Sign in to follow this  
g12345567

Sony Bravia With Bonus Ps3

I dont know about these prices, anything below $3100 for a 46X3100 smells a bit to me.

Be careful guys taking these posts for gospel on here. Some may be getting those prices but it is very rare.

Retailers dont sell a $4099 RRP tv for $2550 !! Lets be serious here.

mine was 2510 after cashback ... I posted receipt ... pay attention people.

Many others paid 2610 after cashback.

mine was 2510 after cashback ... I posted receipt ... pay attention people.

Many others paid 2610 after cashback.

For a 46X ? Good on you. If so that was with cashback & that promotion has since finished. With the PS3 promotion even though it comes at no extra cost to the retailer (actually has nothing to do with them) they aren't budging on prices as easily & people are not getting the prices other people were getting a month ago. Simple fact! If someone can get anywhere near your price with this promotion, ill eat my fist. $3100ish seems to be the norm.

Edited by MrMan

like your a good mate :unsure:

So you're still trying to tell us you got a 46X for $2550 BEFORE cashback, meaning you got it for the unbelievable price of $2350???

And conveniently you don't have the receipt as proof anymore.

That truly is unbelievable.

That truly is unbelievable.

Its unbelievable because its un-true. What people have to gain by posting lies is beyond me. We shouldnt be so gullible.

If it was that easy you'd just go and get another one so you could post it for all of your good mates at DTV Forum right!

Maybe he just doesn't want to? :rolleyes:

Are you actually arguing you can't get a new receipt from stores? Because I had to get one the other week when my laptop screwed up for HP, indeed thats the entire point of them taking down all your details when you make a purchase...receipts and warranty stuff..

Whether hes telling the truth about the price or not is totally unrelated.

omg you people are getting ripped off big time. You can at least save another 500 bucks. I bought my X series 46" for 2550 before cashback plus 5 years warrrantly for $129.

Rule number 1 Haggle much as you can and then go to another store and tell them the best price you got from the first store and tell them to beat it.

Rule number 2 Get the best price from the seconds store and go back to the first one and say i didnt like their service but i liked thier offer. But if you dont beat their offer im going back. and surely he will beat it and there you will get your best price possible.

btw my two stores harvey norman and wow sight and sound Brisbane.

Hi Srikarr12,

Thanks for the message. Would you be kind enough to please share the receipt thanks. Thanks mate..

Also I checked out some prices in Melbourne East today.

Good Guys: $3288

JB: $3796 and 10% disc.. yeah right

Harvey: $3547

Pretty sure this price should be negotiable. Will keep looking.

Cheers,

Cowboy

Edited by dscowboy

I was checking today for a bravia 46x and my store has a sony account and the cost prices are as follows;

Sony Bravia 46 X

$2970 EX TAX

$3267 INC TAX

That is before the store adds their own profit margin, you also have to consider a 6 - 10% rebate on the TV the store gets.

But generally the cheapest 46 X would be around $2970 that is eating into the store rebate as well. The low prices of around

$2550 we have seen are because the sales man has sold cables and accessories, it is common practice to price it that low if

I'm making money on the accessories.

Cost of cables are between $50 - $80 on PureAV cables that sell for $279

and warranty that they try to sell to you are around $70 cost for 5 years

So if you see anything under $2970 for a 46 X series you must have to buy some cables or some other items.

Or they say that they do. What happens if they 'misplace' it and your telly breaks? Indeed.

You end up misusing the word "Indeed" again????

$2970 EX TAX

$3267 INC TAX

I bought the 46x from JB in Prahran for $3280 and he threw in extra 2 years warranty for $100 and I didn't feel like I was being ripped off. I showed him the warringah receipt and he couldn't believe it, he actually showed me the above prices and said that was their price, he seemed like a genuine guy, not a regular "salesman" type. He even asked to keep a copy of the receipt because he wanted to look into it. Myer Melbourne wouldn't budge on their price of 3380 even after seing the receipt either.

My advice is, don't get hung up on that receipt, I don't know if I really 100% believe it, either the person was a "loyalty" customer or he was an employee or something else, i think there's more to the story we don't know. I don't believe the person just walked in off the street and got that price.

I bought the 46x from JB in Prahran for $3280 and he threw in extra 2 years warranty for $100 and I didn't feel like I was being ripped off. I showed him the warringah receipt and he couldn't believe it, he actually showed me the above prices and said that was their price, he seemed like a genuine guy, not a regular "salesman" type. He even asked to keep a copy of the receipt because he wanted to look into it. Myer Melbourne wouldn't budge on their price of 3380 even after seing the receipt either.

My advice is, don't get hung up on that receipt, I don't know if I really 100% believe it, either the person was a "loyalty" customer or he was an employee or something else, i think there's more to the story we don't know. I don't believe the person just walked in off the street and got that price.

Your right.

