New 2008 Sony Bravias

Having seen those X series with motionflow, I would rather switch it off. Movies being played with motionflow, ie 100hz, look like homemade videos.

There is no doubt this happens but I have read this sentence way too often. For a start Motionflow & 100hz are two seperate things. Motionflow can be turned off but the set will always be running at 100hz. This "illusion" happens when you have the wrong setting's applied to the format your watching . ie : watching video based content & have film based settings applied or visa versa. As we move foward in technology & introduce new formats (Bluray 24fps) which is different from PAL DVD/ HDTV (50fps) TV's have different settings to accomodate. Its amazing how many controls & options Sony have included in this sets menu & when 'average joe' walks along who's just moved up from his crt, where there is no changing of settings for different formats (doesnt even understand what the different formats are ) this is what he see's. Motionflow & Cinema Drive (which adjust cadence/interpolation of frames ) are just 2 of the many many options you have control of on the X series but unfortunatley Sony hasn't explained their function very well . As many people dont even care to realise video has a different frame rate to film & unfortunatley for optimum viewing of each you need to keep switching settings accordingly. Yes its all too confusing but thats technology.

I shake my head at how many Mums & Dads or Joe Smith's from down the street must be sitting back watching there new homemade video effect tellie knowing none the wiser.

This set shines with Bluray hence all the appropriate settings.

I can assure you when it comes to watching Sport on an LCD you'll want that Motionflow.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been offered the new w46 4100/4000 (not sure on that) on 1 july for $2900 with 5 yr warranty and delivery. When do we know for sure what model it will be. The rrp is $3500

its the 4000 ie no 100hz. Confirmed with Myer today.

they had all the material on the new models, and went to the sony training, but had no info or knowledge on free ps3s ... Ill wait but I think the free ps3 is a hoax

its the 4000 ie no 100hz. Confirmed with Myer today.

they had all the material on the new models, and went to the sony training, but had no info or knowledge on free ps3s ... Ill wait but I think the free ps3 is a hoax

i can confirm its the 4000 HOWEVER i've received direct information through official channels from sony regarding the ps3 promotion, i was saying it was going to be happening for weeks, i got a call yesterday from a colleague on my day off saying that he just heard and received the promotional material

Does anyone know if Australia is getting this model KDL-40W410040" BRAVIA® W Series LCD Flat Panel HDTV and if so how much as this is the one i would like to buy and get my free PS3 with it.

The Australian version will be known as the W4000. RRP should be "around" $2699 for the 40 & $3299 for the 46. Ours will be 50htz & not 100htz as in the US. I believe no Motionflow either. Also, don't confuse it with the UK version. The UK W series apparently equals our V series.

Andy.

The Australian version will be known as the W4000. RRP should be "around" $2699 for the 40 & $3299 for the 46. Ours will be 50htz & not 100htz as in the US. I believe no Motionflow either. Also, don't confuse it with the UK version. The UK W series apparently equals our V series.

Andy.

Thanks for your reply Andy,

Mmmm thats pretty crap then. Which model will have 100hz and whats the refresh rate?

Thanks for your reply Andy,

Mmmm thats pretty crap then. Which model will have 100hz and whats the refresh rate?

The replacement for the X / XBR's (whatever they may be) will be 100hz. I believe they're looking at around an October / November release date. The W4000 is meant to be pretty impressive though, despite it being 50hz. Haven't seen it for myself as yet.

The Australian version will be known as the W4000. RRP should be "around" $2699 for the 40 & $3299 for the 46. Ours will be 50htz & not 100htz as in the US.

Andy.

The US uses 120hz. Anyway whats the difference between the W4000 & the V4000 ????

Only the 40 , 46 & 52" will be released in July. 26 & 32" in Sep.

http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic.php?to...rd2=electronics

Edited by MrMan

The US uses 120hz. Anyway whats the difference between the W4000 & the V4000 ????

Only the 40 , 46 & 52" will be released in July. 26 & 32" in Sep.

http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic.php?to...rd2=electronics

From what I can make out there's not a lot of difference between the two. The W4000 will have a new backlight system (that is definate), where as the V (I'm pretty sure) just has the standard backlight. Both models are 50hz. It's hard to pin point differences at the moment as no spec sheets have been released for the Aussie models, which differ from the US & UK models. It's all a guessing game until they get posted on the Sony Oz website.

Noticed that GG's Castle Hill are already advertising the 40W4000 on their web site, no price though.

Also noticed that a lot of model data sheets have just disappeared from the Sony Aus web site.

Getting ready for the new models, I guess.

Noticed that GG's Castle Hill are already advertising the 40W4000 on their web site, no price though.

Whoops, make that the 40V4000. Should have checked before posting, doh!

Says "Price available in store".