Sign in to follow this  
hudsta

Owners Thread - Samsung New 4 , 5 & 6 Series Lcd Tv

I was hoping someone may be able to clear up something about two Samsung models that I've been quoted as it just does not add up to me

First offer;

LA46A610

115cm (46") Full HD LCD

Integrated HD Tuner

1920 x 1080p Resolution

30000:1 Contrast Ratio

Swivel Base

3 Year warranty

Normally: $3649

Sale price is: $2999

Second offer;

LA46A650A1F

115cm (46") Full HD LCD

100Hz Motion Flow

Integrated HD Tuner

50000:1 Contrast Ratio

1080P Capable HDMI

Upconversion to component video

Bonus Ipod Dock value $149

3 Year warranty

Normally: $2899

Sale Price: $2690

I was looking at the specifications on the Samsung website and the Second Telly looks like a higher spec model and it's cheaper. From what I have read on this forum $2690 looks like a decent price for a LA46A650 ( however I am not sure what the A1F means in the model number ).

I am wondering if some kind of mistake has been made in the first offer for the LA46A610. Possibly the wrong model number has been listed or maybe it's some kind of sales gimick to promote the second offer.

Edited by digizone

I was hoping someone may be able to clear up something about two Samsung models that I've been quoted as it just does not add up to me

First offer;

LA46A610

115cm (46") Full HD LCD

Integrated HD Tuner

1920 x 1080p Resolution

30000:1 Contrast Ratio

Swivel Base

3 Year warranty

Normally: $3649

Sale price is: $2999

Second offer;

LA46A650A1F

115cm (46") Full HD LCD

100Hz Motion Flow

Integrated HD Tuner

50000:1 Contrast Ratio

1080P Capable HDMI

Upconversion to component video

Bonus Ipod Dock value $149

3 Year warranty

Normally: $2899

Sale Price: $2690

I was looking at the specifications on the Samsung website and the Second Telly looks like a higher spec model and it's cheaper. From what I have read on this forum $2690 looks like a decent price for a LA46A650 ( however I am not sure what the A1F means in the model number ).

I am wondering if some kind of mistake has been made in the first offer for the LA46A610. Possibly the wrong model number has been listed or maybe it's some kind of sales gimick to promote the second offer.

Gday mate,

I queried mine when I got my replacement TV the first time. I first got an LA40A610APIF, the next one I got was LA40A6103f. I rang samsung and they explained that the last two or three letters are simply for determining which production line the TV was in.

It looks to me as though the 610 is 50 hertz and the 650 is the go. I am not sure why the price is different, 650 is a better model! The resolution wasn't listed though, is it full hd like the other one?

Looks like they've got the prices mixed up. The A650 is the better model.

ok Thanx guys that's what I was thinking also.

Can you confirm that it's a good price for the LA46A650A1F or should I be able to pick up a newer series samsung for under 3k ?

ok Thanx guys that's what I was thinking also.

Can you confirm that it's a good price for the LA46A650A1F or should I be able to pick up a newer series samsung for under 3k ?

Friends of mine got the 46" 650 from either Bing Lee or GG for $2500 about a month before Christmas...not even sure she haggled that much. New stock will probably be subject to the threatened price rises though....good luck.

$2300 for the LA46A650 AT hardly normal, i mean Harvey Norman... if you haggle :)

had one organised for the parents cos they liked mine.. but they pulled the plug prior paying..

Edited by D3CID3R

Just bought 46' (la46a650) for $2376; 2 yr ext warr $169 + del $ 55; all up $2600

From Myer - Parramatta; Sales Guy was fantastic his name is Ramcey

Good luck :) :) :D:D:D

Could I put in a request for anyone (including the poster above) who has a copy of that receipt to send it on to me please? That's a great price even a few months later and it would really help my bargaining efforts for this model. Thanks very much in advance. :)

cheers

i purchased a 55inch series 9 samsung a couple of weeks ago and i have noticed normally of a night time especially when watching the channel 10 news on digital that i get a lot of audio drop out no picture drop outs just the audio it gets bad dropping out 2 -3 times a minute for a couple of seconds at a time does not happen as much during the day anyone else have this happen to them??

hey guys, im looking at spending 2K$. thinking either samsung or sony LCD...

40-46" range.

looked at

Samsung LA40A650AIF for i think 2100 at JB (lowered price from 23 something)

or sony KDL40W4500 for the same price, same shop.

then i went to another JB and they had a samsung LA46A550 for 2K$ after not much talking and i reckon id get him to around 1900-1950..

is it worth dropping back to a series 5 for an extra 6 inches ? or should i go the series 6 / sony ?

thanks

Bigger is better ;)

I bought a 50" plasma stepping up from a 63cm CRT. It looked huger for about 3 days and then we got used to it. I would love to upsize to a 65 incher now.

BTW, we sit 2-3m away from the screen

Hi Guys, been reading a lot of info over the weekend since i'm planning on finally getting rid of my old CRT (yea I know :)) and have been leaning heavily towards the LA46A650, 46" is about right for the room. I went browsing around after work today briefly at JB, Harvey, Domayne, Joyce Mane and the prices I saw were nothing what i've seen quoted in this thread over the past couple of months, the cheapest I saw from these stores was around $3300! at JB. Prices on the net and earlier in the thread seem to have ranged from as low as $2500-$2800.

