Top Posters In This Topic

bought 02/07

sent (express post) 03/07

received 08/07

approved 11/07

shipped 15/07

received 16/08

very happy:)

Actually, I never got an email yesterday even though it says you will get an email when the PS3 is shipped and today my tracker says shipped on the 16th, even though I already got it this morning.

Sent mine in 8am LAST monday at Canberra CBD post office, and its still not "Received".

Is anyone else finding it's taking a long time??

I'm also on the still not Recevied. Sent mine off on the 15th/Jul. Getting kinda worried since I registered online on the 7th/Jul. I also sent it via Express. How long does it take for them to recieve it?

I'm also on the still not Recevied. Sent mine off on the 15th/Jul. Getting kinda worried since I registered online on the 7th/Jul. I also sent it via Express. How long does it take for them to recieve it?

I wouldn't get too worried, I sent mine off Monday am on the 15th by express post and still isn't showing as received, Express post is guaranteed next day delivery so i figure it's probably sitting in the midst of the worlds biggest intray at the moment

Guest repeated_love

Got my KDL40W4000 for $2150 from Sony Central in Perth. They tried to sell me HDMI cables at $300+ when $30 cables would do the same job.

if you read the thread at whirlpool seems like they have been having some database problems and taking a while to update the claims as received. I sent mine on the 13th and not yet updated as yet. They said as long as ou ahve registered and they have your details the two week deadline will be extended. Looks like a big deluge of mail at the moment for them.

if you read the thread at whirlpool seems like they have been having some database problems and taking a while to update the claims as received. I sent mine on the 13th and not yet updated as yet. They said as long as ou ahve registered and they have your details the two week deadline will be extended. Looks like a big deluge of mail at the moment for them.

I sent mine in on the 6th from WA, standard post (still not "received") but yesterday they told us that they are getting over 1000 claims a day (which combined with the database problems must mean big delays). Said it shouldn't take longer than 11 days though. Not sure whether to assume it has arrived, that it is in the pile and wait or to call again.

bought 02/07

received 08/07

approved 11/07

shipped 15/07

received 16/08

Actually, I never got an email yesterday even though it says you will get an email when the PS3 is shipped and today my tracker says shipped on the 16th, even though I already got it this morning.

Tell me what the 16th of August is like. Need to know if i have to take an umbrella :) While ya there can you please give me the 50million Oz Lotto numbers :)

Tell me what the 16th of August is like. Need to know if i have to take an umbrella :) While ya there can you please give me the 50million Oz Lotto numbers :)

While you're at it, could I have the Lotto and Powerball numbers too? Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone

Just bought the 40V4000 from HN Auburn for $2049 inc 4yrs extra warranty ($1750 + $299) but they have no stock so picking up next week.(hopefully if they get stock, as not many retailers have/getting anymore of these or the W4000)

Also if anyone is after the 32v4000 Bing Lee Hornsby offered me $1649 but for extra $100 you might aswell get the 40

Cheers

ijuschill

Hey everyone

Just bought the 40V4000 from HN Auburn for $2049 inc 4yrs extra warranty ($1750 + $299) but they have no stock so picking up next week.(hopefully if they get stock, as not many retailers have/getting anymore of these or the W4000)

Also if anyone is after the 32v4000 Bing Lee Hornsby offered me $1649 but for extra $100 you might aswell get the 40

seems strange that the 40"v is only $100 more than the 32"v. Was looking at getting the 32" as a replacement for an old crt I am using and 32" would be the largest size I can get in the room I plan to use it in. Anybody seen the 32" any cheaper than the price quoted above? I was particularly looking at the Sony because they still use the non reflective screens, unlike the Samsungs that use the new glossy reflective screens.

Does anybody know if the new sony V series have EPGs built in this time?

Edited by g12345567

Hi there,

Has anybody got any prices for the below or have a ball park what is a good price?

Sony X 40 inch

Sony XBR 40 inch

Thanks

Initially I was going to buy the new 40" V series. But after comparing it side by side with an X series, I was convinced the latter was a better choice, even though it's $700 more.

I eventually settled with Bing Lee in Hornsby for $2630, while the V series was $1950.

Good luck!

Guest TimW1503562432
bought 02/07

received 08/07

approved 11/07

shipped 15/07

received 16/08

I'm just about to register for the PS3, but notice there's not much choice about shipping etc. As I live in a rural area I don't want it sent to my home address as I'm not always there..... Can you tell me how Sony shipped yours?

Thanks

Tim

---- Got the KDL32v4000

hey zorg, i also sent in mine on the 13th, mine hasn't been updated either, hopefully in the next few days our status will change to 'recieved'.

I got my X 40 of Harvey Norman but just haggled the guy down to the JB Hi Fi price.... pretty lame haggling I know.

Initially I was going to buy the new 40" V series. But after comparing it side by side with an X series, I was convinced the latter was a better choice, even though it's $700 more.

I eventually settled with Bing Lee in Hornsby for $2630, while the V series was $1950.

Good luck!

I was going to buy a V series but when I saw a bunch of TVs on the rack trying to deal with flowing landscape aerial film of mountains I noticed that all but the X series juddered so I bit the bullet and bought the X series. Maybe it was just the setup but I wasn't prepared to risk it.

Edited by remery

Hi all,

Got my 40W4000 yesterday from JB in Adelaide for $2165 (from $2494). Was going to get the 32V4000 at first because it's such a good deal with the ps3. HN ticket price was $1799 but they were all sold out, including the 40V4000. So I went to JB and they had sold the last 40V4000 20 mins ago, so the guy said he can do me a good deal for the W model. I also bought a pioneer DV400V full hd dvd player and he gave a discount on the HDMI cable.

So here they are...

- 40W4000 $2165 from $2494

- Pioneer DV400 $121 from $126 (he couldn't go any cheaper as it was $183 two weeks ago)

- Belkin PureAV HDMI cable $64 from $99

Total: $2350 ($369 off)

Later on i found out that GOod guys have the tv advertised for $2298 (haggleable) >.<

I just want to know if what I got was at a reasonable price and does anyone else have similar experiences. I mean i was prepared to walk out of the store with nothing or something else completely different.

Very happy with picture quality considering i had an old 68cm crt tv since 1996 haha. Going to send the paperwork tomorrow, hopefully wont have to wait 3 months as what the guy at JB has told me.

Thanks all for all your posts, it helped me heaps

cheers

Looking to buy a Sony 52W4000 but is $3,800 a good price for this model?

Am I putting to much emphasis on the free PS3 when I can probably pick up a full HD 50" Panasonic for much cheaper...and buy a PS3 individually.

Edited by Zoid6erg