Sign in to follow this  
hudsta

Owners Thread - Samsung New 4 , 5 & 6 Series Lcd Tv

I would make sure that the versions being sold in Australia either have the latest firmware - or wait for samsung to put the product on the website with firmware upgrade available.

There were a few problems with the first firmware if you check other forums.

Edited by Pleasure Paulie

I would make sure that the versions being sold in Australia either have the latest firmware - or wait for samsung to put the product on the website with firmware upgrade available.

There were a few problems with the first firmware if you check other forums.

Yep I am aware of these problems.

I wont be buying soon anyway, as the 7 series isnt even in aus yet.

The 6 series only JUST hit perth, and as yet only myer has it.

I got mates working in other stores so I'll wait till the 7 hits those stores ;)

Sammy shud by then have the site updated, (and hopefully some freebies :D )

There is also the new line of sony X and XBRs coming out in november, so might wait till they come out in america / europe and see how they go

The glass is the same as the sammys but the electronics are diff and might b better. Altho lack of streaming video will put me off.

The sammy 6/7s are getting great reviews right now. They are being likened to the kuro in some instances (black level for one :o )

Yeah, samsung 6/7 is a good TV! The new Sony's are going for the shiny screen as well? wow.

No no, all th pictures look like its the matte finish as normal

I posted on the new bravias thread a few links with the release schedule for eu and us that has pics n descriptions

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&...t&p=1088426

Hi all, my first post here. I just ordered a LA40A650 today. I was looking at the out-going F8 series Sammy's (I seem to prefer Samsung) when I saw the the 6 series and had to have it. Myer has a 15% off LCD's & Plasma's at the mo, so some bargains are to be had (yes I got the special on the new model - you rippa!). It should certainly be an upgrade from my 10 y.o. 34cm CRT I've been struggling with......ahhh HD goodness (and being able to actually see the footy score!)

Hi all, my first post here. I just ordered a LA40A650 today. I was looking at the out-going F8 series Sammy's (I seem to prefer Samsung) when I saw the the 6 series and had to have it. Myer has a 15% off LCD's & Plasma's at the mo, so some bargains are to be had (yes I got the special on the new model - you rippa!). It should certainly be an upgrade from my 10 y.o. 34cm CRT I've been struggling with......ahhh HD goodness (and being able to actually see the footy score!)

Also saw the 40" Series 6 at Myers and am very tempted to get it. Can you share what price you got it for?

...A friend of mine told me he just purchased the 32" Samsung Series 5 Full HD model (I assume the LN32A550P model) for $1200 (list price $1699) from Bing Lee in Hornsby Sydney. Is that a good price?...

Can you ask him what he thinks of it? I was going to buy one today, except for the WAFVBM at the time so I bailed out of the purchase and took the kids to McDonalds instead.

(VBM = very bad mood).

Also saw the 40" Series 6 at Myers and am very tempted to get it. Can you share what price you got it for?

I was quoted $2069.10 at Myers yesterday for this one.

Can you ask him what he thinks of it? I was going to buy one today, except for the WAFVBM at the time so I bailed out of the purchase and took the kids to McDonalds instead.

(VBM = very bad mood).

He was very impressed with it although he didn't buy it for himself, but for a friend. I'm just waiting on Sony to release the specs on there new 32v4000 1080p model before I can decide. On which one to purchase. But its definately a 32" Full HD model tv.

For the price the entry level Samsung LA32A550 1080p 32" represents very good value for money, compared to the 32" Full HD models that other manufacturers have/are about to release

Samsung LA32A650 (higer spec 32" Full HD)

Panasonic 32LZD800A

Sony KDL32V4000

Is that a special 15% off or some deal like that because that is the cheapest price I have seen ever! How did you manage that? Well done also, very impressive :D I suggest you take it if its that price!

Edited by Pleasure Paulie

I picked up a 32" 6 series, LA32A650, on saturday and sunday from HN Marion for $1716. So far everything as expected, a great unit. The first one i got on saturday was DOA though, power to the unit but would not fire.

