Sign in to follow this  
hudsta

Owners Thread - Samsung New 4 , 5 & 6 Series Lcd Tv

I want this TV so badly :( I pray that rationality will prevail: I don't need a 40", as my 32" samsung r81 is sufficient in size, and I won't benefit much from full-HD.

:blush: but it's oh so pretty :(

You came to the wrong place to get reassurance that you dont need a bigger screen. :P

News to all, I just picked up me LA40A650. I had a long stare at both the 46" and 40", and since I'm about 1M away, I went with the 40".

MYER quoted me $2099 best price, but didn't have them till next week (Macquarie, NSW). So I went to JB Hifi, and they price matched the $2099. I went home happy :-)

*PS, the TV blows everything I've owned/seen out of the water. Blacks/Whites look better then any other Plasma or LCD. Response rate is amazing... Colours are so rich... need I say more?

Its a nice tv ... best lcd easily IMO ... I even like the red .. in fact I just about love the red ... just cant do the super glossy screen.

I think 40 inch is best for LCD ... it doesnt have to work as hard on motion and blur artifacts are smaller and less noticable.

Blacks are nowhere near a decent plasma even viewing at dead centre, but you might have a nicer combinations of good blacks and really good whites.

Thanks for the good discussion that has been posted on this forum. I am in that position where I am wanting to lay my hard earned on the line for that ripper set...

I have been eyeing the Sony's for awhile, but have been questioning that thought upon seeing my Dad's 50" 1080P Viera plasma. Its a natural looking set and does an awesome job and pretty much anything that he throws at it.

However I have hearing and reading good things about the latest Sammy's. Can someone who has one please comment on the glossy screen? I have a semi bright room, but on seeing the glossy screens in the from the previous model sets @ JbHifi, it seemed very reflective. However I have temper that thought with the reminder that I have been watching a 68cm CRT for the last 10 years and haven't really had a problem.

Ended up buying two. Had the option of buying one 40" A650 for $2050 at Myer Bondi, but ended up buying two for $2000 each including an additional 2 years of warranty on them.

As for the reflective screen, it's not too bad if the window is behind the TV. Overhead lighting seems fine when the TV is showing an image: no reflection, really.

Its a nice tv ... best lcd easily IMO ... I even like the red .. in fact I just about love the red ... just cant do the super glossy screen.

I think 40 inch is best for LCD ... it doesnt have to work as hard on motion and blur artifacts are smaller and less noticable.

Blacks are nowhere near a decent plasma even viewing at dead centre, but you might have a nicer combinations of good blacks and really good whites.

black levels were tested and the result was 0.05, which was better than most plasmas on the market, with the exception of a pioneer unit which brought up a 0.03 rating.

Edit: also, could people upload their settings for the TV if they believe they have the best possible picture (for FTA, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, etc.)

Problem is I move regularly and never know when i will be ina bright room ... if I settled in a light controlled room Id buy in a second.

Ive seen very dark blacks on a display but nothing that dark. Easily black enough though.

2k with 5 years is like $1800 with 3 years ... so so so cheap ... Ive never seen even a F series at 2k til recently. Such a tempting TV.

Hi, just joined the forum, I am looking to buy the new 52" Sammy. I am an AFL supporter and was wondering if any of you guy's that have now got sets have had a chance to watch any live sport particularly AFL. Does the 'motion flow' work to expectations.

picked up a series 5 (32") and a series 6 (46") on the weekend. The series 5 is running great.. still waiting on delivery of the 46" though :/

Paid (at JB)

32" Series 5 $1150

46" Series 6 $2600

Hi, just joined the forum, I am looking to buy the new 52" Sammy. I am an AFL supporter and was wondering if any of you guy's that have now got sets have had a chance to watch any live sport particularly AFL. Does the 'motion flow' work to expectations.

haven't seen the AFL on the Series 6 yet, the Series 5 has trouble keeping up with movements due to all the paning in AFL but has no problems with NRL/Football (Soccer)

picked up a series 5 (32") and a series 6 (46") on the weekend. The series 5 is running great.. still waiting on delivery of the 46" though :/

Paid (at JB)

32" Series 5 $1150

46" Series 6 $2600

Could you email copy of receipt for the 46" to roastedphilby@hotmail.com ? Thanks :winky:

Was that the A610 or A650?

Was that the A610 or A650?

650 (LA46A650A1F)

Edited by ethergy

didn't take much to get them down on the price. Went to Bing Lee and told them that i was offered $2700/$1200 for the 6 and 5, they came back with an offer of matching the price (with delivery) or taking $50 (without delivery). Then went to JB and told them the price i was offered and ended up getting them for $2600/$1150 (got an extra $100 off because they didnt have the 46" 650 in stock)

please samsung PLEASE have a promotion (aka free 36") with a 46" soon..... could very well be deal of the century if (hopefully when) they do!!

Sorry to those who wanted me to scan the receipt... i don't have a scanner (or access to one). I had a crack at taking a photo of it but it was unreadable.

It won't be that hard to get that price... as a said before I was offered $2600/$2650 at two stores

Edited by ethergy

just got the 52" series 6 from Digital Centre for $3326 with 4 years to pay promotion. The only way their doing it cheaper than the others is because they get commission for the promotion from the bank. It's a very high interest loan. But i'm gonna pay it all back within the first repayment month so it'll only set me back about $80 so no worries. All up it's about $3400.

would anyone be so kind as to share their FTA TV settings (via regular antenna), as well as those for XBox 360 via HDMI?

Hi Guys, I'm looking to buy a Samsung LA46A650A1F on the weekend and was wondering if anyone would be able to pm me a receipt??

Also I have heard good reports about its performance with soccer and NRL, but as I watch alot of footy I was wondering if anyone has actually seen how it performs with AFL yet?

Thanks,

if anyone still has worries about the glossy screen. read this...

* Yes, it is EXTREMELY reflective (when its OFF)

* It is not at all reflective to the point where it distracts you etc when on.

Picture is phenomenal quality and the gloss doesnt do anything to affect the picture quality. I prefer this over my matte Samsung, anyday.

Casing is very glossy. the red, you wont even notice it. It's more like deep deep maroon. The pictures are all garbage, it's not as red as it looks. it's more "in-tone" with the black. very very dark maroon/red. not at all neon/striking red.

argh i'm quite angry that we didn't get the ethernet port. The US version seems to have it, so I have no idea why we must miss out.

I'd be very interested in peoples calibration settings for this TV sill

wow thats a great price for a 32 inch can anyone post a receipt - thanks is this the 1080p version?

what is the difference b/w 5 and 6 series?

Edited by zorg

* Yes, it is EXTREMELY reflective (when its OFF)

.... or when watching dark content.

In a sunny room it would be unwatchable. On the upside its easily the best in a reasonably light controlled environment.

Edited by mantronic

what is the difference b/w 5 and 6 series?

www.samsung.com.au

this question has been asked too many times. look at their comparative specs