Sign in to follow this  
aeon1503559541

New 2008 Sony Bravias

From what I can make out there's not a lot of difference between the two. The W4000 will have a new backlight system (that is definate), where as the V (I'm pretty sure) just has the standard backlight. Both models are 50hz. It's hard to pin point differences at the moment as no spec sheets have been released for the Aussie models, which differ from the US & UK models. It's all a guessing game until they get posted on the Sony Oz website.

Indeed, im waiting for confirmation from the Aust Sony site in regards to specs too.

If they are similar to the UK specs, then it seems the only differences are that the V4000 model misses out on the WCG-CCFL backlight (Live Colour Creation), 10bit panel, xv colour, and 'USB picture frame' mode, compared to the W4000.

Some RRP's on the new range have been confirmed today: http://www.current.com.au/2008/06/27/article/WKWSJCXQII.html

(Can't find official Sony press release yet though...)

KDL52W4000 RRP$4,699

KDL46W4000 RRP$3,499

KDL40W4000 RRP$2,699

KDL40V4000 RRP$2,399

KDL32V4000 RRP$2,099

KDL37S4000 RRP$1,699

KDL32S4000 RRP$1,399

KDL26S4000 RRP$1,099

KDL20S4000 RRP$799

Also, "All new models included in this list will be available from July"

I just wish Sony would hurry up and post the specifications of all these new Australian 2008 models on there web site. I mean they can teas us all they like with the Bonus PS3 Deal, but if you can't even find out the specs of these new models how is anybody supposed to make an informed decision if they want to purchase the new model or not.

I am guessing we may well have to wait till Tuesday 1st July before we can fund out. When the promotion begins.

Edited by g12345567

Promotion actually started yesterday 26/6-30/7

That was a misprint from Myer(?) or another retailer. All Sony flyers state 1/7<->31/7, as there's no way it would overlap with their cashback offer otherwise you would have a frenzy of people doing both offers in the period of 26/6 to 1/7.

Also, don't confuse it with the UK version. The UK W series apparently equals our V series.

Andy.

Hmmm, from what I've read, I'm pretty sure we will get the W series that has same spec as UK W series, and similar with the V series. If you're saying the W equals our V series, then what does the V series equal? (the W? would be madness if they did that)

Anyway, I guess we will find out for sure in a few days when Sony update their website.

cheers

Sony finally has the specs of the new 2008 Bravia V and W range of lcd tvs on there web site.

http://www.sony.com.au/homecinema/category.jsp?id=21988

One question. Anybody know if Sony has added/enabled the epg feature on the new 2008 range of bravia televisions?

In there previous models it was just a now and next function with the EPG dissabled.

Edited by g12345567

The new V series has "10 bit panel" listed under "Key Features". When you click on "Specs" it suddenly becomes an 8 bit panel! :huh:

Anyone know which is correct?

Click Here!

Just got a 46inch X Series for $3000 from JB. Picking it up next weekend & they will change the receipt to next weeks date. Now I just need to casually drop it into convo with the wife

The new V series has "10 bit panel" listed under "Key Features". When you click on "Specs" it suddenly becomes an 8 bit panel! :huh:

Click Here!

The V series is 8 bit. I believe they will eventually be available in 26, 32, 37, 40 , 46 & 52" with the 3 bigger models having a greater contrast ratio.

Click Here!

Sony Central gave me a photocopy of the Sony product release sheet for the V series, and it has on those specs '10 bit panel'.

The website now confuses this.

Wait till release to see the screen in action with proper confirmed specs..

ITS 8 BIT GEEZ!!!!! The 40, 46 & 52" have a greater contrast ratio.

Just got a 46inch X Series for $3000 from JB. Picking it up next weekend & they will change the receipt to next weeks date. Now I just need to casually drop it into convo with the wife

Hi Shaz,

Would you mind scanning your receipt and send to me please?

stonx@yahoo.com

Thanks

The V series is 8 bit. I believe they will eventually be available in 26, 32, 37, 40 , 46 & 52" with the 3 bigger models having a greater contrast ratio.

The 32", 40" V panels and 40",46" and 52" W series have identical specifications of:

Brightness: 450cd/m2

Contrast: 3000:1 (on screen)

Response Time: 8ms

Apart from the 8 bit/10 bit panel question, the only other major difference listed is that the W series has a second generation WCG-CCFL backlight.

The 32", 40" V panels and 40",46" and 52" W series have identical specifications of:

Brightness: 450cd/m2

Contrast: 3000:1 (on screen)

Response Time: 8ms

Apart from the 8 bit/10 bit panel question, the only other major difference listed is that the W series has a second generation WCG-CCFL backlight.

Our V4000 models must be different from what is stated here then >>. http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/news/articles/2008060101.htm (note it sais loses 10bit processing from W4000)

Edited by MrMan

hey, are there any 32" 1080p models coming out anytime soon?
No sorry.

Actually, the new 32" V Series is 1080p.

Actually, the new 32" V Series is 1080p.

One of the major retailers was advertising the new Sony V Series 32" 1080p for $1,999 in todays' Sun-Herald (Sydney) paper.

A bit steep I know, but it includes a free PS3 via redemption.

It's available in stores from 8 July (according to the ad).

Our V4000 models must be different from what is stated here then >>. http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/news/articles/2008060101.htm (note it sais loses 10bit processing from W4000)

I think we have the same spec V series, note on Sony's Aus site it says 10-bit and then 8-bit on the specs page, I think the 10-bit is a typo, and they are 8-bit as per UK.

v4000's on the site, however if you check n the sony style button it is showing availability from the 8th of August which is a bit of a worry.. Can you order now, receive in August and still get your PS3?

v4000's on the site, however if you check n the sony style button it is showing availability from the 8th of August which is a bit of a worry.. Can you order now, receive in August and still get your PS3?

I seriously doubt it. If it's like the cashback promotion you have to state the seriel number of the unit you bought. I'm pretty sure these units will be instore in July though.