Sign in to follow this  
hudsta

Owners Thread - Samsung New 4 , 5 & 6 Series Lcd Tv

Which models do/dont support true 1080p/24fps playback? I cant seem to find any site that specifies this exactly. I would have thought any new model LCD must be able to support it by default...

Does anyone know about a samsung offer of a free blu-ray player valued at $ 699 by redemption in july when purchase a samsung lcd tv?

Hi there, can anyone share their series 6 setting here? Thanks

Edited by bobsie

Does anyone know about a samsung offer of a free blu-ray player valued at $ 699 by redemption in july when purchase a samsung lcd tv?

I have heard the same thing. We are buying around 18 LCD panels for a project and our supplier said with the 46" A650 wait until july 1st to order as you will get a free Blueray with it but only for July.

Not bad $2600 + a Blueray :-)

I have heard the same thing. We are buying around 18 LCD panels for a project and our supplier said with the 46" A650 wait until july 1st to order as you will get a free Blueray with it but only for July.

Not bad $2600 + a Blueray :-)

Sweet.

Now I can forget about buying a Sony for the PS3.

So that's two LCD manufacturers giving away substantial freebies.

What is Panasonic giving away to promote Plasma panels over LCD?

Edited by Phantoma

Has anyone seen a side-by-side comparison of the 40inch Samsung A550 and 37inch Panasonic Viera TX-37LZD800A LCD? Need to decide which of either to buy.

Hi those from Melbourne,

If you're looking for a 40'' 650, try this place:

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/531409/s...-hd-1080p-.html

their $2069 price should be able to be used for Price Matching. Also, they are a bricks and mortar store (in Melbourne) as well as an online store.

Their non-loan price is $2,238.00

Myer Southland told us they pricematch, so others should.

That's what we plan to do.

K.

Edited by kshort

With a 40” or greater Samsung Full HD LCD TV (A550, A650 and A750 series) you will receive a Samsung BDP-1500 Blu-ray player or Foxtel iQ unit via redemption. It is currently not confirmed if Full HD Plasma’s will also have the promotion but definitely confirmed for the Samsung LCD range. Foxtel iQ requires a Foxtel subscription, if a subscription is not in place a free 3 month subscription will be included but must be maintained for a total of 24 months. It would seem that the Samsung Blu-ray player is the obvious choice unless you already use Foxtel.

The deal is valid until the end of July, and in August ONLY the Foxtel iQ will be available for redemption.

So if you’re thinking about buying a Samsung Full HD this weekend, don’t! Go in, negotiate a price if you must but don’t pick up the TV or get it delivered until 1st July or the promotion will not be valid.

from http://www.ozbargain.com.au

Hi those from Melbourne,

If you're looking for a 40'' 650, try this place:

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/531409/s...-hd-1080p-.html

their $2069 price should be able to be used for Price Matching. Also, they are a bricks and mortar store (in Melbourne) as well as an online store.

Their non-loan price is $2,238.00

Myer Southland told us they pricematch, so others should.

That's what we plan to do.

K.

Hi K,

Thanks so much for your information!

Did you talk to a staff in person in Myer Southland and they were agreed to price match digital centre? Which price are they going to price match? The $2238 or the $2069?

Cheers

I havn't heard of this offer, but if its correct, I'll be getting a series 6 52"!

Free ps3 is tempting, but free blue ray with a series 6, too good to pass up!

Geeze, I hope its true!

to anyone that has an A650, do you notice air bubbles/pockets forming at random places on the screen? at first I thought it was a protection thing for the screen (like on a new phone), but I dont think it is.

just got a 52" a650 for $3599 for cash from Bing Lee at Rouse Hill shopping centre in nsw. JB Hi Fi in the same place would only do 3800.

they would have done the 46" a650 in bing lee for $2800 and $2750 from Jb hi fi..

Hi guys (and girls),

What's the best price someone has gotten for a 650 40 inch in Queensland/Brisbane? That tv has my tax return's name on it B)

Saw a 52 A650 next to a 52 xbr today ... side by side the samsung looked like a kuro!

Twice as black, twice the pop, was pretty stark.

Wish I had a light controlled room .. almost want to build one to house one of these puppies now they are so cheap in 52 inch.

Bought a samsung 46 650 for 2640 including 2 year warranty at myers.Thats 3 years samsung + extra 2 years from Myers.

WTF - thats like $2450???? Some places are still not budging any lower than that on the F 46???????????

Can they really give BD players and stuff free at these prices ... at this rate they will be paying us to take the by xmas ha ha.

Bought a samsung 46 650 for 2640 including 2 year warranty at myers.Thats 3 years samsung + extra 2 years from Myers.

Wow that sounds cheap for the 46 Inch...

Which Myer,? What did you use to bargain for that price? Any chance I can get a copy of the receipt to bargin with?

Cheers

Guest David Tran

Just bought the 40" 650 for $2000, Good Guys Oxley Brisbane.

David

Wow. That's awesome. I'll definitely check them out!

Was wondering if I could have a copy of the receipt?

stonx@yahoo.com

Thanks

Just bought the 40" 650 for $2000, Good Guys Oxley Brisbane.

David

Hi, You are a legend! Do you mind if you post invoice/email? Glad to hear people are getting good deals on them in QLD finally!

is there any difference between the 5 & 6 series 32"? and do you think i could pick up a 5 series 32" for $1,000?

Edited by AiMsHiT

I too would like a copy of the receipt/invoice if OK?

roastedphilby@hotmail.com

Many Thanks

Hi Guys, I'm looking to buy a Samsung LA46A650A1F on the weekend and was wondering if anyone would be able to pm me a receipt??

Also I have heard good reports about its performance with soccer and NRL, but as I watch alot of footy I was wondering if anyone has actually seen how it performs with AFL yet?

Thanks,

I saw a 52" Samsung showing AFL at Harvey Norman at Moore Park on Saturday and it looked fine. As I watch a lot of AFL myself this has been a concern but from what I saw I will be going ahead and getting the Samsung. Along side it was a Sony X series and the colour on the Sammy looked far more vivid.