Which Myer were you quoted for?

Wow, that sounds like a good price. Which Myer was it at?

Guys i bought my 40 inch 650 from Myer Southland for $2250, rrp was 2799 with a 15 % discount off that. Spewing if you can get one for less than that becuase i bought a panasonic 50 inch 700a at the same time.

The tv is bloody awesome, the screen is shiny however its in my room so can close the blinds. Few negatives to mention is the slow changing of channels, pip can only have a source as the main screen so if your waiting for PS3 to download you can watch tv but with no sound and no 5.1 passthrough only 2 channel from ps3.

Has anyone been able to see a 550 vs 650 side by side? I'm thinking of buying the 40 inch, but not sure what $400 extra for the 40A650 gets me except reflections on the screen. Any one have any thoughts if its worth $400 extra? Then there is the 610, it's just getting silly now :-)

Edited by lcdtv

The tv is bloody awesome, the screen is shiny however its in my room so can close the blinds. Few negatives to mention is the slow changing of channels, pip can only have a source as the main screen so if your waiting for PS3 to download you can watch tv but with no sound and no 5.1 passthrough only 2 channel from ps3.

You mean you can only get stereo? How do you have it plugged up?

I was planning on ordering the 46" A650 from Gameon.net.au for about $2750 delivered.

Samsung 6 Series Prices

however, a few people here mentioned $2069 for the 40" 6 series, judging by the fact that the 40" is $2195 on Gameon.net.au, I was wondering if anyone knew what the 46" 6 Series costs at Myer??? Any one know?

phoenix2391 yesterday Myer in Canberra quoted me $2695 delivered for the 46" 650 (no stock till next week)

That was without any haggling, so I think there was something left..

I'm waiting a week or 2 in case there are some bonus/offers available from Samsung.

Damn the 650x40" looks good. Just hope they have the 100hz motion flow fixed that seemed to bug the F81

Edited by GP11

I was planning on ordering the 46" A650 from Gameon.net.au for about $2750 delivered.

Samsung 6 Series Prices

however, a few people here mentioned $2069 for the 40" 6 series, judging by the fact that the 40" is $2195 on Gameon.net.au, I was wondering if anyone knew what the 46" 6 Series costs at Myer??? Any one know?

I got quoted $3000 for the 46" 6 series at Myer Marion. I opted for the 40" for $2399, which was $70 more than the outgoing 40" F8 on special (which is what I was going to buy as I didn't even know the new 6 series was being released).

I got quoted $3000 for the 46" 6 series at Myer Marion. I opted for the 40" for $2399, which was $70 more than the outgoing 40" F8 on special (which is what I was going to buy as I didn't even know the new 6 series was being released).

Froku, did they actually have a 46" 6 series on the floor?

I'm still yet to see one in the flesh.

Cheers, Wags

You mean you can only get stereo? How do you have it plugged up?

I think what he means is that the 5.1 from hdmi doesnt get passed through to the optical out

Thats a problem with all tvs these days. So annoying

I wonder if there is a way to fix that through the sevice menu

Samsung 6 Series Prices

The $2069 price comes from the digitalcentre.com.au website. Myer must be pricematching to get the sale.

The digital centre is selling the 46" 650 for $2587 (plus delivery).

Look Here

Hi Folks

First time posting to this forum, but I have viewed members' contributions for some months now.

Based on input from this, and other forums and websites (like AVS Forum and HDTVtest), I made a decision to buy the Samsung 6 series. My decision was validated - at least from the looks perspective - on arrival in Myer showrooms of display models.

Room size is a significant factor, so I had to settle for a 40" model. With only the smallest amount of negotiating, I was able to secure an LA40A650AIF for $2000 flat including delivery from MYER Canberra Centre. A great price in my opinion!

This price was originally for a single unit, but I could not better it for the purchase of 2 - one for me and one for a friend.

Looking forward to delivery on Monday! Will be replacing my 18-year-old 26" CRT - due for an honourable retirement.

Gooseman