Sign in to follow this  
hudsta

Owners Thread - Samsung New 4 , 5 & 6 Series Lcd Tv

How to find out how long the LCD backlight has been used?

Does anyone know if the Series6 keeps track of how long the backlight has been used & if so how you can get to this info?

Hello folks,

My Samsung 46" 650 is nearly a year old. I have just discovered that HDMI 4 which is the side panel HDMI input does not transmit any audio. The rear HDMI connecvtions work fine. It is only the side panel one that does not. I believe the problem has been there since day one. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there an easy fix? The TV is still under warranty, but I am not sure how difficult it would be to get repaired or how much hassle this problem is worth. In other words, If there was no side panel HDMI connection, I would still have bought the TV. But as there is one and it does not work, I feel a bit cheated.

thanks,

KH

Hello all,

I recently purchased a LA52A650 and was wondering if there are any posts with what are the preferred settings for Blu-ray/Movies, etc? Unfortunately I can't seem to do a thread search and this thread is very long.

Also is this TV the same as the US LN52A650? And if so, would the settings for that TV be applicable to our Aus version?

Cheers,

Zolt

Hello folks,

My Samsung 46" 650 is nearly a year old. I have just discovered that HDMI 4 which is the side panel HDMI input does not transmit any audio. The rear HDMI connecvtions work fine. It is only the side panel one that does not. I believe the problem has been there since day one. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there an easy fix? The TV is still under warranty, but I am not sure how difficult it would be to get repaired or how much hassle this problem is worth. In other words, If there was no side panel HDMI connection, I would still have bought the TV. But as there is one and it does not work, I feel a bit cheated.

thanks,

KH

Same Problem with HDMI 1 input, as we speak my LA40A650 IS AT A SAMSUNG REPAIRER under Warranty

hi guys

phew! lots of pages here, is it possible somebody would be able to quickly just tell me the differences between these 2 Series 5 LCD's

the 32 inchers LA32B550 and LA32A550

when you compare them on the Samsung page it is unclear as they used different terminology for the same features, i really don't like the way they do that, can't they just keep some uniformity to it ?

http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/subtype...p;subtype=lcdtv

is it just different inputs,response time, pip, and headphones and slightly different size and finish ?

am i missing anything ? they are both Full HD it seems.

Edited by BlueRing

hi guys

phew! lots of pages here, is it possible somebody would be able to quickly just tell me the differences between these 2 Series 5 LCD's

the 32 inchers LA32B550 and LA32A550

when you compare them on the Samsung page it is unclear as they used different terminology for the same features, i really don't like the way they do that, can't they just keep some uniformity to it ?

http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/subtype...p;subtype=lcdtv

is it just different inputs,response time, pip, and headphones and slightly different size and finish ?

am i missing anything ? they are both Full HD it seems.

My understanding is that these are essentially the same TV's. We just bought one at JB HiFi. LA32B550 but this model only has a one year warranty as standard.. Check and see if the older A model still has a three year warranty, then it might be worth it.

KH.

P.S. Still waiting for my HDMI problem to be fixed.

KH

My understanding is that these are essentially the same TV's. We just bought one at JB HiFi. LA32B550 but this model only has a one year warranty as standard.. Check and see if the older A model still has a three year warranty, then it might be worth it.

KH.

P.S. Still waiting for my HDMI problem to be fixed.

KH

B is the replacement model for A

B is the replacement model for A

Are there any major differences between the A and B models?

Anyone care to post some settings for the LA55B650?

I'll post my own when I get it how I like it!

Wags

Same Problem with HDMI 1 input, as we speak my LA40A650 IS AT A SAMSUNG REPAIRER under Warranty

so then D3CID3R, did the problem ever get fixed?

Here is an update on my story so far. The Samsung repair guy came and replaced the main board, which did not fix the problem, but he said it was the small board at the side for the side inputs that would be at fault. After two months and a reminder that I was still here phone call, they came without particular warning and replaced the other part.

However, not being aware that they would come that day, I had not left out a long HDMI lead for testing with the Samsung blu-ray player. Repair guy told my wife it was all fixed, but naturally when I got home to test it, nothing had changed. There is still no sound transmission through HDMI 4.

They say that they might have to take the TV back to the bench, but I will not put up with a two month delay while parts are on back order, so they will have to give me a loaner. I am now starting to think that the problem may not be fixable without replacement by a new TV. They will have to write directly to Samsung if they can't fix the original fault.

I am just a bit worried, that they will take away my TV and replace it with one that has audio, but which has been rejected by someone else for reason of light bleed or other video problem. Obviously I don't want to move backwards, but I am still feeling cheated by having bought a set that does not live up to every promise.

I would love to hear if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Thanks,

KH

We had our fourth visit from the Samsung repair guy today.

Still no joy. We wait now to hear something from Samsung.

KH.

Hi, I recently got a LA32B650 and wondered if anyone had any suggestions for settings whilst watching SD (foxtel)? HD looks great but the picture is pretty average when on foxtel. I'm changing over the composite cable to a component so hopefully that will make some improvement, but any other suggestions? The only change i've made is turning off the Motion Plus.

We had our fourth visit from the Samsung repair guy today.

Still no joy. We wait now to hear something from Samsung.

KH.

Just a note to report back here that the HDMI4 audio problem has now been resolved. The Samsung repair people ended up taking the unit back to the shop. They had it for a week, but eventually brought it back with the sound now working.

They did leave me with a replacement TV for the week, although it was quite a hassle to get them to agree to this, and in the end it almost wasn't worth it as the replacement did not have a digital tuner, had no instructions, and also was not left to us with a remote. Fortunately there were instructions on the internet, and with some trial and error, I got our old set-top box hooked up to it, and the unit was on the harmony website and so I was able to add it to our universal remote.

Anyway, I am just reporting that I am reasonably satisfied with the way I was treated by the Samsung sound and light repair group in Melbourne. They were always pleasant on the telephone, if rather unhelpful about committing themselves on any specifics as to what would be done and when.

Anyway, I can now plug my video camera or my WDTV into the side HDMI input on the TV and actually hear the audio. :rolleyes:

Cheers all,

King Hilary.

Sorry, posted in wrong topic... (though, feel free to check the Samsung differences thread to answer my question! :D)

Edited by adhock

my q relates to the motion blur and sharpness issues i'm having with my la52a650a when playing the wii. i've just moved the wii from a sony kdl46z4500 lcd which suffered none of these issues, at this stage it's very frustrating as the pq is terrible. is there any specific gaming settings that i need to adhere too with the sammy. any suggestions would be grately appreciated.

Edited by RS2000