Sony Bravia With Bonus Ps3

Sent: 28/07

Received: 06/08

Approved: 13/08

Shipped: 15/08

Received: 15/08 Fast Postage

Happy that it turned up before the weekend but not happy where Aust Post left the package. Found it sitting in my driveway not even up against the garage door but just in the driveway. I have stairs going to my front door so they could have left it there but no.

Should I ring Sony and let them know where they left it or Aust Post?

I wouldnt bother. They wont do jack ****.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I called Sony again to inquire about my PS3 Claim and to my suprise the lady gave me this response, "All the PS3's have been claimed and sent out and the promotion has ended". Well after that she asked for my reg number which after she entered it into the system she suddenly realises that I'm still stuck on RECEIVED......gg Sony, they said that they will check up on it but in the end I doubt I will even get my PS3.

Sent: 24/07

Received: 04/08

Approved: TBA.... probably wont happen.

I received my PS3 last Friday morning, just as I was about to head out the door to work! It arrived before it was marked as sent on the tracking website.

I've ordered some HDMI cables from EzyHD should be arriving later today so now I can finally experience the PS3 the way its meant to be. I can't believe Sony wouldn't bundle a HDMI cable with a $700 entertainment device which has a BluRay player and state of the art gaming, a composite cable is a pure insult! Even a cheaper component cable would have been better but composite is just ridiculous. If I'd paid for the PS3 I would have been a lot more annoyed.

One question, I didn't get any voucher for a free game. Is this on a separate piece of paper in the box with the PS3 or do they send it separately? I got the DS3 controller which I was happy about, kind of weird that there's no controller in the box but it comes separately.

There is no voucher for the free game - there's a code embedded in their approval email which you need to claim after you hook the PS3 online (and download).

As for not supplying the HDMI cable - my guess is not every man on the planet has a HDMI capable display (some earlier panel takes component for best input).

In addition, some lucky individual may get a PS3 as a gift - but bundling a HDMI capable panel with the PS3 as a gift is a bit too much to ask for.

The composite cable will work for 90%+ of the population (unless you have a 20+ year old TV), while a common HDMI cable isn't that expensive in today's standard.

I got a $1K+ HDD recorder and it also only come with a composite cable.

You have no chance of getting an 80gb out of this, as it says in the terms and conditions its for 40GB.

Im cut that i didnt get a DS3, maybe i should contact sony and say how they should look after there customers better and why are the customers who got in first and quickly getting ripped off of ya DS3, ya reckon i have any chance??

And where are my damn receipts

There is no voucher for the free game - there's a code embedded in their approval email which you need to claim after you hook the PS3 online (and download).

Thanks for that, I'd been checking emails on my Blackberry so didn't really pay attention to them properly, only cared that it was approved! Found the code and I'm downloading Pain right now.

Can't wait for my HDMI cables to arrive, I thought they would come today since EzyHD send by Express post but hopefully tomorrow then!

Thanks for that, I'd been checking emails on my Blackberry so didn't really pay attention to them properly, only cared that it was approved! Found the code and I'm downloading Pain right now.

Can't wait for my HDMI cables to arrive, I thought they would come today since EzyHD send by Express post but hopefully tomorrow then!

However the so called free game "Pain" is not full game .........kind of like demo game...........

Finally approved after they told me they had lost my claims yesterday and got me to resend them.

Sent: 24/07

Received 1st: 04/08

Received 2nd: 19/04

Approved: 20/04

Shipped: TBA

Does anybody know how big this Pain game is?, I'm close to my quota limit for the month.

The Pain game is 200M from what I can recall - but you may need to upgrade the firmware first (at least this happened with mine). Not sure about the size of the firmware - but it did took a while on an ADSL2+ line (synced at 7M downstream).

E-mail from Sony: 25/7 (where's your docs?)

Sent what I had: 27/7 (no TV so no serial no.)

Complained: 31/7

Complained: 1/8

Complained: 4/8

Complained: 5/8

Complained: 6/8

Complained: 7/8

Docs received: 8/8

Got TV: 8/8

E-mail from Sony: 9/8 (not enough info)

Sent full docs: 11/8

Approved: 15/8

Docs Returned: 18/8

Shipped: 20/8

Received: 21/8

:rolleyes:

E-mail from Sony: 25/7 (where's your docs?)

Sent what I had: 27/7 (no TV so no serial no.)

Complained: 31/7

Complained: 1/8

Complained: 4/8

Complained: 5/8

Complained: 6/8

Complained: 7/8

Docs received: 8/8

Got TV: 8/8

E-mail from Sony: 9/8 (not enough info)

Sent full docs: 11/8

Approved: 15/8

Docs Returned: 18/8

Shipped: 20/8

Received: 21/8

:rolleyes:

It pays to stay on their case, I love a happy ending, good luck Rev

CP

A mate of mine also went for the PS3 redemption - and the PS3 arrived this week, but minus the controller (no DS3 or 6axis).

Have anyone has such experience? He rang Sony and they said it's being shipped separately...

This sounds really odd.....

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...