Sign in to follow this  
hudsta

Owners Thread - Samsung New 4 , 5 & 6 Series Lcd Tv

jackpot .. I got a special offer doc ... cant say any more about it so dont ask ... but I found out the 680 is just a blue 650.

First price listed is special price but its for employees of a certain company only ... nothing more to say on that

LA40A680A1FXXY 101cm, Full HD, 1920 x 1080p,100Hz, Crystal Blue Design, (DVB-T (HD tuner built in), 50,000: 1 Dynamic Contrast

ratio, 5ms response time, CCFL, 500cd/m2, 4x HDMI, SRS Tru surround $2,257.27$3,299.00$50.00

LA46A680A1FXXY 116cm, Full HD, 1920 x 1080p,100Hz,Crystal Blue Design, (DVB-T (HD tuner built in), 50,000: 1 Dynamic Contrast

ratio, 5ms response time, CCFL, 500cd/m2, 4x HDMI, SRS Tru surround $2,859.41$4,179.00$50.00

LA52A680A1FXXY 132cm, Full HD, 1920 x 1080p,100Hz,Crystal Blue Design, (DVB-T (HD tuner built in), 50,000: 1 Dynamic Contrast

ratio, 5ms response time, CCFL, 500cd/m2, 4x HDMI, SRS Tru surround $3,762.62$5,499.00$50.00

650 for comparison

LA32A650A1FXXY 81cm, Full HD, 1920 x 1080p,Crystal Design, DVB-T (HD tuner built in), 15,000: 1 Dynamic Contrast ratio, 5ms

response time, CCFL, 500cd/m2, 4x HDMI,SRS Tru surround $1,354.06$1,999.00$50.00

LA40A650A1FXXY 101cm, Full HD, 1920 x 1080p,100Hz,Crystal Design, DVB-T (HD tuner built in), 50,000: 1 Dynamic Contrast ratio,

5ms response time, CCFL, 500cd/m2, 4x HDMI, SRS Tru surround $2,106.73$3,099.00$50.00

LA46A650A1FXXY 116cm, Full HD, 1920 x 1080p,100Hz,Crystal Design, DVB-T (HD tuner built in), 50,000: 1 Dynamic Contrast ratio,

5ms response time, CCFL, 500cd/m2, 4x HDMI, SRS Tru surround $2,633.60$3,849.00$50.00

LA52A650A1FXXY 132cm, Full HD, 1920 x 1080p,100Hz,Crystal Design, DVB-T (HD tuner built in), 50,000: 1 Dynamic Contrast ratio,

5ms response time, CCFL, 500cd/m2, 4x HDMI, SRS Tru surround $3,386.28$4,999.00$50.00

Edited by mantronic

LA46A650A1FXXY 116cm, Full HD, 1920 x 1080p,100Hz,Crystal Design, DVB-T (HD tuner built in), 50,000: 1 Dynamic Contrast ratio,

5ms response time, CCFL, 500cd/m2, 4x HDMI, SRS Tru surround $2,633.60$3,849.00$50.00

The Samsung website states that the A650 has a response time of 4ms...

Edited by yert

"Blu-ray Player

BD-P1400 HD 1080P Blu-ray player- Backward compatible with DVD & Audio CD, Up-scaling to 1080P HDMI 1.3 and HD audio $578.23 $769.00$15.00"

This is the old one ... giveaway is the bd 1500

jackpot .. I got a special offer doc ... cant say any more about it so dont ask ..

SNIP

Me too I paid today $2513 for the 46inch 650a, was rather chuffed at that, considereing I was paying $3000 for the Sony X.

The difference between the Sony deal and the Samsung deal is that Sony count all there Full HD models in the bonus PS3 promotion, where as the the smallest Samsung available in there iq/blueray promo is the 40" which is a pitty as I was looking to get one of the samsung 32" but if the 32" Samsung full hsdmodels arn't arn't included then the sony deal looks much better.

Bought a samsung 46 650 for 2640 including 2 year warranty at myers.Thats 3 years samsung + extra 2 years from Myers.

Did anyone get an pm\email yet with the reciept? Can't wait to have a run with Myer :rolleyes:

Edited by Philby

None.

But you could talk to your retailer - maybe arrange a 'return' and repurchase this week?

Anyone heard of Myer or the like doing this?

I only purchased the TV 2 weeks ago, so it maybe possible for them to refund it and reprint the receipt.

Blu-ray BD-P1500 Player Detail of Offer

For consumers wishing to redeem and receive a bonus Blu-ray BD-P1500 player, there will be a postage and handling charge of $35.00 for this redemption. Payment must be made with a Mastercard or Visa Card, with details provided as part of the redemption process.

Allow 90 days for delivery of your Blu-ray BD-P1500 player.

Recommended Retail Price is $699.

Up to 90 days!!! and $35 shipping cost.

Are these similar conditions to the Sony deal for the PS3?

Edited by Phantoma

jackpot .. I got a special offer doc ... cant say any more about it so dont ask ... but I found out the 680 is just a blue 650.

