Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Probably best to check www.avsforums.com or avforums.com who already have the new XBRs.

According to current.com.au the new high end sony won't be out till september (which is apparantly when the 7 series Samsung come out at as well).

If you want to buy now, I would go the 6 series over the current batch of X/XBR by a long shot.

If you want to wait till september, LG might have their LED backlit display as well :)

Edited by Pleasure Paulie

Ooo interesting

Yea I actually dont mind waiting a few months if that means I can get a tv with DLNA

Theres so much changing with LCDs right now.

Even sony and sammy have LED backlit lcds lined up, dunno when we get em though

time to play the waiting game

hi all, new to this forum. i've decided to upgrade my 32" Samsung 720P to a 46" Samsung 1080P LCD (LA46F81BDX). I was wondering if anyone knew the best place to get one. Best price for cash.

I remember looking up a site from this forum, that had a constantly updated list of prices for LCD's in Australia. Might have been a WiKi page, not sure.

Anyway, any help would be great. Looking to get it either next week or the week after. Thanks! :lol:

Guest twostubs
hi all, new to this forum. i've decided to upgrade my 32" Samsung 720P to a 46" Samsung 1080P LCD (LA46F81BDX). I was wondering if anyone knew the best place to get one. Best price for cash.

I remember looking up a site from this forum, that had a constantly updated list of prices for LCD's in Australia. Might have been a WiKi page, not sure.

Anyway, any help would be great. Looking to get it either next week or the week after. Thanks! :lol:

I don't no if this helps but 2,490 at retravision Perth WA. good hunting. F8 46in

The wiki you are thinking of is hdtvprices - http://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/

Yes, LCD is starting to catch up to Plasma in terms of colour anyway :) LED blacklit should further improve upon that. I don't know if the next gen of Sony hitting Australia near the end of the year is LED blacklit, but I know LG's one will be.

The Samsung 6 series is getting very good reviews overall. So probably the best around at the moment.

They're in Perth, I saw them at Myer Booragoon. Ticketed prices: LA40A550 $2069.10, LA40A650 $2519.10

The price on the new 40inch A550 is less than the price of the superseded F-series 40inch.

Not yet available at HN.

Hi,

Just a quick question - I'm going to be calling Samsung to see if there's a Firmware update for my LA40M81 to see if it fixes a couple of issues - anyone care to tell me what version they're currently on? My box says version SX03 and Firmware 1007.

Cheers All!

Samsung Series 4 & 5

http://gizmodo.com/341069/samsungs-lowly-l...-1080p-series-5

Samsung Series 6 & 7

http://gizmodo.com/341062/samsungs-high+en...but-no-leds-wtf

A friend of mine told me he just purchased the 32" Samsung Series 5 Full HD model (I assume the LN32A550P model) for $1200 (list price $1699) from Bing Lee in Hornsby Sydney. Is that a good price?

I was waiting for a 32" Full HD. Anything else is too big for the room. And it now looks like the time has finally come to buy. Anybody purchased the 32inch Full HD?

Its a pitty that Samsung haven't updated the specs on there web site to reflect the new LCD range.

Samsung series 6 Australian RRP

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/05/samsungs..._australia.html

Product information and 1 page PDF brocures on the Samsung series 4, 5, & 6 can be found here

http://www.ramtek.com.au/index.php?p=1_2

I'm fairly sure the series 5 in 32" would do me fine over the more expensive series 6

Edited by g12345567

I would make sure that the versions being sold in Australia either have the latest firmware - or wait for samsung to put the product on the website with firmware upgrade available.

There were a few problems with the first firmware if you check other forums.

I would make sure that the versions being sold in Australia either have the latest firmware - or wait for samsung to put the product on the website with firmware upgrade available.

There were a few problems with the first firmware if you check other forums.

Yep I am aware of these problems.

I wont be buying soon anyway, as the 7 series isnt even in aus yet.

The 6 series only JUST hit perth, and as yet only myer has it.

I got mates working in other stores so I'll wait till the 7 hits those stores ;)

Sammy shud by then have the site updated, (and hopefully some freebies :D )

There is also the new line of sony X and XBRs coming out in november, so might wait till they come out in america / europe and see how they go

The glass is the same as the sammys but the electronics are diff and might b better. Altho lack of streaming video will put me off.

The sammy 6/7s are getting great reviews right now. They are being likened to the kuro in some instances (black level for one :o )

The wiki you are thinking of is hdtvprices - http://hdtvprices.pbwiki.com/

thanks, and also to the previous poster.

seems a little different then when I checked last. unfortunately, I dont remember where (but it was on this forum), someone mentioned something like $2200 - 2300 range. I was still considering the Samsung 50" P91 at the time, but changed my mind since a friend of mine (who owns one) said there are response time/framerate lag problems with Xbox 360.

i'll try asking around, want to find one at $2300 or less.

Hi all, my first post here. I just ordered a LA40A650 today. I was looking at the out-going F8 series Sammy's (I seem to prefer Samsung) when I saw the the 6 series and had to have it. Myer has a 15% off LCD's & Plasma's at the mo, so some bargains are to be had (yes I got the special on the new model - you rippa!). It should certainly be an upgrade from my 10 y.o. 34cm CRT I've been struggling with......ahhh HD goodness (and being able to actually see the footy score!)

Hi all, my first post here. I just ordered a LA40A650 today. I was looking at the out-going F8 series Sammy's (I seem to prefer Samsung) when I saw the the 6 series and had to have it. Myer has a 15% off LCD's & Plasma's at the mo, so some bargains are to be had (yes I got the special on the new model - you rippa!). It should certainly be an upgrade from my 10 y.o. 34cm CRT I've been struggling with......ahhh HD goodness (and being able to actually see the footy score!)

Also saw the 40" Series 6 at Myers and am very tempted to get it. Can you share what price you got it for?

...A friend of mine told me he just purchased the 32" Samsung Series 5 Full HD model (I assume the LN32A550P model) for $1200 (list price $1699) from Bing Lee in Hornsby Sydney. Is that a good price?...

Can you ask him what he thinks of it? I was going to buy one today, except for the WAFVBM at the time so I bailed out of the purchase and took the kids to McDonalds instead.

(VBM = very bad mood).

Can you ask him what he thinks of it? I was going to buy one today, except for the WAFVBM at the time so I bailed out of the purchase and took the kids to McDonalds instead.

(VBM = very bad mood).

He was very impressed with it although he didn't buy it for himself, but for a friend. I'm just waiting on Sony to release the specs on there new 32v4000 1080p model before I can decide. On which one to purchase. But its definately a 32" Full HD model tv.

For the price the entry level Samsung LA32A550 1080p 32" represents very good value for money, compared to the 32" Full HD models that other manufacturers have/are about to release

Samsung LA32A650 (higer spec 32" Full HD)

Panasonic 32LZD800A

Sony KDL32V4000

I was quoted $2069.10 at Myers yesterday for this one.

Is that a special 15% off or some deal like that because that is the cheapest price I have seen ever! How did you manage that? Well done also, very impressive :D I suggest you take it if its that price!