Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Saw a 52 A650 next to a 52 xbr today ... side by side the samsung looked like a kuro!

Twice as black, twice the pop, was pretty stark.

Wish I had a light controlled room .. almost want to build one to house one of these puppies now they are so cheap in 52 inch.

Bought a samsung 46 650 for 2640 including 2 year warranty at myers.Thats 3 years samsung + extra 2 years from Myers.

Wow that sounds cheap for the 46 Inch...

Which Myer,? What did you use to bargain for that price? Any chance I can get a copy of the receipt to bargin with?

Cheers

Bought a samsung 46 650 for 2640 including 2 year warranty at myers.Thats 3 years samsung + extra 2 years from Myers.

I too would like a copy of the receipt/invoice if OK?

roastedphilby@hotmail.com

Many Thanks

Hi Guys, I'm looking to buy a Samsung LA46A650A1F on the weekend and was wondering if anyone would be able to pm me a receipt??

Also I have heard good reports about its performance with soccer and NRL, but as I watch alot of footy I was wondering if anyone has actually seen how it performs with AFL yet?

Thanks,

I saw a 52" Samsung showing AFL at Harvey Norman at Moore Park on Saturday and it looked fine. As I watch a lot of AFL myself this has been a concern but from what I saw I will be going ahead and getting the Samsung. Along side it was a Sony X series and the colour on the Sammy looked far more vivid.

Can anyone tell me exactly what the F8 Alternate Motion Plus Settings (v1.0) firmware update is meant to fix? I've already received an update to fix the wave issue earlier this year, but I've just discovered this firmware update on Samsung's website.

Guest BreakAtmo
is there any difference between the 5 & 6 series 32"? and do you think i could pick up a 5 series 32" for $1,000?

I want to know this as well. Originally, I took it as a given that the Series 6 would have better PQ than Series 5, but looking at the specs, this only seems to apply to the 40/46/52-inch models, and the 32" Series 6 appears to have the same dynamic contrast ratio (15,000:1) as the series 5, with the only improvements being in the Touch of Colour bezel, InfoLink, and the number of HDMI ports (from 3 to 4), none of which I have any interest in, at least not enough to pay more for. If that's the case, I'd prefer to get the Series 5 32", or if I get an unexpectedly well-paying new job, the Series 6 40".

Hey Rags,

Are you still about? Which Myer store did you get it at that price? The store and the name of the staff member you got the deal from would be helpfull.

Or are you just stiring the "I got a bargain" pot?

Thanks

Could I get a copy of that receipt also please?

wags22@internode.on.net

Guest David Tran

40inch 650 for $2000. Ask for Glenn S at Good Guys Oxley. Ask him to match David Jones Sale. SIN #1020157619 was my purchase details.