If the only difference is that the 680 has a blue finish, why does it cost several hundred more? I didn't think blue ink was that much more expensive.

Any idea when the 680 will be hitting the consumer market? Not that they're listed in the Samsung BD promo. :(

Dammit - I want a blue one!! :D

Guys, I'm really sorry for the delay, I do not have access to a scanner, and the salesman has specifically requested me not to post it in a forum,

I am still posting not to stirr up, but to advise you that this price is possible. I do not think this is "the" best price that you can get.

Regarding the Free Blue Ray player, pleas be aware of the conditions....

"To be eligible to claim in the ‘Samsung July LCD promotion’, consumers must purchase a Selected TV

Model during the Offer Period from a participating Australian retailer (This offer excludes TV models

purchased through any online bidding or auction websites.)"

When you are filling the online form the options you get under Retailer/Reseller are...

Bing Lee

Dick Smith

Harris Technology

Harvey Norman

Retravision

Good Guys

and Others

Please correct me if I'm wrong in saying that if you buy the tv from other retailers you are not eligible.

Ragss

Guys, I'm really sorry for the delay, I do not have access to a scanner, and the salesman has specifically requested me not to post it in a forum,

I am still posting not to stirr up, but to advise you that this price is possible. I do not think this is "the" best price that you can get.

Can you at least tell us date of purchase and what Myer store?

Edited by Philby

Regarding the Free Blue Ray player, pleas be aware of the conditions....

"To be eligible to claim in the ‘Samsung July LCD promotion’, consumers must purchase a Selected TV

Model during the Offer Period from a participating Australian retailer (This offer excludes TV models

When you are filling the online form the options you get under Retailer/Reseller are...

Bing Lee

Dick Smith

Harris Technology

Harvey Norman

Retravision

Good Guys

and Others

Please correct me if I'm wrong in saying that if you buy the tv from other retailers you are not eligible.

Ragss

The Digital Centre also has this offer on their website. I guess they and other small retailers come under the "and others" category.

Click Here

I think that the sentence in brackets explains this. Missing from the list are the likes of Myers, David Jones, JB's etc. and i doubt if you purchased from these retailers you would be excluded.( hence the "others" option)

I hope so anyway as i purchased from JB's :unsure:

I think that the sentence in brackets explains this. Missing from the list are the likes of Myers, David Jones, JB's etc. and i doubt if you purchased from these retailers you would be excluded.( hence the "others" option)

I hope so anyway as i purchased from JB's :unsure:

I spoke to Samsung CSO and you are correct. The only vendors excluded are Auction based sales. Other B&M and online sales are accepted.

I spoke to Samsung CSO and you are correct. The only vendors excluded are Auction based sales. Other B&M and online sales are accepted.

Phew! :rolleyes:

Is anyone else having a problem with the online Blue Ray Player claim form?

After I enter all the information, when I hit the submit button, I get a pop-up window that says "Please check your credit card number".

All the information is entered correctly.

noobie question, but can an LCD be laid flat, like in the back of a hatch with the seats down?

I'm keen on the 46" 650, but want to know if i need to pay for delivery or whether I can simply bring it home myself...

Is anyone else having a problem with the online Blue Ray Player claim form?

After I enter all the information, when I hit the submit button, I get a pop-up window that says "Please check your credit card number".

All the information is entered correctly.

Yes having the exact same problem, emailed Samsung to if its a problem at there end :angry:

Yes having the exact same problem, emailed Samsung to if its a problem at there end :angry:

Must be their end then.

I'll give them a call tomorrow, if they don't fix it.

does anyone know if JB Hifi could possible forward date my receipt? I only purchased the 40" A650 10 days ago, and at that time had no idea of this promotion with the Bluray player. it was pretty much the Friday before last. 10 friggin days early....

does anyone know if JB Hifi could possible forward date my receipt? I only purchased the 40" A650 10 days ago, and at that time had no idea of this promotion with the Bluray player. it was pretty much the Friday before last. 10 friggin days early....

I have the same problem, purchased mine from Myer 14 days ago, bit disappointed with the purchase now considering if i had of waited i could have got a free blu-ray player.

Has anyone heard of stores refunding then reselling to change the invoice date?

:( Exactly, I'm kicking myself for buying an 650 in late June. I might go and talk to the retailer to see if they can refund/repurchase as a goodwill gesture. It's no skin off their nose, is it ?

:( Exactly, I'm kicking myself for buying an 650 in late June. I might go and talk to the retailer to see if they can refund/repurchase as a goodwill gesture. It's no skin off their nose, is it ?

Only thing i can think of is it may be an issue in regards to end of financial year closing or they may say no as it may effect their sales figures. Would be interesting to see if it happens. Would be on a case by case by any means either way.

Hey all,

Can someone please email there receipt of the 40in 650 as i would like to haggle the crap out of a retailer and buy one tomorrow.

dorics@optusnet.com.au

Help would be appreciated :)

Edited by M.Schumacher