Sony Bravia With Bonus Ps3

Looking at buying the X46 too and are we not missing something here..?

The thread is for the free PS3 offer and people are quoting prices they paid with the cash back offer...the two dont go together.. as i see it the cash back offer ended the day before the PS3 offer started, and you cannot have both...

So who payed what for their Sony with the PS3 offer...

JB had them tonight for around $3220 (i think) i was looking at that many offers there tonight my brain was full by the time i walked out...

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw a Domayne ad on Ch 7 tonight for the 32"V for $1988 with the PS3.

Why would they bother spending valuable advertising $$$ if the TVs will not materialise in a timely manner? We'll see what happens I guess.

harvey norman have the 32v foi $1799.

If Sony don;t get stock they will be in serious poo with the ACCC for false or bait advertising.

I woudl suggest if they don;t they will perhaps take it from the order date.

JB had heaps of the W models and seemed to think that the would get the V;s late next week. I thought someone said they had seen them in store. otherwise the 40 inch W is not much more.

People dont listen (or read in this case) - not u personally. I warned that this would happen a week or so before the promotion even started & got slammed because " oh but its in the Sony brochure/advert for July 1". I knew it sounded a bit too good to be true - a 32" Full HD TV & a $650 PS3 for under 2k.

According to multiple reviews on the net if you google 'Sony V4000' the smaller size V models aren't due till September.

If the 32" V series is not in stock by the end of the promotion can you still put down your cash on backorder & redeem the PS3? Dont you need the TV to make the claim? What if all the PS3's are gone by then? They are going fast. Are we sure Sony's not pulling another swifty on us.. ^_^

you can still order it, and then redeem the unit online (then the count will go down by one) and the ps3 is reserved for you.

BUT on the terms and conditions it has been clearly stated that if sony fail to provide stock then the ps3 offer is no longer eligible. And then you have 2 weeks to send in ALL paper work including serial numbers.

I just bought 46x3100 yesterday from Bing Lee Alexandria two days ago and picked it up yesterday. The price is $3099. I suppose to get extra 12 months warranty as I paid it by my Visa Gold credit card.

My budget was $3000 for that TV. I went to different retail stores, including HN, GoodGuys , JB, Bing Lee, Myer and David Jones in different locations in sydney. Nobody would do it at that price. Most common price they are doing is $3200-$3300.

Picked up a 46 XBR for $3600 with 5 years warranty. TV price was $3300 on its own.

Hey, for those interested. Got a deal from JB Hifi for a 46X3100: $3250 with tiltable wall mount and warranty extended another two years. This seems like a ball park price depending on accessories etc. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for my free PS3 :lol:

Guest Morkai

hey guys, quick question, does anyone know of a price i should base a KDL40D3100 (40" D Series) off of? the sony website has them listed at 2099, but hopefully i can them a bit cheaper than that...

i'm going looking tomorrow, i'll be checking out;

Harvey Norman (Taren Point)

Domayne (Taren Point)

JB (Miranda)

Good Guys (Taren Point)

Second's World (Taren Point)

Edited by Morkai

Harvey Norman Rothwell in QLD had KDL52W3100's for $2999 today..that was the ticket price not a haggle price. They had a big marquee set up in the car park. Wasn't just the display stock..that had em in sealed boxes as well.

52" 1080p Sony panel for essentially $2400 (when you factor in the PS3) seems pretty good buying...W3100 is Bravia EX btw.

I'm tempted but think I'll go 46X...love my 100hz 32D.

Harvey Norman Rothwell in QLD had KDL52W3100's for $2999 today..that was the ticket price not a haggle price. They had a big marquee set up in the car park. Wasn't just the display stock..that had em in sealed boxes as well.

52" 1080p Sony panel for essentially $2400 (when you factor in the PS3) seems pretty good buying...W3100 is Bravia EX btw.

I'm tempted but think I'll go 46X...love my 100hz 32D.

Go the 52" that is a fantastic price, and if you don't sit closer than 3metres it won't be too big!!

CP

and if I do? :) it's close, depends if I recline my chair!

If your that close then either size is okay, I still prefer bigger but I know a few friends that like all the TV in their sight without impinging on peripheral vision. At 3ms it would be close on the 52". But just get it anyway, you'll love it all the more after you have forgotten the price!

