Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

When I first got this TV and when using the remote I had to press 0-9-0 to get Channel 9 HD or 0-7-0 to get Channel 7 HD, however, now for some reason if I press 0-9-0 the goes to Channel 0, then Channel 9, then Channel 0 again!

I can't figure out how to get the remote back to the original 0-9-0 behaviour, anybody got any ideas what I need to do to get back to he original behaviour for the remote?

Thanks,

Gary

Next to the '0' key is a " -/-- " key press that until u see _ _ _ , _ _, or _ on your screen, these represent how many number u can enter.

The HDMI playback off my PC keeps dropping out when I start a movie. Grrrr.

Have the LA46A650

Similar problem

I run off the PC (hdmi) all the time, so about every second time we turn tele on it doesn't come on straight away and can take 10 to 50 seconds to come on

It can also go off by itself if after watching tele for a while then touch any button, then we have a black screen till it sorts itself out again

ANd the full guide is a big let down how it takes forever to scan through the chanels before you can use it

I would be interested to know if anyone has improves the guide with a firmware update?

• 3 weeks later...
Sure, I'll try and load it up tonight. I just walked into Retravision and asked for their best price being $2550. However i went down on a Thursday night to buy and the store was shut, so I walked into JB-HIFI who matched the deal. I paid $180 for an extra 2years warranty & $90 dollars for a surge/power board. But those items were negotiated after the TV.

Also I've heard that its a bit more difficult to squeeze a great deal in Perth & South Australia, maybe because the communities are smaller and the shops don't fear competition the same way. But happy to try and help. By the way i got mine in Melbourne.

Hi,

Which JB Hifi did you get it from? Can you pls send receipt to fandibong@yahoo.com.sg.

Thanks

Could I put in a request for anyone (including the poster above) who has a copy of that receipt to send it on to me please? That's a great price even a few months later and it would really help my bargaining efforts for this model. Thanks very much in advance. :)

cheers

Hi,

Can you pls send receipt to me at fandibong@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks

Just bought a 46" Series 6 LA46A650 from Myer Indooroopilly half an hour ago, $2081 + $169 extra 2 years picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

Great buy mate.

I am also close to buying the LA46A650, but have some questions targeted at LA4XA650 owners;

- When outputting from a PC via DVI->HDMI to the set, I assume 1920x1080 is displayed pixel perfect?

- I remember reading that a Samsung TV had troubles keeping connected to a PC, that it would drop out and take a minute to hand-shake, also switching to and from the HDMI PC Input channel was very slow... Was this a different model? How is the performance on this model?

- Can the TV detect when the PC is off / goes to sleep / sleeps the monitor? For example, usually I have my PC monitor sleep after 10 mins of activity. I'm guessing TV's don't worry about this feature?

Cheers guys!

Great buy mate.

I am also close to buying the LA46A650, but have some questions targeted at LA4XA650 owners;

- When outputting from a PC via DVI->HDMI to the set, I assume 1920x1080 is displayed pixel perfect?

- I remember reading that a Samsung TV had troubles keeping connected to a PC, that it would drop out and take a minute to hand-shake, also switching to and from the HDMI PC Input channel was very slow... Was this a different model? How is the performance on this model?

- Can the TV detect when the PC is off / goes to sleep / sleeps the monitor? For example, usually I have my PC monitor sleep after 10 mins of activity. I'm guessing TV's don't worry about this feature?

Cheers guys!

Anyone? I may have to start a new thread.

Just bought a 46" Series 6 LA46A650 from Myer Indooroopilly half an hour ago, $2081 + $169 extra 2 years picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

Are you sure its 46 inch? Is that brand new? I went through all forum, and never seen anyone get it below $2300 for 46 inch.

We pick up a New Samsung 52in LCD today model LA52A650A1F and within minutes we noticed it had severe back light leaking through the Top right and Bottom right. The LHSide isn't that bad. Doesn't matter where you set the backlight settings right down to setting 2 from 10 its there. changing the Contrast/brightness makes no difference.

Have others had the same with this model? (PS I looks like a car headlight spraying light in further it goes the weaker it gets)

Are you sure its 46 inch? Is that brand new? I went through all forum, and never seen anyone get it below $2300 for 46 inch.

I'm just about to go pick up the LA46A650 for $2499 with a bonus $250 voucher from good guys. This is in Adelaide, so I wouldn't be surprised if the TV can be had for much cheaper in the Eastern states.

Great buy mate.

Cheers guys!

I'll answer my own questions for future reference for others ;)

Yes. Set zoom to "just scan". Default picture settings has sharpness at 75. This is way too sharp and makes text etc. look crazy. Set to 5 or less if you want your desktop looking 100% as it should.

So far so good. Hand shaking is fast, no drop outs. Using Nvidia 8600GT with relatively recent drivers; detects HDMI monitor, defaulted to 1920x1080 60hz and has options for 1920x1080 24fps :)

Unfortunately not. Just shows no signal.

Edited by marty131

HI all,

I recently got a Samsung Series 6 42" and so far am loving it.

Was watching a video off my media centre tonight and a couple of times the screen went blank and reset all the changes I had made to the brightness, contrast, etc.

anyone else seen this? and know how to fix it?

HI all,

I recently got a Samsung Series 6 42" and so far am loving it.

Was watching a video off my media centre tonight and a couple of times the screen went blank and reset all the changes I had made to the brightness, contrast, etc.

anyone else seen this? and know how to fix it?

Series 6 connected to a PC....seem to recall some other posting about similar issues as you have mentioned. Dont know the specifics of a fix thoguh.

Have the LA46A650

Similar problem

I run off the PC (hdmi) all the time, so about every second time we turn tele on it doesn't come on straight away and can take 10 to 50 seconds to come on

It can also go off by itself if after watching tele for a while then touch any button, then we have a black screen till it sorts itself out again

ANd the full guide is a big let down how it takes forever to scan through the chanels before you can use it

I would be interested to know if anyone has improves the guide with a firmware update?

me 2.

While the PC is running, unplug, wait, then replug back in the HDMI cable to the PC. Worked for me, after HORRENDOUSLY losing picture about every 1 second at it's worst to about 10 mins at best.

me 2.

While the PC is running, unplug, wait, then replug back in the HDMI cable to the PC. Worked for me, after HORRENDOUSLY losing picture about every 1 second at it's worst to about 10 mins at best.

I haven't had this problem once yet, touch wood. Perhaps it's the PC? Have you had the chance to change PCs? What firmware is the TV running? Another thing to note is that my PC is on 24/7 (TV isn't obviously).

Stumble upon catchoftheday.com.au website

They are having Samsung 6 and 7 series Sales today ONLY.

46" 6 Series - $2099

46" 8 Series - $2699

52" 6 Series - $2799

52" 7 Series - $3299

Looks like they are all sold out except 52" 6 series. Harvey Norman have the same price for the 46" 8 Series ($2,699) on their website which should be honoured in any store if you print it off. Valid until today only I think.

Stumble upon catchoftheday.com.au website

They are having Samsung 6 and 7 series Sales today ONLY.

46" 6 Series - $2099

46" 8 Series - $2699

52" 6 Series - $2799

52" 7 Series - $3299

Harvey Norman price matched all of these today if you bring in the ad (and if they have stock). I got the 52" Series 6 (they had sold out of series 7). Plus they were giving away $250 gift cards with them.