It is common knowlege that there are doctored receipts being made up and circulated on the net. Yes some are genuine but most are not!

Retailers wont match unless they are the original dockets for this reason.

Im sorry guys but i dont have the final discount receipt as i have sent it away for the cashback offer. But i do have the receipt i started off with from jbhifi at $2800.

somewhat confusing since sony never requires original receipts for cashback. they only require photcopies.

btw i got to such a low price because i also packaged my home theatre system with it.(also cables and wiring etc.)

I really think this was the clincher for the low price. The saleperson was willing to take a hit on the Bravia to make some money on the HT gear.

Another factor may be it was the end of the month (year for that matter) so sales targets may have been due then so again the (relatively desperate) salesperson was willing to let the Bravia go for that crazy price to get the numbers up.

Someone here (I think it was Kulfi) posted some useful info and numbers about incentives/cost reductions Samsung, Sony et al give suppliers for hitting certain numbers - maybe a factor why so many are given at near cost (or below). Mind you if my memory's not too hazy I think Samsung were generous with their incentives whereas Sony weren't - something like that.

Now we're into a new month, aggressive new promo, salespeople will be more inclined to snub receipts. Maybe towards the end of the month if they need to get their numbers up and/or you spend $$$$ on other gear.

Also, what does anyone have to gain by posting fake info? I mean, really...

i noticed HN in Brisbane city had the 46" Sony X3100 for $3200 ticketed price today. Seems like a good deal.

There was also a v nice Phillips 50" LCD (3ms, 1080P, 100Hz) on clearance for $2800 cash. If I wasn't looking for the free blu-ray player deal, the Phillips looked to be an awesome deal.

Also, what does anyone have to gain by posting fake info? I mean, really...

lol, I was going along with your post until the last bit. Have you actually browsed the internet lately? Hardly a day goes by without me questioning why on earth people would do some of the stuff I find on the internet, haha… Wouldn't surprise me at all if someone posted a fake receipt 'just for a laugh'.. Even if it is not fake, there might be more to the story that we don't know about. Whatever, that's what I'm choosing to believe because I paid 3280 for my 46"x bravia and I'm happy with it. :lol:;)

lol, I was going along with your post until the last bit. Have you actually browsed the internet lately? Hardly a day goes by without me questioning why on earth people would do some of the stuff I find on the internet, haha… Wouldn't surprise me at all if someone posted a fake receipt 'just for a laugh'.. Even if it is not fake, there might be more to the story that we don't know about. Whatever, that's what I'm choosing to believe because I paid 3280 for my 46"x bravia and I'm happy with it. :lol:;)

I guess it was naive of me to post that statement but within the context of this thread the info looked genuine. Aren't there enough crazy prices floating around here. How's $38xx for a Pio LX50? Or $1400 (net) for a Sammy 50" Full 1080p Plasma in Jan? It doesn't mean those prices can be had all the time everywhere.

There's more to this story alright - he/she purchased additional HT gear for one thing. Maybe the store needed that last sale to meet their rebate targets. Who knows?

If it's a fake, well good luck to those people who do that - they must lead pretty sad lives. :o

I work for a retailer, and there is NO WAY you can pick up a 46X for $2550

not even if it was off display, or damaged (it would be easier + more profitable to send it back for a claim for credit with sony).

wetn into jb hi fi melb cbd... plenty of 40 and 46 W and X series boxes.. No 32" V series on displays, sales droids were more interested in talking to themselves rather than customer don;t why I bothered. They have 10% of all HDTV's until Monday. Didn;t find out a price or if in stock...

32V there is NO ETA, meaning sony dont even know when they are coming in. I am after one myself we have dozens and dozens of them on order but unfortunately no idea when / if they are coming in.

wetn into jb hi fi melb cbd... plenty of 40 and 46 W and X series boxes.. No 32" V series on displays, sales droids were more interested in talking to themselves rather than customer don;t why I bothered. They have 10% of all HDTV's until Monday. Didn;t find out a price or if in stock...

I went into jb and they had everything at the full manufacturers RRP, so after 10%off the prices are there and aroung GO prices. Still room for a little haggling there.

32V there is NO ETA, meaning sony dont even know when they are coming in. I am after one myself we have dozens and dozens of them on order but unfortunately no idea when / if they are coming in.

People dont listen (or read in this case) - not u personally. I warned that this would happen a week or so before the promotion even started & got slammed because " oh but its in the Sony brochure/advert for July 1". I knew it sounded a bit too good to be true - a 32" Full HD TV & a $650 PS3 for under 2k.

According to multiple reviews on the net if you google 'Sony V4000' the smaller size V models aren't due till September.

If the 32" V series is not in stock by the end of the promotion can you still put down your cash on backorder & redeem the PS3? Dont you need the TV to make the claim? What if all the PS3's are gone by then? They are going fast. Are we sure Sony's not pulling another swifty on us.. ^_^

Edited by MrMan