:lol:

CP

somewhat confusing since sony never requires original receipts for cashback. they only require photcopies.

Hey Jarthel - According to the Email from Sony confirming the Bonus PS3 registration, one of the things they require you to send in is "the original purchase reciept", which they say will be returned...

Hey, for those interested. Got a deal from JB Hifi for a 46X3100: $3250 with tiltable wall mount and warranty extended another two years. This seems like a ball park price depending on accessories etc. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for my free PS3 :lol:

Picked up my 46X3100 from JB in one of the Melbourne suburb stores for $3400 - Included a 2m Optical cable and additional 4 year extended warranty (making a total of 5 years). The GoodGuys wouldn't match the price.

I saw the V and w 4000s today - Im posting my impressions in 2 threads as there are so many of them.

In short - w 4000 is far better tha old x series in my books

W picture is better than x esp blacks and detail.

w motion is really good (BE2) vs x series smear and blur coupled with fake looking motionflow and huge artifacts.

V motion is on par with W BUT v picture is washed out .... WCG backlight is really night and day in a side by side. V picture in fact looks ALOT like the old S series with better motion.

MOST IMPORTANT FOR ME ,.....

- EPG is one button fast and worth its weight in gold. It also seems to drop over the existing chanel so you can listen to your prog while checking prog guide. Handy and seamless.

- And it has a favorites button. These ALMOST make up for the still slow channel change.

- XMB is slick and easy.

Other points

- I couldnt find autodim off feature,

- screen is matt as x series,

- I looked for sparkes for 5 mins on dark BD and couldnt see any. However the pic is VERY sharp and has some noise up close so Ill bet the sparkles could be some more prominant noise at times. Non issue IMO.

- "Hole in bottom small, tinted and unnoticable. Styling 10/10 if you can handle piano black (I dont like it but gotta admit it looks classy)

- NOT an 650 killer. Love or hate glossy screens the A650 is alot better than any other LCD around ATM.

Your right.

It is common knowlege that there are doctored receipts being made up and circulated on the net. Yes some are genuine but most are not!

Retailers wont match unless they are the original dockets for this reason.

Hey guys,

I think these prices are not so unbelievable. I paid $3000 ($2800 after cashback) for a 46x 3 months ago. I posted the receipt in another thread (JB Hifi Bundall). Also, they beat a scanned and printed receipt from this forum ($3100).

Thanks to all for your posts. Today I finally made a purchase and perhaps I can help out others by posting my price research. I am in Melbourne so this should help those Melburnians who have been getting relatively bad prices. I was shopping for the best deal between Sharp and Sony brands and finally decided on the Sony KDL46W4000 for $2700 at Camberwell Electrics (no. I didn't buy anything else or get the extended warranty). If you have never heard of this store I highly recommend you call them last. I have used them for all sorts of electrical appliances and they have never failed to beat any genuine price! Anyway, other prices I got were as follows

Sony KDL46X3100 - $3000 - Camberwell Electrics

Sharp LC46D83X - $2800 - Camberwell Electrics

Sharp LC46D63X - $2500 - Good Guys, JB, HN

Sharp LC52PD7X - $2700 - JB

Sharp LC46PD7X - $1850 - Retravision at Knox (they have about 6 and want to get rid of them. This was almost too hard to refuse.)

Homecast HT8000 PVR - $540 - Good Guys

These were all over the phone offers except the actual purchase and the Homecast purchase which I ended up getting from JB for $250 because I didn't want to wait for GG to get an order in.

I will copy this post to a number of relevant threads and hope it helps someone.

Thinking of starting a business on the side as a retail broker. I'll take 10% of what I save you on the ticket price. Anyone interested??

Cheers,

REV

I've sent in all that is required for the PS3 a couple of days ago and when I track my claim it still hasn't updated to received. Surely they would have received it all by now? I'm starting to become worried, I'm in Melbourne.

I've sent in all that is required for the PS3 a couple of days ago and when I track my claim it still hasn't updated to received. Surely they would have received it all by now? I'm starting to become worried, I'm in Melbourne.

I wouldnt worry just yet.

I posted from Adelaide on Monday, and the claim tracker still says 'not received'...