Sign in to follow this  
hudsta

Owners Thread - Samsung New 4 , 5 & 6 Series Lcd Tv

.... or when watching dark content.

In a sunny room it would be unwatchable. On the upside its easily the best in a reasonably light controlled environment.

well, luckily i dont have a window behind or light that shines on the TV.

any idea where I can get wall mounts? i'm thinking of mounting it, when I move house, end of this year.

my overhead lighting is pointed directly at it, and when there's an image you don't see reflection much. also, you learn to look through the reflection

the ethernet port. It just givesyou stuff about weather and stock reports and latest news. it's not in the series 6. If you want that feature you'll have wait till august when the Series 7 ships in Australia which includes the ethernet port and also gives you the ability to watch divx movies via USB and has some cooking recipes, yoga programs and a bulgier exterior body( similar to the F Series but with the cherry border). Apart from that everything else is the same as the Series 6.

It's useless to me as I can't route a ethernet cable to the tv because it'll just look ugly on the floor. Unless Series 7 support Wi-Fi - Which it doesn't.

If you have Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 all of the above features are already there and with benefit of Wi-Fi !!

Edited by jammyfox

Sorry to those who wanted me to scan the receipt... i don't have a scanner (or access to one). I had a crack at taking a photo of it but it was unreadable.

It won't be that hard to get that price... as a said before I was offered $2600/$2650 at two stores

Thanks, I cannot get near that price here in SA, best so far is $2900, so if anyone does have a receipt of the 46" 650 for $2600 I would love to get a copy.

Edited by Philby

would anyone be so kind as to share their FTA TV settings (via regular antenna), as well as those for XBox 360 via HDMI?

You might like to try These settings for a start.

Shopped around Melbourne City and Highpoint and try to get them to match the $2000 someone who got in Sydney Myer or Canberra Myer for the 40inch 6 series.

But nobody can even gave me a price around that!

Went to Highpoint Myer, and only was told $2495 is the lowest they can get. Went to HN and Dick Smith later and couldn't find the 6 series there! I went to JB in Highpoint and saw the listed price is $24xx(can't remember the exact amount) which is lower than the "lowest" price offered in Myer Highpoint. It also says you can pay in weekly for that price! But since I've got about $150 Myer gift card, I decided to try to get a quote in Myer City without asking for a price in JB.

So I went back to the Myer City, a guy told me $2450 is the lowest. I told him that my friend got one for $2000 in Myer Canberra. He went back to his computer and called his manager. He then told me that they won't match price with inter-state and told me another lowest price is $2299. He said they only match local competitors. So if I can get a catalog or a note from other store, they can match it.

I went to HN in QV and finally found the 6 series there. A guy told me that the lowest one they can do is $2395...Come on man...give me a good deal plz!

So after all the haggling without getting a great price, I'm so tired of it now. I really want to know did anybody in Melbourne get a good price for the 40inch A650?

Cheers

just helped a mate set up a 46 6 series. Jealous now.

Anyone know what the going rate for a 10 month old 40" R series with +2yr warranty is?

Anyone know what the going rate for a 10 month old 40" R81 with +2yr warranty is?

Anyone know what the going rate for a 10 month old 40" R81 with +2yr warranty is?

EDIT: Geeze, get some new servers.

Edited by varvs

Hi Koby, I got the 40inch 650 for $2240 including delivery from Hardly Normal in QV/Melbourne. It did take a while and I had to go through all that 'computer says no' crap! In the end the salesman was quite good - finding the salesman is the problem there - it is so understaffed.

Edited by bobsie

It would be appreciated if anyone could please provide some guidance.

I am trying to decide between the old LA46F81DBX (46" F Series) for $2480 or paying the bit extra for the new LA46A650. I see some people are getting the 650's for around $2800 which I am hoping I can bargain down to if this is the one I choose. The only realy drawback I can see with the F81 is the 100Hz motion-flow issues (which apparently can be minimised by the new firmware). Apart from that I love the unit and think it is a fairly competitive price. However, I just wanted a second opinion before I made the purchase and then regreted it!

Any comments would be appreciated. Cheers

What is the cheapest someone has gotten for the 46" A650 in Melbourne? Not including online stores of course.

Hi Koby, I got the 40inch 650 for $2240 including delivery from Hardly Normal in QV/Melbourne. It did take a while and I had to go through all that 'computer says no' crap! In the end the salesman was quite good - finding the salesman is the problem there - it is so understaffed.

Hi Bobsie, do you mind if you can email me your receipt? It would be great if you can do so! My email address is kobyyu@gmail.com.

Cheers!

What is the cheapest someone has gotten for the 46" A650 in Melbourne? Not including online stores of course.

I just got the 52" 650 for $3,500 at Myer - and then get $60 back in vouchers.

hey anyone with Series 6 find the overscan on 16:9 mode is unnecessary? There's like a 2 cm overscan around the whole picture on 52" Series 6.

Anyone know how i can go into the "Just Scan" mode for Standard Def pictures?