Did I just miss a good bargain season or is it something to do with my area (Wollongong, 1hr from Sydney)? I like a good haggle but being realistic i'd never get those prices.

Cheers.

.........have been leaning heavily towards the LA46A650, ........, the cheapest I saw from these stores was around $3300! at JB.

Are you sure it is the series 6 you saw & not the later models?

Are you sure it is the series 6 you saw & not the later models?

I think so, the stores I checked generally had a range of the various Series. This is from the JB website http://tinyurl.com/brkumm and was the same price I saw instore, do I have the correct model in the above link (I thought I did)?

To me it seemed everything was relatively close to the RRP of the sets. :( My plan was to make a purchase around mid March as i'm going overseas on business for 3.5 weeks soon, hopefully prices can come down a little again, after some more reading last night I saw that article about flat panels getting a 10%-30% increase on price as of Feb 1 for most of the leading companies which was disappointing.

I grabbed the 46inch series 6 for $2550 late november and the ticketed prices were $2800ish. Have you tried haggling yet, as you won't know how low they will go until you start asking. BTW, I love my TV and regret not upgrading from a CRT to an LCD earlier.

I grabbed the 46inch series 6 for $2550 late november and the ticketed prices were $2800ish. Have you tried haggling yet, as you won't know how low they will go until you start asking. BTW, I love my TV and regret not upgrading from a CRT to an LCD earlier.

$2550 is a great price. I've been struggling to get anywhere near that price in the shops in perth, but most say they will go close with copies of receipts. Any chance you could send thru a copy of the receipts so that others could benefit from your good deal? It would be much appreciated.

My email address is ianpublicstuff@gmail.com .

cheers,

Ian

Sure, I'll try and load it up tonight. I just walked into Retravision and asked for their best price being $2550. However i went down on a Thursday night to buy and the store was shut, so I walked into JB-HIFI who matched the deal. I paid $180 for an extra 2years warranty & $90 dollars for a surge/power board. But those items were negotiated after the TV.

Also I've heard that its a bit more difficult to squeeze a great deal in Perth & South Australia, maybe because the communities are smaller and the shops don't fear competition the same way. But happy to try and help. By the way i got mine in Melbourne.

Edited by GNU

Sure, I'll try and load it up tonight.

Thanks heaps, that would be great. I'm hoping to get the TV in the next day or two so that I might be able to convince them to backdate the receipt to January for the bluray promotion :)

Im interested to know how low u can get the stores here in perth, keep us posted

just wanna know if any one else is having issues with the screen image going black but the audio still working then the image comes back on

ie your watching/playing some thing then the whole screen goes black and then the game/movie comes back but theres audio the whole time

tv is a LA40A650 , seems to only happening with HDMI inputs

I know this is a late response, but I was looking for someone else with the same problem...

... I have a PS50A550 that this happens on all the time, regardless of source, but only with HDMI1. I tried different cables - no difference; then I moved the connection to HDMI3 and I've not had the blank screens since... As I only have one HDMI device (my Blu-ray) I can live with this - are you having the problem with all of your HDMI ports?

I know this is a late response, but I was looking for someone else with the same problem...

... I have a PS50A550 that this happens on all the time, regardless of source, but only with HDMI1. I tried different cables - no difference; then I moved the connection to HDMI3 and I've not had the blank screens since... As I only have one HDMI device (my Blu-ray) I can live with this - are you having the problem with all of your HDMI ports?

I too experience this problem. Intermittently when playing my Xbox 360 via HDMI 4.

leaning heavily towards the LA46A650, 46" is about right for the room. I went browsing around after work today briefly at JB, Harvey, Domayne, Joyce Mane and the prices I saw were nothing what i've seen quoted in this thread over the past couple of months, the cheapest I saw from these stores was around $3300

I got the 7 series for $3100 at JBs about 3 weeks ago. Seemed a pretty good price but I know they were just about out of stock so maybe the new stock is coming at new prices?

Will be going to get my 46"series 6 from JB Hi Fi in Miranda NSW with extended waranty for $2650. Cant wait

40-46" range.

looked at

Samsung LA40A650AIF for i think 2100 at JB (lowered price from 23 something)

or sony KDL40W4500 for the same price, same shop.

I'm in EXACTLY the same boat as you, looking at the same screens. Although 46" is ideal for my room, only the 850 series will fit in my crappy ikea furniture, the 650 is 1cm too high.

I've got a 32" HD(ready) bravia now, and am thinking of going with the KDL40V4000 at $1699 , which seems good. The 46' 850's are just too pricey ($3400)?

I'll be spending the difference on mounting my TW2000 projector and screen to drop down in front of the TV for proper movie watching, the TV is just for "day to day telly" and movies that don't require a 100" screen experience.

What decision did you take?

If you had to choose between the sony KDL40W4500 and the sammy LA40A650 at the same price, which would be the best????

I'm leaning sony, and really need to read a samsung review with direct comparison.

Edited by DisasterArea

ended up getting a 46" series 5 samsung (LA46A550) for 1950 including free delivery, and that was on 6 months interest free... so im pretty happy.. thanks harvey norman. :)

they had it ticketed for 2700.