What's With 7hd?

funny i find the sound is fine just the picture that keeps breaking up.

actually this happened 2 weeks ago on ch10 from memory with HD and SD the footy was on again. there was a big storm on during telecast and was at my in-laws place. Only CH10 was affected.

Isn't DIGITAL supposed to be supperior than analog?

Trust Australia to stuff it up though. Why are we so slow when it comes to technology?

This arvo 7HD during the footy started being jerky.

It freezes a few times a second or so.

SD channel 7 is fine but what's the story?

I was pleaed to read this as I thought it was my antennae playing up in the wet.

Like it does seem to do sometimes.

Nice to know it was a regional problem!

Isn't DIGITAL supposed to be supperior than analog?

Superior at revealing faults!?

I thought I was going crazy. Was going to wait till tomorrow and do a factory reset as I though it must be my set top box.

I find the audio is fine but the picture is playing up. It is like it is moving frame to frame. I even tried a rescan of my channels but didn't solve it. And yes the normal channel 7 is working fine.

here in QLD channel 7 regularly has problems the digital pictures pixellate a lot, especially in the middle of the day and it sometimes is bad enough to mess with the sound too. and lately the analogue signal has sometimes had white spots patterned all over the screen. 9 and 10 are fine for the most part with only occaisional problems. the signal strength of 7 is weaker than the others, this is probably the reason and probably why people in different areas have different "worst stations" as other people will complain about 10 or 9. i agree that the whole change over to digital may end up being a big disaster as people become more and more frustrated with the poor reliability of the broadcast.

here in QLD channel 7 regularly has problems the digital pictures pixellate a lot, especially in the middle of the day and it sometimes is bad enough to mess with the sound too. and lately the analogue signal has sometimes had white spots patterned all over the screen.

You have a reception problem which is clearly affecting your analogue reception too. That's not really 7's fault unless they are operating the analogue and digital transmissions on reduced power for some reason.

Edited by DrP

7HD still having trouble in Perth. Its like the frame rate is really low. The Sunrise show has scrolling test at the bottom and its really jerky. Sip sync problems as well. 7SD is fine. Has anyone heard what the cause of this is?
Called Channel Seven Perth. 08 9344 0777.

They say there is no problem and deny there was a problem yesterday.

Sheez.

If there is, give them a call!

Which is probably why it's still stuffed, bloody braindead ning nongs!!!!

I've tried through PVR tuner, same. PC HD tuner(different antenna), still same...

WAKEUP 7!!!!

Finally fixed it.. Thanks for nothing 7!!!

Edited by Topdog

Which is probably why it's still stuffed, bloody braindead ning nongs!!!!

I've tried through PVR tuner, same. PC HD tuner(different antenna), still same...

WAKEUP 7!!!!

Finally fixed it.. Thanks for nothing 7!!!

They told me they had not had any calls and mine was the first.

Maybe they fixed as a result of my call.

Lovely thought! :rolleyes:

First call .. that is absolute BULLSHIT .. I know of 2 people at work here in Perth that called Channel 7 on Sunday !!

They are denying that there was a problem.

I had it too, but these days there is hardly any point in complaining. This is not the first time they have denied there was a problem. Little is given to service these days. Often the person you are complaining to, is some innocent person who knows nothing and does nothing with your complaint. I have previously called and asked that I be called back when a technician was available to discuss it ... strangely :rolleyes: I never got that call !!

Service is the last thing on their mind !

Yeah I noticed the picture to be quite jerky during Gladiators, so I switched to the Normal 7 digital and then thought maybe I'll restart computer, but that didn't solve it. I think it may have been a problem on my end even though Ten HD and Nine HD worked like there was no tomorrow (considering I had it tuned on TenHD for most of the afternoon :)

How was 7HD's reception this afternoon?

i hope you told them to read this forum.

i emailed them as it was too hard to find a number on their website