Thanks

Shopped around Melbourne City and Highpoint and try to get them to match the $2000 someone who got in Sydney Myer or Canberra Myer for the 40inch 6 series.

But nobody can even gave me a price around that!

Went to Highpoint Myer, and only was told $2495 is the lowest they can get. Went to HN and Dick Smith later and couldn't find the 6 series there! I went to JB in Highpoint and saw the listed price is $24xx(can't remember the exact amount) which is lower than the "lowest" price offered in Myer Highpoint. It also says you can pay in weekly for that price! But since I've got about $150 Myer gift card, I decided to try to get a quote in Myer City without asking for a price in JB.

So I went back to the Myer City, a guy told me $2450 is the lowest. I told him that my friend got one for $2000 in Myer Canberra. He went back to his computer and called his manager. He then told me that they won't match price with inter-state and told me another lowest price is $2299. He said they only match local competitors. So if I can get a catalog or a note from other store, they can match it.

I went to HN in QV and finally found the 6 series there. A guy told me that the lowest one they can do is $2395...Come on man...give me a good deal plz!

So after all the haggling without getting a great price, I'm so tired of it now. I really want to know did anybody in Melbourne get a good price for the 40inch A650?

Cheers

just get one online dude...

afaik, TV + delivery is about $2240 for 40" at Gameon.com.au (or is it .net.au?). I got mine for $2099 at JB Hifi Macquarie, NSW.

just get one online dude...

afaik, TV + delivery is about $2240 for 40" at Gameon.com.au (or is it .net.au?). I got mine for $2099 at JB Hifi Macquarie, NSW.

He probably wants to do a fraudulent salary sacrifice :D

By the way anyone experiencing too much overscanning on Standrd Def channels? Mine could be reduced by about 2cm around the edges. There's no "just scan" mode for these channels. any ideas on how to fix this? Possibly through the service menu(but i'm not too sure i wanna touch that)?

I just got the 52" 650 for $3,500 at Myer - and then get $60 back in vouchers.

God these 52 inch prices are amazing ... if big panel prices keep falling at this rate that will be alot cheaper than plasma at 50 inch 1080p soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to decide between the old LA46F81DBX (46" F Series) for $2480 or paying the bit extra for the new LA46A650. I see some people are getting the 650's for around $2800 which I am hoping I can bargain down to if this is the one I choose. The only realy drawback I can see with the F81 is the 100Hz motion-flow issues (which apparently can be minimised by the new firmware). Apart from that I love the unit and think it is a fairly competitive price. However, I just wanted a second opinion before I made the purchase and then regreted it!

--------------------------------

Can someone please provide comments ASAP.

Cheers

Edited by Davot77

You might like to try These settings for a start.

Those settings are horrible for Aussie FTA TV. The colours are way too yellowy. Not natural skin tones, at all.

Could anyone else share what they use for FTA HD channels, SD channels?

Cheers

Am also in the market for a Samsung Series 6 40" and have also been scouting stores to find the best price. Was quoted similar to what you found at Myer for $2450 without any bargaining.

Does anyone know what is the best price in Melbourne or do we need to do a group buy?

picked up a series 5 (32") and a series 6 (46") on the weekend. The series 5 is running great.. still waiting on delivery of the 46" though :/

Paid (at JB)

32" Series 5 $1150

46" Series 6 $2600

Ethergy, I spoke to a guy at JB Hifi here in Adelaide who checked on all sales in all states on their computer system and stated that there is no way that ANY JB store in Australia would sell a 46" Series 6 for $2600. So I can set this dude straight, what JB store did you get it from?

Edited by Philby

He probably wants to do a fraudulent salary sacrifice :D

By the way anyone experiencing too much overscanning on Standrd Def channels? Mine could be reduced by about 2cm around the edges. There's no "just scan" mode for these channels. any ideas on how to fix this? Possibly through the service menu(but i'm not too sure i wanna touch that)?

nobody got an answer for my question?

--------------------------------

Can someone please provide comments ASAP.

Cheers

Get the series 6 champ, thats a good price for an f8 but at $2800 for the new 6 series, you can't go wrong I reckon.

I'm seriously looking at it myself, and then sony chucks in a curve ball with their free ps3 deal!!!!

Love that series 6 though, seen one next to a 52" xbr, and the image just looked so much sharper. Must have something to do with not having the anti-reflecting screen I'd say?

Ethergy, I spoke to a guy at JB Hifi here in Adelaide who checked on all sales in all states on their computer system and stated that there is no way that ANY JB store in Australia would sell a 46" Series 6 for $2600. So I can set this dude straight, what JB store did you get it from?

$2650 @ Bing Lee Chatswood

$2600 @ JB Chatswood (purchased)

someone also posted earlier (Al In The Forest) that they got it for $2700 at Bing Lee, Pitt St mall, Sydney

:D

Just placed an order for the 46" 650 (LA46A650A), from Bing Lee, Pitt St mall, Sydney

$2700 delivered tomorrow.

Now off to Selby to order those cables ...

(updated to include quote)

Edited by ethergy