on what these companies say abt contrast ratio... let your eyes be the judge and for the price its quite good..

on their website it says the 800a has a swivel stand included , the picture doesn't look like its a swivel stand.. is it a misprint ?

"Swivel Stand supplied as standard."

I have the 46PZ800 and it has the swivel stand, but does not look like one. It is like a 'lazy susan' base. The whole base swivels on top of the disc that is part of the stand. If that makes sense.

Has anyone heard any updates as to when the 50" PZ800 stock will land and be available in store?

(JB had it advertised as being available from the 28th July, but I was in one of their branches on the weekend and they didn't sound overly confident in having the stock instore by the 28th).

Edited by jimmymeup

I've been told by HN Brisbane that stock are due in during the last week of July. Hope that helps...

I'm about to order one and hunting for a comparison prices, what are people being Quoted??? I've been given prices around $2800 (no extra warranty).

also what is the possibility of haggling warranty as i have been quoted another almost $500 for an additional 4 years. I do want more warranty, however what is it worth?

Edited by -dmw-

I think I got a really great deal on Sunday at HN Caringbah.

50pz800a $2900 inc del, extended to 5 years warranty and monster surge board (ht200). Placed a deposit with balance due on delivery.

Also, entered the swim2win promo and won a Blu-ray player...

Happy days. :D

50pz800a $2900 inc del, extended to 5 years warranty and monster surge board (ht200). Placed a deposit with balance due on delivery.

NICE...I am going green.

That is a great deal, if it's not to impolite to ask, would you be able to send a copy of the receipt for that???

cheers

Edited by -dmw-

That is a great deal, if it's not to impolite to ask, would you be able to send a copy of the receipt for that???

cheers

Same question as that is an awesome deal as my mate is looking at getting one to. Even better that you won a Blu-Ray player so you are set to go. Only thing that you didn't get thrown in was a HDMI cable but for the price you got who cares :)

No HDMI cable. Im going to order some off foxtail...

I have no scanner but assure you that its all correct. I took advantage of a good price on the tv I was quoted last week then went back when HN caringbah had in inhouse promo of the other items thrown in for free. They were not happy but I am.

Invoice shows,

plasma $2700

Ext warranty $150

Delivery $50

No mention of surge board but will take that up with them when tv arrives. I have the ad from the Leader

Has anyone actually seen this set working in the flesh.

I am waiting on mine via a prize and there is no retailer in Adelaide that has this in stock yet.

Have any of the interstate members seen this set in the stores?

Myer has quoted me $2980 with 2 more years warranty and delivery. I also get about $60 in gift certs as using Myer 1, so not to bad.

I have not placed a deposit so might try to get a better deal when i walk in the door tomorrow... also trying to get a TV unit and PS3 so i hope i can get a better deal on both of those.

also with the pana swim to win comp, do you have to pay in full as it ends tomorrow, would be good to win a decent prize.... laternately i could hold off adn see what prices end up being when the TVs actually hit the floor.... damn so many variables to way up.

Myer has quoted me $2980 with 2 more years warranty and delivery. I also get about $60 in gift certs as using Myer 1, so not to bad.

I have not placed a deposit so might try to get a better deal when i walk in the door tomorrow... also trying to get a TV unit and PS3 so i hope i can get a better deal on both of those.

also with the pana swim to win comp, do you have to pay in full as it ends tomorrow, would be good to win a decent prize.... laternately i could hold off adn see what prices end up being when the TVs actually hit the floor.... damn so many variables to way up.

Pana comp finishes 24/08/08 not 24/07 .... ;)

You still have a month!

Do you mind to pass the copy of the receipt please.... that was awesome deal :o

thank you...

No HDMI cable. Im going to order some off foxtail...

I have no scanner but assure you that its all correct. I took advantage of a good price on the tv I was quoted last week then went back when HN caringbah had in inhouse promo of the other items thrown in for free. They were not happy but I am.

Invoice shows,

plasma $2700

Ext warranty $150

Delivery $50

No mention of surge board but will take that up with them when tv arrives. I have the ad from the Leader

any chance of posting the receipt to imageshack.us (without personal details)?

thank you :)

Guys,

Dropped in at JB HiFi Lonsdale St City and to my surprise, they had just set up a Pana 50" 800A. There were no labels or prices yet so I asked for a price. The reply was $3319, so I said, NO, whats the real price. The reply was $2999. I said they were dreaming and walked out.

So stock is arriving, time for everyone to start haggling.

any chance to sent me the copy of the receipt please... ^_^ dworks2006 -at- gmail -dot- -com-

is the price $2600 with normal warranty ? how much u reckon for extended warranty will cost ?

Thank you

Hi all, 50" 800A is being delivered today so looking forward to it and will let you all know how it is. So if your keen I would suggest HN Greensborough.
Edited by audio7ech

Hi all, 50" 800A is being delivered today so looking forward to it and will let you all know how it is. So if your keen I would suggest HN Greensborough.

receipt please without personal details :)

jarthel-@t-fitnessmail-d0t-net

thank you! :)